66. Dear Mr. Pickering,
Thank you for your suggestion about attending a computer course. As a matter of fact, I took a similar computer course two months ago. So I don’t think it is necessary to take it once again. However, in order to better understand the market, I want to attend the marketing course.
67. I feel the cost of new paper used in our department is too high. There has been a sharp rise in demand of new paper over the past six months. I think it can be reduced. I suggest that we use recycled paper instead if possible. We can also use electronic technique in office management, such as e-mails, or e-version of the documents. In this way we can reduce the cost on that. Moreover, it is environmental-friendly.
68;May 20, 2010
Dear Mr. Grey,
Thank you for your interest in our company.
We are pleased that you will pay a visit to our company. I propose the morning of May 25 at 10 a.m. Could you please telephone me to confirm this or suggest an alternative?
During your visit we’ll show you the product line and the warehouse of our company. We’ll also introduce our new products to you.
I look forward to hearing from you.
66. I’m sorry for the delay of the report, which I was to finish by next
Wednesday, because I’ll have to finish another important report by Next Tuesday. I’ll continue your report after that and hope to finish it before next Friday.
67. To: Managing Director
Form: Alan Scot, Sales Department
I recommend John Smith of our department for the prize for the Employee of the Year. He has been working very hard during the past twelve months and has very excellent sales performance. He is always kind, enthusiastic, motivated, and diligent. His proposal of the ongoing sales promotion scheme has brought us a considerable amount of profit.
68. Dear Alan,
I am glad that I can experience and learn something new in the position exchange. My duties mainly include dealing with international partners, making correspondence with our agents, sending invoices, making arrangements for visitors and general office duties. I am directly responsible for / I directly report to Mr. Simon Herb, the Department Director. As the following six months will be towards the end of this year and the beginning of the next, you will be very in preparing for the annual report and the plan of next year.
66. I think we can visit the exhibition of office equipment to be held from 22 to 27 May. During the visit we can see many new kinds and models of the office facilities. We can also get in touch with some suppliers so that we may have more choices. As staff in Purchasing Department, it would be very useful for us to get to know the latest development and the newest types of office equipment.
67. We are temporarily short of staff in Sales Department because Johnson has been promoted to General Manager. We would like you to have the job vacancy be known and recruit a sales assistant / representative for us.
28 May, 2010
Dear Sir or Madam,
We are a leading company manufacturing household appliances with about 2,000 staff / employees in total. We are looking for a catering company to run our canteen. The opening time of the canteen is from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays. We would like Chinese traditional food as well as some western style food. I would be grateful if you could send us a sample menu. Look forward to your reply.
66. Dear Sir or Madam,
We are a major company in China exporting household appliances to Europe, America, and Asia. We have learned that you are a leading manufacturer of TV set. So we would like to establish business relationship with you. Would you please send us your product catalogue and price?
67. From: John Smith
To: Managing Director
The sales of children’s clothes in our department store could be increased. According to a survey, our customers think the price of our children’s clothes is a little bit high, though they are of high quality. So I think we can increase the sales by giving our customers a reasonable discount if they buy two or more. children’s clothes.
68. Dear Ms. Mary James:
Our company will hold a business conference on 16th September, and I have spoken to you on the phone about that. I am writing to confirm the arrangements. We would like to have one conference room on the morning of that day and two seminar rooms on the afternoon. And we will also need a computer and a projector in the conference room. We hope everything will be on schedule and we don’t want anything to go wrong.
66. We are a leading IT company providing technical support and software training. We are looking for a cleaning services provider and does the daily cleaning work for our company. I think we should meet to discuss some further details next Thursday at 10 am. Please reply to confirm or propose an alternative.
67. I think the places of promoting the DVD should include big department stores, supermarkets, the household appliance stores, etc. We can do the promotion by offering reasonable discounts. We may also encourage our customers to replace their old DVDs with only a small charge. Our customers should include housewives and senior citizens who spend much time home watching TV or DVD movies.
68. Dear Ms. Lily Ford,
I am writing to confirm the visit to our company on March 24. We would be very grateful if you could inform us who is going to be in the group and what the visitors want to see at our company. After the visiting, we will have dinner together and then go to the theatre to enjoy Beijing Opera, the typical Chinese traditional culture.
I am writing with reference to your advertisement for a Production Secretary in the Guardian of 23 July 2001.
I graduated from Madrid University in 1994 with a degree in Modern European languages. My first full-time job was as a support secretary for the Training Director of a company which ran courses for software designers and IT managers. Since 1996 I have been working as a bilingual secretary for a large international publishing company.
I am very interested in the position because I would like to use my languages. I am enthusiastic about working for a TV company and feel that I have the flexibility, motivation and communication skills you require.
Please find enclosed my curriculum vitae and a photo.
I look forward to hearing from you.