LONE STAR REGION CONVENTION GUIDE
LONE STAR REGION BY-LAWS PROVISIONS
Following are the provisions of the By-Laws of the Lone Star Region which relate to and govern Lone Star Region Conventions, as approved by the Officers and Directors at Longview on June 16, 1991.
- E X T R A C T -
Article V - Conventions
1. The Annual Meeting prescribed in the Constitution shall be known as the "Lone Star Region
2. It is the policy of the Lone Star Region that a person must be a member in good standing of
the Lone Star Region (or a person in the family of the member) in order to register for and
participate in the activities of the Lone Star Region (Year) Convention. By reciprocal
agreement, membership in other National Model Railroad Association Regions shall be
honored for registration.
3. The Convention shall be hosted, planned, managed, and conducted by any local model
railroad group or organization in the Lone Star Region. The prospective host group or
organization should present its bid for the Convention to the Board of Directors of the Region
for approval and selection. Such a bid should be presented two years before the proposed
Convention date, whenever possible.
4. A loan, not to exceed two thousand dollars ($2,000.00) may be advanced to the host group
with such money to be withdrawn from the Convention Fund. One thousand dollars
($1,000.00) of the loan may be requested by the host group not earlier than two years prior to
the Convention; up to one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) additional may be requested not
earlier than one year prior to the Convention. Requests for advance money should be
addressed to the Chairman, Convention Committee, who will coordinate and authorize the
5. A per capita fee of two dollars ($2.00) is to be paid to the Region Convention Fund for each
Lone Star Region regular or associate member, or member of another National Model
Railroad Association Region, registered for the Convention. The per capita fee is not required
for persons in the family of the member unless such persons hold membership in the Region in
their own right.
6. An amount equal to five percent (5%) of the gross proceeds from an auction conducted
during the Convention shall be remitted to the Region Convention Fund. The remaining five
percent (5%) shall accrue to the host group of the Convention.
LSGIDE09.LAW (09-97) 1
7. An amount equal to fifty percent (50%) of the surplus of Convention monetary income over
convention-incurred expenses shall be remitted to the Region Convention Fund. Income from
auction gross proceeds and from the per capita fee collection shall not be included when
determining the Convention monetary income.
8. Should the host group conduct a Train Show concurrently with the Convention, all monetary
income and all expenses associated with the Train Show shall be excluded when determining
Convention monetary income and convention-incurred expenses. All monetary income and
expenses pertinent to the Train Show shall accrue to the host group.
9. The host group should address the remittances for the Convention Fund to the Region
Secretary-Treasurer as follows:
a. The per capita fee should be remitted not later than thirty days after end of the
b. Repayment of the advance loan, remittance of the auction proceeds share, and remittance
of the Region share of the convention monetary surplus should be made by the end of the
calendar year in which the Convention is held.
10. The host group shall prepare and submit a statistical and financial report in the format
specified by the Chairman, Convention Department. the Report shall be submitted to the
Board of Directors at the first mid-year meeting following end of the Convention.
11. The Region Secretary-Treasurer shall manage the Convention Fund, and shall report the
balance at each meeting of the Board of Directors. At each Annual Meeting, the Board of
Directors shall determine the amount to be retained in the Convention Fund, and shall direct
the transfer of funds in excess of that amount, as may be necessary.
12. Liability insurance for inside activities of a Convention shall be provided under the master
policy of the NMRA. The cost of the liability insurance rider will be paid by the Region.
LSGIDE09.LAW (06-91) 2