Unit 1 The Great Wall
1. Be able to talk about a place or some animals with partners. 2. Be able to master the using of „is/‟s, are‟.
Teaching keys :
1. Use the adj. correctly to describe something or some place. 2. Use the sentences freely: tell me more about …, it‟s about/got…
„s sometimes means “is”, and sometimes means “has”.
Task- based approach , language communicative approach The analysis of the students and the materials:
2. Ask and answer: where did you go during the summer holidays? 3. I do you say: short ,long, tall,short, big, small, fat, thin. 4. Say a chant:
Tall, tall, tall, make yourself tall. Short, short, short, make yourself
short.Big, big, big, make your eyes big. Small, small, small, make
your eyes small. Long, long, long, make your arms long. Short, short,
short, make your arms short.
1. CAI shows the pictures of Beijing.
T: I went to Beijing in the summer vocation. I took lots of pictures. Look
at this one, it‟s a picture of the… (write the title “the Great Wall” and
the sentence “It‟s a picture of…”on the blackboard and practise
T: Now you tell me something about the Great Wall. ( Is it big/ long/
Tell me more about the Great Wall. How long is it? ( CAI shows the
answer and then the teacher writes the answer on the Bb)
Read after the teacher; Practise by taking a train.
2. T: Now look at these pictures. Beijing is great. And it‟s really big.
How big is it? Do you know?(CAI shows the answer and the teacher
helps the students answer)
Write the question and answer on the blackboard, read after the
teacher. Ask and answer in pairs.
3. Show the headwearing of Daming and Simon.
T？Who are they? Where is Daming？ Daming is in New York with his
cousin,Simon. They are talking about some postcards of Beijing and
the Great Wall. Let‟s go and see. Listen to the first paragraph. 4. Now Simon knows something about the Great Wall, but Daming
doesn‟t know something about New York. So Simon tells him about it.
Listen to the second paragraph and find out about New York. How big
Listen to second paragraph and answer.
1. Listen and repeat.
2. Read or act in roles.
Step4.Extension ( show some pictures) Look at this pictures.The first one is about the Yellow River. The second is about the Changjiang River./ the Huangshan Mountain/ Xiangjiang River/Changsha/ Wuhan. Please work in pairs and make a dialogue like this:
A: Look. It‟s a picture of …
How long /big /high/ is it？
B？It‟s about… kilometers.
It‟s got about…people.
Listen and recite the text.