依靠！依赖 15.对…满足 16.
19. 举行！发生 20.给…留下印象
23.承认做某事 24. 忙于做某事
欣赏做某事 25.对…产生伤害 26.
幸亏！由于 31.容许某人做某事 32.
在多云的天气 35.前几章 36.
43. 人行道 44.适合…需要
1. Our town doesn’t b_______from the papermaking factory. Instead it is seriously polluted.
2.Our house is very c________ for our school. Therefore we go to school on foot.
3.If you become a________to drugs your wife shall leave you.
4.She must be s________ to cold for she is wearing so heavy clothes in early winter.
5.The farmer is repairing his house for it was________(损坏)by the hurricane yesterday.
6.The enemy have________(占领)the island and we will wait for an opportunity to
7.This is the most________(可靠的;可信赖的)news so we shouldn’t doubt it.
8.In________(结果;由于)of your bad work I am forced to dismiss you.
work out;check in;thanks to;rely on;be likely to;pull up;give up;compare to;be
addicted to;carry on
1. Never________.;You will be successful one day.
2. I have spent one hour on the problem but I still can’t________it________.
3.________your help, I finished the work on time.
4.He ________the computer games that he can stay before the screen for days without sleep.
5. Today is Sunday so he________go to play basketball with his friends. 6. When the traffic lights are red the cars must________.
7. Nowadays more and more children________their parents for they are the only child in the family.
8. People often ________children ________the flowers of the country.
1. Michael Jackson;________incomparable figure in music dance and culture was announced dead by doctors on ________ afternoon of June 25,2009.
;the B.a;the C.an;/ D.the;the A.an
2.On July 4,2009,;a sixty-year-old man in Missouri managed to climb out of the car in the accident,________unhurt.
A.regularly B.apparently C.extremely D.frequently 3.My math teacher doesn’t mind what way I solve the problem________I can.
A.even though B.as soon as C.as long as D.as though 4. Thanks to the police otherwise the accident________.
A.would happen B.would be happened
C.happened D.would have happened
5. After several sleepless nights Johnson________a perfect solution to the financial problems of his company.
A.kept up with B.put up with C.came up with D.ended up with 6. It is none of your business________other people think of you.Believe in yourself. A.how B.what C.which D.when 7.—Who do you know________lit the Olympic flame on August 8,2008? —The former gymnastics star Li Ning.
A.was it that B.that it was C.that was it D.it was that 8. The nurse treated the boy very kindly but he was so naughty that her patience ________ at last.
A.used up B.got away C.went down D.gave out 9. I’d rather have a room of my own,however small it is,than ________a room with someone else.
A.to share B.to have shared C.share D.sharing 10. When Chinese people talk about American cities,the first________comes into their minds is San Francisco.
A.city B.one C.that D.of them 11，I saw a woman running toward me in the dark.Before I could recognize who she was！she had run back in the direction ________ she had come.
A，of which B，by which
C，in which D，from which
12，The book was boring.It wasn’t________ to me.
C，of little benefit D，of much benefit
13，Would it be________ for you to pick me up at four o’clock and take me to the
14，Alice！what are you arguing________the teacher，You should think highly of the teacher’s opinions.
C，with about D，about with
15，The girls ________ into the company recently have to receive strict training
before they start to work.
admitted D，admitting C，
16，________ herself with routine office tasks！she had no time to attend to her children.
C，Being occupied D，To be occupied
7，________ my hometown take on a new look！a sense of________ suddenly 1
appeared in my mind.
A，Having seen；joy B，Seeing；happiness
While I saw；delight D，When I saw；pride C，
18，Not content________ her new car！Selina now wants a bike for trips into the city center.
19，I wrote him a letter to show my ________ of his thoughtfulness.
20，I’m really________ this weather—why can’t it be sunny for a change?
A，fed up to B，fed on
C，fed to D，fed up with
21，To deal with the global financial crisis！China has ________ a string of forceful measures over the past months.
A，worked out B，found out
C，turned out D，made out
22，I think I can come！but don’t________.
A，depend on B，rely on it
C，want it D，make it
23，After everyone ________！the meeting began.
A，instead of them B，took their place
C，took my place D，in their place
24，—Why didn’t you tell her about the appointment?
—She drove away________ we could say a word.
25，—Where did you find the wallet?
—It was at the stadium ________ I played football.
1. Some people speak English with a strong Chinese a______.
2. The p_____ has run out, so he couldn’t get his motorbike started.
3. My i ______of the northwest region is that great changes have been taking place
4. Ron was a______ to a medical school while his best friend Harry attended a law
school this fall.
5. He was a______ by the police because he had been buying and selling drugs.
6. Lots of children in rural areas of China have b______a lot from Project Hope. 7. The elderly need special care in winter,as they are s______to the sudden change weather.
8. They had their wallets stolen by t______on a crowded bus the other day. 9.Parents should take r______ for their children’s safety and education.
10. When the train pulled out, she stood on the ______ (站台) and waved at me. 11.We finished the project three weeks ahead of ______ (进度表)
12. He had been caught in a heavy rain.The ______ (结果) was that he caught a bad cold.
13. Parents should care about the ______ (身体的) and emotional needs of their teenage children.
14. Information technology and mobile phones have brought us much______ (便利).
15. The Jacksons have ______ (居住) the apartment for the past.