Homophones are words that sound exactly the same but are spelt differently and have different meanings.
right He got the answer right.
write Use a pencil to write your
Use the homophone that you do not use
in a sentence of your own. This means that there will be 10 sentences altogether.
1. The brave ___________ saved the princess.
( knight / night )
2. The footballer hurt his _________.
( heal / heel )
3. The winners tried to __________ the trophy
above their heads.
( raise / rays )
4. The farmer took a _________ home for his tea.
( leak / leek )
5. “_________ are the boys?” asked the teacher.
(wear / where )
SPOT THE HOMOPHONES!
See if you can find all the homophones that have been used incorrectly. Underline the words that you need to change and use a dictionary to help.
Last knight when I looked up the sky was dark blew. I new I wood sea stars but eye was surprised buy there brightness. Who had maid them seem so beautiful? I was shore they had bean maid millions of years ago. I wanted to stair at them four ever.