Sample Paper – 2011
Class – XII
Time: 3 Hours Max. Marks: 70
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Question numbers 1 to8 are very short answer type questions, carrying one mark each,
(iii) Question numbers 9-18 are short answer type question, carry two marks each. (iv) Question numbers 19to27 are also short answer type question, carrying 3 mark each. (v) Question number 28to30 are long answer type question carrying five marks each. (vi) Use log tables for necessary calculations.
1. Which are of the following will describe the smallest circle when projected with the same velocity v perpendicular to the magnetic field B (i) α particle and (ii) β
2. In a series LCR circuit the voltage across inductor, a capacitor and a resistor are 30 V, 30 V and 60 V respectively. What is the phase difference between applied voltage and current in the circuit?
3. Write the truth table for the following combination of gates :
4. The charging current for a capacitor is 0.25 A, What is the displacement current across its plate?
5. What changes in the focal length of a (1) concave mirror and (ii) convex lens occur, when the incident violet light on them is replaced by red light 6. Compare the radii of two nuclei with mass number 1 and 27 respectively. 7. A lamp is connected in series with an inductor to a d.c. source. What will happen to its glow, when it is connected directly to the same source? 8. How does the energy gap in a semiconductor vary, when doped with a pentavalent impurity?
9. An electric dipole is held in a uniform electric field.
(i) Show that no force acts on its
(ii) Derive an expression for the torque acting on it.
10. 4 identical cells, each of emf 2 v are joined in parallel providing supply of current to external circuit consisting of two 15 ; resistance joined in parallel. The
terminal voltage of the cells, as read by an ideal voltmeter is 1.6 volt. Calculate the internal resistance of each cell.
11. For the same angle of incidence the angles of refraction in three media A , B , 000C are 15 , 25, and 35 respectively. In which medium the velocity light is minimum.
12. A compass needle, pivoted about the horizontal axis, and free to move in the magnetic meridian, is observed to point along the :
(i) vertical direction at place A
(ii) horizontal direction at a place B.
Give the value of the angle of dip at these two places
13. Identify the part of the electromagnetic spectrum to which is (i)Suitable for radar system used in aircraft navigation.
(ii)Adjacent to low frequency end of the electromagnetic spectrum. (iii) Produced in nuclear reactions.
14. A uniform wire of resistance 1; cm-1 is bent in the shape of letter A, the
sides of letter are 30cm each and the cross piece in the middle is 15 cm long 0while the apex angle is 60. find the resistance of letter between the two ends of legs.
15. Draw a graph showing the variation of stopping potential with frequency of incident radiations in relation to photoelectric effect. Deduce an expression for the slope of this graph using Einstein’s photoelectric equation.
16. The following table gives the value of work function for a new photosensitive metal.
S.No Metal Work Function (eV)
1 Na 1.92
2 K 2.15
3 Mo 4.17
In each of these metals is exposed to radiations of wavelength 300 nm which of them will not emit photoelectrons and why?
17. The ground state energy of hydrogen atom is -13.6 ev. What is the kinetic and potential energies of the electron in this state?
A radioactive isotope has a half life of T years. How long will it take the activity to reduce (i) 3.125% (ii) 1% of its original value?.
18. Draw the block diagram of a communication system. what are analog and digital signals? -9-919. Two point charges A and B of value +5 x 10 C and +3 x 10C are kept 6cm
apart in air. Calculate the work done, when charge B is moved by 1cm towards charge A.
20. In the following network of capacitors, find the equivalent capacitance and total charge and potential difference across each capacitor.
21. Using Kirchhoff’s laws, calculate the
value of the electric currents, I, I and I in the given electrical network. 123
AB is 1 meter long uniform wire of 10 ohm resistance. The other data are as shown in the circuit diagram given below :