SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF CENTRAL STEERING COMMITTEE
NATIONAL TARGETTED PROGRAM VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness ON
NEW RURAL DEVELOPMENT
thNumber: 435/KH-BCDXDNTM Ha Noi, 20 September 2010
For implementing the National Targeted Program
on new rural development for period 2010 - 2020
I. PLAN FOR 2010
1. Establishment of Steering Committees at all levels
a) Establishment of the Central Steering Committee: 1 July 2010 the Prime Minister issued Decision No. 1013/QD-TTg on the establishment of the Central Steering Committee (CSC) for the national target program of new rural construction period 2010 - 2020, including 24 members led by Mr. Nguyen Sinh Hung, member of the Politburo, Permanent Deputy Prime Minister of the Government as its Chairman.
- Issue operating regulations of the CSC, assign specific responsibilities to all members of the Central Steering Committee
- Establish the Permanent of the Central Steering Committee, composed of the heads, deputy heads and three members are leaders of the Ministries of Planning and Investment, Finance and Construction (Decision 1738/QD-TTg of
ththe Prime Minister dated 20 September 2010).
- Establish a Program Coordination Office to the Central Steering Committee based at the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development issued the Decision 2501/QD-
thBNN-TCCB dated 17 September 2010).
b) Establish Steering Committees for the National Targeted Program on new countryside development at local levels:
- Provincial level:
+ Steering Committee of the province is led by the provincial People's Committee Chairman as its head. Permanent Vice Chairman of the Steering
Committee is Vice-Chairman of the People Committee and 01 Vice Chairman is the Director General for Agriculture and Rural Development of the province, the Steering Committee members have similar composition to the Central Steering Committee. Permanent Provincial Steering Committee is the head, deputy heads and three members representing the departments Leaders: Contructions, Planning - Investment, Finance.
+ Establish a Program Coordination Office of the province based at the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development in order to assist the provincial steering committee to implement the program in the province.
- District, town (referred to as district):
+ Steering Committee of the district is led by District People's Committee Chairman as the Chairman, Vice Chairman of the District People Committee as Vice Chairman. Members include heads of related sub-departments of the district.
+ Sub-department of Agriculture and Rural Development (or sub-department for economic issues) is focal-coordination agency to assist the Steering Committee to implement programs in the area.
- Commune level: Establishment of Program Management Unit (PMU) on new rural development led by Commune People’s Committee (CPC) Chairman
as the Chairman, Deputy Chairman of CPC as Vice Chairman. Some members representing professional bodies and representatives from several agencies, political organizations.
2. Propaganda, Communication, information
a) Online Conference between the Prime Minister with the leaders of ministries, central agencies and local leaders to implement the National Targeted Program of new rural construction period 2010-2020: on 06 August 2010.
b) Press conference on National Targeted Program on new rural areas for the period 2010-2020 (Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development): September 2010.
c) Conference with the International Organization to provide information about the National Target Program on new countryside for period 2010 -2020 in
rd order to share experiences and cooperation plans (chaired by MARD): 3Quarter 2010.
d) Propaganda about the Program on many diverse forms regularly to provide adequate information to facilitate the political system and society to fully understand the purpose, content and directions, mechanism, policies of the Party and State on new countryside.
3. Deployment schemes to improve the quality of the movement "All people unite to build cultural life in residential areas associated with building new countryside" by the Central Committee of Vietnam Fatherland Front presided over the third quarter 2010.
a) Central Committee of Vietnam Fatherland Front leads and coordinate with other mass organizations, ministries and related construction projects and launching the campaign in October 2010;
b) Central Committee of Vietnam Fatherland Front in coordination with other ministries and relevant agencies to develop mechanisms for coordination among government agencies with other agencies of the Party, to mobilize the political system in perform the tasks of building new countryside (12/2010).
4. Complete guidance documents for implementing the program
a) Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Planning and Investment, Ministry of Finance to formulate and issue a joint circular guiding the management and implementation of National Target Programme of new rural construction (completed in 12/2010);
- Lead and coordinate with other related agencies and provincies to synthesize and submit annual plan and five-year on funding to implementthe program; so the Government then submit to the National Assembly for approval (additional capital for 2010 and funding for 2011).
- Lead in building a database system for steering, monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Organize training for officials at all level in rural develoment field according to the annual plan.
- Guidance and supervision of local government:
+ Complete review and evaluation of rural situations under the national set of criteria; to synthesize overall situation over the country and
targets/objectives for new rural development to 2015 and 2020 to submit to the Central Steering Committee
+ Prepare commune new rural development’s projects to meet all 19 rural
criteria based on the Document No. 2543/BNN-KTHT dated 21 August 2009.
+ To renovate and build new irrigation systems in the communes on economic and social infrastructure development following the Decision 800/QD-TTg ( December 2010);
+ To implement the content content of 1,2,3,4 restructuring, economic development, improve income 800/QD-TTg Decision (March 12/2010);
+ Implementation of the 1.3 content content innovation and development of organizational forms of production in rural areas effectively with Decision 800/QD-TTg (July 12/2010);
+ Implement the water content and environmental sanitation in rural 800/QD-TTg Decision (July 12/2010);
b) The ministries and departments according to their functions and tasks assigned by the Prime Minister in Decision No. 800/QD-TTg, is responsible for reviewing, amending and supplementing the content of the guidance documents issued to fit the contents of the Program; guide and direct the local construction and approval of schemes and projects to integrate the National Target programs and projects underway in the area and make content of the National Target Program (completed in May 12/2010), specifically:
- To review and assess the state of rural areas according to the criteria (of the state management function of ministries) to cater for direct program implementation and build database systems (12 / 2010);
- Review and supplement and amend the contents of the guidance documents issued in accordance with the contents of the Program (12/2010);
- The functions and tasks assigned, shall review the contents of a new countryside construction, giving priority to the planning, personnel training, education, health care .... proposed additional funding in 2010 and expected the central budget funds allocated for the program in 2011 to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development General, Steering Committee Report (September 2010);
- Ministry of Construction shall guide the implementation of development planning economic infrastructure - society - environment, development of new residential and renovation of existing residential areas in the commune with Decision 800 / Decision-TTg;
- Ministry of Planning and Investment guiding the content development of small and medium enterprises in rural areas;
- Ministry of Transport guidelines implemented to improve traffic based commune People's Committee and the transportation system in the commune;
- Ministry of Industries and Commerce guides the implementation of perfecting the system works to ensure power supply for daily life and production in the commune;
- Ministry of Culture - Tourism, Sport and guiding the improvement of the works to serve the needs of cultural and sports activities in the commune;
- Ministry of Health guidelines make perfect the system works for the standardization of health care in the commune; health development, health care of rural residents;
- Ministry of Education and Training guidelines make perfect the system works for the standardization of education in the communes, development of education - training in rural areas;
- Ministry of Home Affairs made a complete guide based social and support facilities; improve the quality of the Party, government, political - society in the province;
- Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs guiding the content of vocational training for rural workers, the employment structure and the rapid shift of rural labor, poverty alleviation and social security;
- Ministry of Information and Communications chair, guiding the implementation of information content and communication in rural areas.
- Ministry of Public Security guiding the maintenance of security, social order in rural areas.
5. Select and assign members to direct the PSC (9 / 2010).
Select the 05 provinces of Phu Tho, Thai Binh, Ha Tinh, Binh Phuoc, An Giang and 05 districts of Nam Dan - Nghe An, Hai Hau - Nam Dinh, Phuoc
Long - Bac Lieu, Phu Ninh - Quang Nam province K'Bang - Gia Lai province to the Central Steering Committee to focus and direct the follow up of 11 communes by the Secretariat to draw direct experience in deploying National Target Program to build new countryside.
6. Directed the provincial focus on some of the following:
a) Continue to review and assess the social status of rural and developing projects and projects under the guidance of the ministries, branches DPC approval process.
b) Focus on building new rural planning.
c) Identify targets strive to build a new countryside:
- Number of new rural social standards;
- Number of villages reached some basic criteria;
Identify solutions to implement and report to the Central Steering Committee for review and general balance.
6.4. Focus on the implementation of the campaign "All people unite to build cultural life in residential areas associated with building new countryside" under the guidance of the Central Committee of Vietnam Fatherland Front.
6.5. Construction plans and annual program reports for 5 years the Central Steering Committee.
6.6. Mobilize resources and implement the targets and contents of the program under the direction and guidance of the Steering Committee and other central ministries.
6.7. Direct, coordinate and integrate the organization of the programs and projects in the area.
7. National Budget:
7.1. Additional funding for activities in 2010 of the Central Steering Committee, Office of Program Coordination and Agency Standing Program (Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development) by ensuring the central budget, including:
- Construction documents and development, mechanisms, policies and guidelines.
- Funds for operation of the Office of Coordinator: equipment, apparatus operating expenses, stationery, communication, inspection, direct ...
- Funds to organize meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Funding for training and staff training of new rural construction;
- Funding for public communication of the National Target Program to build new countryside.
7.2. Funding for local implementation in 2010, including:
- The fund for operation of the local steering committees: the State budget by ensuring;
- Funding for the preparation and launch the program in other localities including deployment planning and developing projects in the construction of new rural communes; propaganda, training of local officials and people's communes and villages (central budget to support the provinces not balance their budget priorities central budget allocation for social difficulties, poor communes of the district under Program 30a, the coastal communes, villages and islands).
7.3. The estimated national budget for 2011.
II. PLAN FOR 2011
1. Continued implementation of the communication, dissemination of new rural construction;
2. Basically completed the planning and construction projects in the communes of NTM.
3. Complete the approved rural development schemes under the new criteria for countries all over the country;
4. Focus direction points (5 provinces and five districts) and 11 communes continue to monitor the direction by the Secretariat.
5. Require each district and province a 2-3 choice to direct the pilot communes, experiences in implementing National Target programs in the area;
6. Based on the guidance of the ministries, the Central Steering Committee and the actual conditions in local, provincial Steering Committee should specify, guide and direct the district, implementing social programs.
7. Deployment training, training staff to build new rural areas (priority areas of difficult, mountainous and island communes with special difficulties, poor communes in the district's program 30a);
8. Direct the focus of social make some content, such as production development plan, construction of infrastructure education, health, transport, irrigation, electricity, clean water for household needs focus on completion of sanitary works, pond garden, travel conditions ....
9. Complete operating system and database monitoring and
comprehensive evaluation program to ensure a smooth and uniform from the center to local
10. Continue to implement the movement "All people unite to build cultural life in residential areas, in connection with building a new countryside."
11. Prepare national budget for the Program in 2012. /.
PLAN FOR 2010 IN DETAIL
TO IMPLEMENT THE NATIONAL TARGETED PROGRAM ON NEW RURAL DEVELOPMENT FOR
PERIOD 2010 - 2020
No. Main Agency Tasks Involving agencies Deadline 1. Establishment of the Central Steering Committee: - Government Office Accomlished - To establish a Program Coordination Office at the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development;
- Online Conference National Target Programme implementation NTM - Ministry of Information and construction; Communications and other 2.To provide information, extensive propaganda among officials and citizens: ministries; - 8/2010 - Organization of the campaign launch ceremony: "the entire people to - The Vietnam Fatherland
participate in building new countryside; Front;
3. Building and issued a joint circular guiding the implementation of the - The ministries and Ministry of III/2010 program: agencies; Agriculture and 1 - General needs additional capital program implementation in 2010 and - Ministry of Planning and Rural subsequent years; Investment, Ministry of Development - Guiding the content of land use planning and infrastructure essential for Finance; Quarter III/2010 development of agriculture, handicraft-DV in the commune. - Ministry of Natural
Quarter III/2010 - Guide the development of the content components: restructuring, economic Resources and Environment;
development, increase income, improve and construct new irrigation systems - Ministry of Finance, the Quarter III/2010 in the communes; innovation and development of organizational forms ministries concerned have production efficiency in rural water supply and sanitation in rural areas; been completed Quarter III/2010 - Develop, distribute documents and manuals for implementation staff at the
Quarter III/2010 grassroots.
- Training, training for staff to direct implementation of the program - Quarter III/
No. Main Agency Tasks Involving agencies Deadline
Government Office; 2010
- Balanced funds invest in developing supplements in 2010, 20,111 years for - Ministry of Finance, 9/2010 Ministry of the program; Ministry of Agriculture and 2 Planning and - Provide Circular for the Decree 61/2010/ND-CP on encouraging investment Rural Development;
Investment by enterprises in agriculture in in rural areas; Quarter III/2010
- Balance SNKT additional capital in 2010, in 2011 for the program; - Ministry of Planning and Quarter III/2010
- Guide uniform mechanism combining the use of funds (budget, credit, Investment, MARD; Ministry of 3 finance, people contribute ...) to implement the Program; Finance - MPI and other relevant
Quarter III/2010 ministries
Guide the implementation of content planning for infrastructure development - other relevant ministries and Quarter III/ Ministry of economic and social - environment, development of new residential areas organizations 2010 4 Construction
Guide the implementation of content: Vocational training for rural workers, other relevant ministries and Quarter III/ 5 MOLISA create jobs for farmers Poverty alleviation; organizations 2010 Ministry of Guide the implementation of content renovate, upgrade and build roads to the other relevant ministries and Quarter III/ 6 Transportation CPC offices and transportation systems in the communes organizations 2010 Ministry of guiding the content renovate and upgrade the electrical system construction other relevant ministries and Quarter III/
7 Industry and and production activities in the commune organizations 2010 Commerce