Unit 4 How do you get to school?
( )21. English is different _______ Chinese, so we should learn
it in a different way.
A. from B. as C. with D. of
( )22. There is a river between his school and home, so he takes a _____ to school every day.
A. bus B. taxi C. boat D. train
( )23. Don’t _____ about the exam. I believe you can get a good grade.
A. worry B. talk C. tell D. learn
( )24. Let’s be ________! The class is starting.
A. fun B. stressed C. quick D. angry
( )25. —_______ does Mr Brown go to work?
A. Why B. How C. When D. Where
( )26. —________________?
—Yes. I don’t know how to get to the hospital.
A. Excuse me B. Can I help you
C. What should I do D. What’s the matter
( )27. The book _______ be Jim’s. Look! His name is on it.
A. could B. must C. can D. need
( )28. I can’t go to the park with you. My mother is ______. I have to look after her at home.
A. active B. famous C. healthy D. ill
( )29. —John, how do you like the game?
—Very exciting, but it ______ me a lot of time.
A. wants B. spends C. pays D. takes
( )30. —______ is it from here to the supermarket?
—About twenty minutes’walk.
A. How far B. How long C. How often D. How many ( )31. Molly goes to school _______ her father’s car and Larry goes to school ______ foot.
A. by; on B. in; by C. in; on D. on; by
( )32. You shouldn’t _______ others’ help. You should do homework by yourself.
A. look at B. depend on C. listen to D. agree with ( )33. Take a taxi, ______ you will miss (错过) the train.
A. but B. and C. or D. so
( )34. A large number of students in this school ______ from China. They work very hard.
A. come B. comes C. came D. is coming ( )35. —How many people are there in the house?
A. Hundred of B. Two hundreds
C. Two hundreds of D. Two hundred
Now the idea of "car sharing (分享)"is popular around the world. That’s to say, 36 people are sharing the use of a car. Not everyone 37 a car. Think about it —38 many families today have one car, a lot of them don’t use it every day. Some cars spend most of their time 39 in garages (车库). When we don’
t use them, we have to pay 40 parking (停车) and other things. That needs a lot of 41 . To save (节
省) money, some people 42 the idea of "car sharing". If we share a car, we only pay when we use it.
Now more and more people are 43 to do car sharing. In Switzerland, about 40,000 people are doing it.
Japan is also trying to make "car sharing"44 around the country. Car sharing is a new idea in 45 . It
is also very easy for us to go everywhere we want without (不) buying a car.
( )36. A. more B. few C. less D. little
( )37. A. rents B. has C. sends D. sells
( )38. A. because B. so C. although D. but
( )39. A. playing B. living C. staying D. crying
( )40. A. for B. to C. at D. with
( )41. A. time B. food C. money D. health
( )42. A. got up B. wrote to C. asked for D. thought of
( )43. A. starting B. remembering C. leaving D. forgetting
( )44. A. busy B. different C. important D. popular
( )45. A. fishing B. transportation C. camping D. vacation
I’m in New York now. Please tell me how to get to Yiwu City from Shanghai Pudong Airport. By train
or bus? And how far is it from Shanghai to Yiwu? Thanks!
I think you can go to Yiwu by train. It’s quick and cheap. Take the Airport Bus No.7 to Shanghai Railway Station (火车站). The cost (费用) is (20. Then you can buy a train ticket there. The soft seat (软座) is (72 and the hard seat (硬座) is (47. It will take you 3 hours to get to Yiwu City. As for the bus, you can find it near the airport. The cost is (180 and it takes 4 hours to get to Yiwu. Brad
( )46. Where is Kevin now?
A. In Shanghai. B. In Beijing. C. In Yiwu. D. In New York.
( )47. The underlined word "ticket" means "____"in Chinese.
A. 车票 B. 座位 C. 车次 D. 车厢
( )48. If Kevin is at the Shanghai Pudong Airport, and he is taking the soft seat to Yiwu, how much
should he pay?
A. (72. B. (92. C. (67. D. (180.
( )49. How long does it take to get to Yiwu from Shanghai?
A. It takes three hours by bus.
B. It takes four hours by bus.
C. It takes four hours by train.
D. It takes five hours by train.
( )50. If the passage is from a website (网站), the address of the website may be ________.
A. www.chinatours.com B. www.chinahotels.com
C. www.shanghaibus.com D. www.yiwucity.com
Bad breath (呼吸) is a big problem. You can make people around you feel bad when you’re talking
Why do some people have bad breath? If you don’t brush your teeth, bacteria (细菌) will live in your mouth and between your teeth and make your breath smell (闻起来) bad. Foods like onions can also make bad breath. Smoking (吸烟) is an important reason for bad breath, too.
How can we stop bad breath? Some people say that mouthwash (漱口水) can make bad breath go away, but it isn’t true. Mouthwash only stops bad breath for a short time. Some people also say that brushing
your teeth can stop bad breath. The fact (事实) is that most people only brush their teeth for 30 to
45 seconds and it doesn’t work. To clean all of your teeth, you should brush for about 2 minutes twice
t want to have bad breath, make sure you’re looking after your teeth and mouth well. If you don’
Why do some people have bad breath?
They don’t (51)_____ and leave bacteria in their mouth and between their teeth. They eat foods
like (52)_____.They (53)_____.
How can we stop bad breath?
Mouthwash can only stop bad breath for (54)_____.We should brush our teeth for about (55)________
twice a day.
—How old is your grandpa? 56.
—He is ___________(七十二).
57. He is taking a ________(淋浴).
58. Beijing is in the _________(北方) of China.
59. This skirt is _______(更) beautiful than that one.
60. I live in a small ________(镇). I hope to go to a big city one day. 61. —H_______ do you usually go to school?
62. Forty and fifty is n__________.
63. We all know that there are sixty m_______ in an hour. 64. There are 1,000 meters in a k____________. 65. Tom is i____ in hospital. Let’s go to see him.
66. My mother goes to work by bike. (就画线部分提问)
_______ ________ your mother ________ to work?
67. Jenny often takes a bus to school. (同义句转换)
Jenny often goes to school _______ _______. 68. Mr Smith lives 10 miles away from his office.(就画线部分提问)
________ ________ does Mr Smith live from his office? 69. Your bike is not the same as my bike. (同义句转换)
Your bike is _______ _______ my bike.
70. It took me two hours to get there on foot. (同义句转换)
I _______ two hours _______ there.
A: Excuse me. Could you tell me the way to the People’s Park?
B: Let me see. 71
A: Really? How far is it?
B: 72 You can take a bus to get there.
B: The No.1 or No.3 Bus. No.1 Bus is better because its stop is near here.
A: OK. 74
B: About 20 minutes.
A: Thanks a lot.
A. About four miles.
B. Don’t worry.
C. How long does it take to get there?
D. Can I help you?
E. Oh, it’s a little far from here.
F. Which bus should I take?
G. You’re welcome.
2. exercise, environment (环境)
25 on foot
20 by car
15 by bike
10 by bus
5 by subway
I’m Li Fei from No.1 Middle School. Let me tell you how students in my class go to school.
What means of transportation do you like?
I find it’s hard to answer this question. I fear (害怕) any kind of transportation, so it’s hard to choose (选择). If I have to, I’d choose the plane (飞机). It’s quick, relaxing, and we can get food and drink on the plane.
I like buses. 9. On a long trip, I can meet different people and talk with them. The trip is interesting
and I can see the countryside.
I don’t like taking trains. There are always problems with trains. They’re often late. 10. I use my car and always get where I’m going in time (及时).
Answering this question is very difficult be-cause I like traveling (旅行) by bicycle, by plane, by boat, by car ... But I like walking best. I enjoy walking.
My favorite way of traveling is my computer mouse (鼠标). It is the fastest means of transportation.
I can go around the world in a few minutes, speak to people from all over the world, and look up (查阅) things quickly.
6. Why does Alan like the plane?
______________________________________ 7. What does Becky think of trains?
______________________________________ 8. What can Bob do with his computer mouse?
I. 21-25 ACACB 26-30 BBDDA 31-35 CBCAD
II. 36-40 ABCCA 41-45 CDADB
III. 46-50 DABBA
51. brush their teeth 52. onions
53. smoke 54. a short time
55. 2 minutes
IV. 56. seventy-two 57. shower
58. north 59. more
60. town 61. How
62. ninety63. minutes
64. kilometer 65. ill
66. How does; go67. by bus
68. How far 69. different from
70. spent; walking
V. 71-75 EAFCG
VI. One possible version:
I’m Li Fei from No.1 Middle School. Let me tell you how students in my class go to school. There
are 53 students in my class. 25 of them go to school by bike. 10 of them go to school by car and 10
of them go to school by bus. 5 of them walk to school. Only 3 of them go to school by subway. I think
walking and riding bikes are good ways of getting to school. We can get exercise. Also, they are good
for our environment.
6. Because it’s quick, relaxing, and we can get food and drink
on the plane.
7. She doesn’t like them. She thinks that there are always
problems with trains and they’re often late.
8. He can go around the world in a few minutes, speak to people
from all over the world, and look up things quickly with
his computer mouse.
Unit 4 知识点开心练
1. —When did he get here?
—About twenty m______ ago.
2. It t_______ her an hour to make dinner for her family every day.
3. Her home is about thirty k____ away from the airport.
4. My father got up at 6 am. Then he had a q_______ breakfast and went to work.
5. I got to school e_______ this morning. There were few students in the school when I arrived.
1. 7 + 5 = ________
2. 9 + 14 = __________
3. 44！10 = ______
4. 90 ?2 = _______
5. 7 ×8 = ______
6. 29 + 38 =_______
7. 9 ×9 = ________
8. 35 + 64 = ________
9. 50 ×2 + 6 = ________
10. 60 + 70 = ________
1. They go to the park ______.
= They _______ to the park.
2. He went to Shanghai _______ yesterday.
= He ___ to Shanghai yesterday.
3. She often goes to school ______.
= She often ______ to school.
4. I am going to the post office _____ this afternoon.
= I am going to ___ to the post office this afternoon.
5. He wants to go to the town ______.
= He wants to ____ to the town.
1. Allan is coming back by train next month. (就画线部分提问)
________ ___________ Allan coming back next month?
2. Please take the medicine before supper. (改为否定句)
Please ________ ___________ the medicine before supper.
3. Fishing isn’t interesting. I think.
I ______ ______ fishing _____ interesting.
4. I spent two hours doing my homework yesterday.(改为同义句)
It ______ me two hours ______ ______ my homework yesterday.
5. takes, the, he, usually, out, subway, to, go (.)(连词成句)
A: Good morning, Bill. How did you get to school today?
A: Do you usually get to school by car?
B: (2)____________ I usually ride my bike to school.
B: Because I got up late. My father took me to school.
B: About ten minutes.
A: How far do you live from
B: (5)_______________ It usually takes me thirty minutes by bike.
A. Yes, I do.
B. How long did it take?
C. No, I don’t.
D. I usually take the bus.
E. About five miles.
F. I took a car.
G. Why didn’t you get to
school by bike today?
1. on foot ________ 2. leave for ________
3. bus ride ________ 4. a lot ________
5. a small number of ________ 6. 起床________
7. 看,瞧________ 8. 乘船________
9. 与……不同________ 10. 地铁站________
1. Tom is ill. His mother is very ______(worry) about him.
2. Do you like _______(walk) to school every day?
3. It rained this morning, so I ____(take) a bus to school.
4. Let me ______(tell) you how to go to the bank.
5. Please let me _______(see) this postcard.
6. How about ____ (speak) English to others?
7. How ______ Bob _______(get) to school every day?
8. It took him two days _______(finish) reading the book.
9. Taking a boat is a lot ______(much) fun than taking a car.
10. He is ill so he needs _______(go) to a doctor.
live, take, bus stop,ride, get to, means, depend on, quick, by train, river
1. I began to learn _____ a bicycle at seven years old.
2. Writing this letter _____ me half an hour.
3. —How do you usually go to work?
—I usually go to work _____.
4. We should get off the bus at the next ________.
5. We are going to be late for the movie. Please be ______.
6. Doing exercise is a great ______ of keeping healthy. 7. Now many people _______ far away from their parents. They can’t often see their parents.
8. —What are you going to do?
—It ________ the weather.
9. There is a _____ near my house. I often swim there in summer. 10. The train is going to leave at 10 am. We must _______ the train station before it leaves.
When are you going to _____ here ______ Guangzhou?
This kind of television _____ _______ ______ others.
Her mother is ____ _____ _____ _____.
There are no subways in some _____ ______ the city.
_______ do you ______ ______ the Beijing Olympic Park?
________ ________ the boys in our class like _______ soccer.
____ ____ ____ buses in this city ______ five hundred.
Paul isn’t back home now, _____ his mother _____ _____ him very much.
The bar chart (条形图) shows how the students in Miss Zhang’s class go to school.
1. There are __________ means of transportation in the bar chart.
2. ______ girls go to school by bus.
3. The most popular way of getting to school is ________.
4. Six boys in Miss Zhang’s class go to school by _______.
5. There are ________ students in Miss Zhang’s class.
I. 1. minutes 2. takes 3. kilometers 4. quick 5. early
II. 1. twelve 2. twenty-three 3. thirty-four 4. forty-five 5. fifty-six
6. sixty-seven 7. eighty-one 8. ninety-nine
9. one hundred and six 10. one hundred and thirty
III. 1. on foot; walk 2. by train; took a train 3. by bike / bicycle; rides a bike / bicycle
4. by taxi; take a taxi 5. by car; take a car
IV. 1. How is 2. don’t take 3. don’t think; is
4. took; to do 5. He usually takes the subway to go out.
V. 1-5 FCGBE
I. 1. 步行 2. 动身去 3. 公共汽车行程 4. 很,非常 5. 一小部分的
6. get up 7. look at 8. take a boat / by boat
9. (be) different from 10. subway station
II. 1. worried 2. walking / to walk 3. took 4. tell 5. see
6. speaking 7. does; get 8. to finish 9. more 10. to go
III. 1. to ride 2. took 3. by train 4. bus stop 5. quick
6. means 7. live 8. depends on 9. river 10. get to
IV. 1. leave; for 2. is different from 3. ill in the hospital
4. parts of 5. What; think of 6. Not all; playing
7. The number of; is 8. so; worries about
V. 1. four 2. Five 3. by bicycle 4. car 5. forty-nine