命题人 宋贤瑜 洪鹏
1. Nowadays with the help of modern science and technology, farming is
no longer e______ dependent on the weather.
2. He saw a s_____ of white arrows painted on the road, each larger than
3. The t______ was so loud that the child was frightened to cry.
4. Suzie lives in a small d______ village on the edge of the desert.
5. Please drop the c______ to keep the bright light from coming through
the window. I can’t watch the video clearly.
power, loose, ignore, force, settle, generally,
upset, grateful, lonely, outdoors, exactly, recover, live
1. He felt very ______ when he heard his parents quarreling.
2. He was very young, 9 years old, ______ speaking.
3. Hitler killed a lot of Jews after he came to ______ in Germany.
4. It’s such a fine day! Why do we stay at home? Let’s go and do some sports ______.
5. I said hello to her, but she ______ me completely without giving any answer.
6. Soon she ______ from her illness and went to work again.
7. Most of the time Audrey is alone, but she does not feel ______ at all.
8. We lived in Thailand, then Singapore, and finally we ______ in Hong
Kong where we have since led a peaceful life.
9. I am ________ to you for saving my life in the forest.
10. The murderer had one hand ________ and the other was tied with another criminal’s.
Air pollution is one of the problems that we can’t afford to
There are five important ______________ in her speech.
Parts of the city had ____________ cuts because of the big fire from the restaurant.
Please ____________ your daughter’s name to this list.
You can’t do it well when you are too ____________ ____________ it.
??--- Mary’s got crazy and has been sent to the mental hospital. Did you tell her boss about that?
--- Yes, but I _____ her husband first.
A. should have told B. shouldn’t have told C. must have told D.
needn’t have told
??There was ______ time _____ Chinese used foreign oil.
A. a; when B. a; while C. /; when D. /; while
3?It was because of bad weather __________ the football match had to be put off.
A. so B. so that C. why D. that
4. ---Look! The telephone is broken. Someone damaged it ________ purpose. ---That may be right. But perhaps it was broken _________ accident.
A. on; by B. by; by C. on; on D. by; on
5. What great trouble we had ___________ where his house was.
A. in finding B. to find C. find D. found
6. Some students have trouble _____ grammar while others have difficulty______ new words.
A. in; remember B. for; to remember C. on; remembering D. with; remembering
7? I cannot spend ________ money on the car which is ________ expensive for me.
A. too much; much too B. far too; too much C. much too; too much D. too many; much too
8?catch the first bus, he got up very early this morning.
A. In order to B. In order that C. So as to D. So that 9. There are altogether 6 people in the room, the baby________.
A. include B. including C. included D. to include
10. The manager of the factory told us that very little ______ was made of the waste material in the past.
A. cost B. value C. use D. matter
11. There is no _____ swimming-pool in this school and the students often
go to swim _____.
A. indoors; outdoors B. indoor; outdoor C. indoor; outdoors D. indoor; indoors
12. It is the first time that I _______ this kind of moon cake.
A. enjoyed B. have enjoyed C. enjoy D. enjoying
13. When was it _____ your mother showed you around the West Lake ?
A. until B. If C. which D. that
14? In the reading room , we found her _____ at a desk, with her attention ____ on a book.
A. sitting; fixing B. to sit; fixed C. seating; fixing D. seated; fixed 15?I’m glad you’ve come; I am _______ telephoning you.
A. at the point of B. to the point of C. on the point of D. in the point of
Friends play an important part in our lives, and although we may take friendship for granted(take„for granted认为„„理所当然), we often
don’t clearly understand how to make friends. While we get on well with a number of people, we are usually friends with only a very few of them. For example, the average among students is about 6 per person. In all the cases of friendly relationships, two people like one another and enjoy being together, but beyond that, the degree of intimacy(亲密) between them
and the reasons for their shared interests vary(变化) greatly. As we get
to know people, we take into account(think about) things like age, race,
economic condition, social position, and intelligence. Although these factors(因素) are not of great importance, it is more difficult to get on with people when there is a marked(great) difference in age and background.
Some friendly relationships can be kept on argument and discussion, but it is usual for close friends to have similar ideas and beliefs, the same opinions and interests. They often talk about “being on the same
wavelength”. It generally takes time to reach this point. And the more intimately involved people become, the more they depend on one another. People who want to be friends have to learn to put up with(stand; bear)
annoying(bad) habits and to (accept) differences. stand
In contrast(比较) with marriage, there are no friendship ceremonies纪念日 to strengthen the association(friendship) between two people. But the supporting and understanding of each other that results from shared experiences and emotions does seem to create(make) a powerful bond(prize; reward), which can overcome differences in background, and break down barriers(障碍) of age, class or race.
?. According to the passage, ______.
A. friends are those who must share their interests
B. friends are closer than people who just get on with each other
C. all the people know how to make friends D. every student has six friends
?. We can learn from the passage that ______.
A. friendship can overcome all differences between two people
B. there are no special ceremonies to strengthen friendship
C. standing differences in opinion can lead to friendship
D. friendship can be strengthened by smiles and soft voices ?.. When people talk about “being on the same wavelength”, they mean
that they ______.
A. watch the same TV programs B. are the same in all ways
C. have the same background D. share the same way of thinking and the same interests
?. Which of the following is NOT implied暗示 in the passage?
A. Even friends may have different opinions. B. Friends never
argue with each other.
C. It generally takes time for people to become close friends.
D. Someone’s habits may annoy(upset) his friends.
1. Chairman Mao compared (比作) the t_____ to the rising sun in the
2. My mother bought a beautiful o______ for me on my birthday. 3. I told my decision to my father, but he d______ with it. 4. We usually s______ down what is important in class. 5. I j______ the Communist Party on December 3, 2005. II?完成句子
1? When are you going to get married and ________(定居下来)?
2? Ms King’legs were badly hurt and she ________(非常疼痛).
3. He ————————————?厌倦做?such work all day long.
4. As far as I know, she _________(与 相处得好)her new neighbour.
5. To our excitement?he has _____(康复)from his illness in such a short
I became lame(瘸的) in both legs in my childhood. I can’t stand 36 the support of two sticks. Only in my wheelchair can I “ 37 ”.
I still remember the first day at 38 . When I appeared at the
door, 39 in the classroom stared(凝视) at me in 40 . My face
turned 41 . I couldn’t help 42 back. It was the 43 and
sympathy(同情) in their eyes that 44 me doing so. I went shyly towards an unoccupied (空的) seat.
Being lame, I didn’t dare to 45 in front of my classmates. I was
at. In those days I was very sad to see others afraid that I might be 46
walking 47 .
One day, a few students came up to me and asked me to go outside.
I was really 48 . They encouraged me with a(n) 49 smile and 50 me
in my wheelchair from place to place. I was 51 to them for giving me a chance to see the 52 of our lovely school with my own eyes.
After that we often read, played and talked together. My friends are
always 53 to help me. It made me 54 I am handicapped(残疾的).
Once they asked me, “What is the most beautiful thing in our school ?” Without hesitation(犹豫) I said, “It is the 55 . ”
?6. A. with B. without C. under D. on ?7. A. walk B. run C. sit D. stand ?8. A. school B. wheelchair轮椅 C. home D.
?9. A. he B. she C. everyone D.
20. A. thought B. interest C. anger D.
21. A. red B. brown C. white D. black
22. A. entering B. hiding C. coming D. turning
23. A. feeling B. kindness C. sorrow D. pain
24. A. made B. prevented C. kept D. let
25. A. walk B. study C. practice D. speak 26. A. laughed B. smiled C. stared D. looked 27. A. quickly B. slowly C. happily D. shyly
28. A. brave B. sad C. hurt D. excited
29. A. honest B. friendly C. luckily D. handsome
30. A. pushed B. placed C. drew D. pulled 31. A. satisfied B. sorry C. loyal D. grateful
32. A. signs B. sights C. buildings D. students
ready B. smart C. wise D. unwilling 33. A.
34. A. forget B. remember C. imagine D. think 35. A. teachers B. schoolyard C. classmates D. friendship
1. It's seven thirty. I_________ go to school.
A. have got B. have got to
C. got to D. had got to 2. He came into the classroom_________.
A. very upset B. being upset
C. to upset D. to be upset 3. This is the first time that I_________ at the meeting.
A. had spoken B. have spoken
C. am D. was
4. His whole school education ________ only 2 years because of his illness.
A. added up B. added up in
C. added up to D. was added up 5. Are you _________ your classmates well?
A. getting along B. get along with
C. getting along with D. getting along with life in the country.
6. We are living a_____life.
A. still B. quiet C. calm D. silent 7. His backache is only _________ for not watering the flowers.
A. a reason B. a cause C. an excuse D. reasons 8. Our teachers made us ________a lot of homework after school.
B. to do B. doing C. do D. to have done 9. The shop _________ until 7 o’clock.
C. stays opened C. continues open
D. stays open D. continues opened 10. We ________in the neighborhood.
A. happened being B. happened be
C. happened to be D. are happened to be 11. I _________when I was a young girl.
E. A. kept a diary B. wrote a diary C. made diaries
D. kept diaries
12. I don't know_________.
F. how can I finish my homework on time
G. how I could finish my homework on time
H. I can how finish my homework on the time
I. how I can finish my homework on time
13. I want your_________, sir. I don’ t know what to do.
K. piece of advices
14. Will you _________ playing basketball?
N. join us in
O. join to
P. join us to
Q. to join us
15. --- Have you moved into the new house?
--- Not yet. The rooms __________.
A. are painting B. are being painted C. are painted
D. have painted
Until late in the 20th century, most Americans spent time with people of generations. Now mid-aged Americans may not keep in touch with old people until they are old themselves. That’s because we group people by age.
We put our three-year-olds together in day-care center, our 13-year-olds in school and sports activities, and our 80-year-olds in senior-citizen homes. Why?
We live away from the old for many reasons: young people sometimes avoid the old to get rid of fears for aging and dying. It is much harder to watch someone we love disappear before our eyes. Sometimes it’s so hard that we stay away from the people who need us most.
Fortunately, some of us have found our way to the old. And we have discovered that they often save the young.
A reporter moved her family onto a block filled with old people. At first her children were disappointed. But the reporter baked banana bread for the neighbors and had her children deliver it and visit them. Soon the children had many new friends, with whom they shared food, stories and projects. “My children have never been less lonely,” the reporter said.
The young, in turn, save the old. Once I was in a rest home when a visitor showed up with a baby. She was immediately surrounded. People who hadn’t gotten out of bed in a week suddenly were ringing for a wheelchair. Even those who had seemed asleep wake up to watch the child. Babies have an astonishing power to comfort and cure.
Grandparents are a special case. They give grandchildren a feeling of security and continuity. As my husband put it, “my grandparents gave me a deep sense that things would turn out right in the end.”
Grandchildren speak of attention they don’t get from worried parents. “My parents were always telling me to hurry up, and my grandparents told
me to slow down,” one friend said. A teacher told me she can tell which pupils have relationships with grandparents: they are quieter, calmer, more trusting.
1. Now in an American family, people can find that ____.
A. children never live with their parents
B. not all working people live with their parents
C. aged people are supported by their grandchildren
D. grandchildren are supported by their grandparents
2. The reason why old people are left alone may be that ____.
A. the old don’t like to live in a big family
B. the young can’t get enough money to support the old
C. different generations have different lifestyles
D. the old are too weak to live with the young
3. The fact that the reporter told us shows that ___.
A. old people in America lead a hard life B. old people in America enjoy banana bread
C. she had no time to take care of her children D. old people are easy to get along with
4. Seeing a baby, the old people get excited because ____.
A. they had never seen a baby before B. the baby was clever and beautiful
C. the baby brought them the image of life D. the baby’s mother would take care of them
When thinking about quitting(停止) smoking„
List all the reasons why you want to quit. Every night before going to bed, repeat one of the reasons 10 times.
Decide positively that you want to quit. Try to avoid negative thoughts about how difficult it might be. Develop strong personal reasons as well as your health and responsibility to others. For example, think of all the time you waste taking cigarette breaks, rushing out to buy a pack, hunting a light, etc. Set a date for quitting --- perhaps a special day like your birthday, a holiday. If you smoke heavily at work, quit during your vacation. Make the date holy seriously, and don't let anything change it. Begin to condition yourself physically; start a modest (适
当的) exercise; drink more water; get plenty of rest.
Immediately after quitting...
The first few days after you quit, spend as much free time as possible in places where smoking is prohibited, e.g. libraries, museums, theatres, department stores, etc.
Drink large quantities of water and fruit juice. Try to avoid wine, coffee, and other drinks which remind you of cigarette smoking.
Strike up a conversation with someone instead of a match for a cigarette.
If you miss the feeling of having a cigarette in your hand, play
with something else - a pencil, a pen, a ruler. If you miss having something in your mouth, try a fake (仿制的) cigarette.
5. According to the passage, which of the following statements is true?
A. Whenever you feel like a cigarette, try to forget it by sleeping.
B. Try to start a conversation before asking for a light.
C. If you miss the feeling of having a cigarette in your mouth, play with a pen.
D. Every night before going to bed, repeat all the reasons 10 times. 6. From the passage, we know smokers __________.
A. should drink a lot of coffee B. have to stop to smoke from time to time
C. should drink a lot of wine D. should not do any exercise
7. According to the passage, what does the underlined word “prohibited” mean?
A. forbidden (禁止) B. allowed C.
received D. welcomed
8. If the passage is in a newspaper, which section is it in?
A. Sports B. News C.
Health D. Culture
1. "I didn’t mean to hurt you," said my friend Mary.
?My friend Mary said ________________________________________.
2. Mom asked, "Will you stay at home alone this weekend?"
?Mom asked _______________________________________________.
3. My father asked, "What do you want to get as a present on your birthday?"
?My father asked ___________________________________________.
4. "What will we eat today?" he asked his mother.
?He asked his mother _______________________________________.
5. "I’m sure Robin can win the match tomorrow." Tom said to me.
?Tom said to me that ________________________________________.
1. My brother asked me why I was so worried about the exam.
?"_________"my brother asked me.
2. The stranger said that he had lived in that city for about three years.
?The stranger said, "____________"
3. The boss asked me whether I would ask for leave since I was not well.
?The boss asked, "_____________"
4. He asked me what was the matter with me.
?He asked, "__________________"
5. The little ant said that it could lift up the big stone.
?"____________"said the little ant.
1. I arrived at the railway station early in order to catch the train.
?I arrived at the railway station early ______ ______ I ______ catch the train.
2. Holding a cup of tea in his hand, Henry sat in his chair and was lost in thought.
?Henry sat in his chair and was lost in thought ______ a cup of tea
______ ______ ______.
3. It was not until he took off his sunglasses that I recognized (认
?I ______ _______ him _______ he took off his sunglasses.
4. Edward saw the injured bird by accident when he went to the garden
to pick up some vegetables.
?Edward ______ ______ ______ the injured bird when he went to the
garden to pick up some vegetables.
5. I’ve been invited to your home for dinner twice including this time.
?_______ _______ _______ ______ ______ ______ I’ve been invited
to your home for dinner.
1. I didn’t tell him I liked the bike or not when he gave it to me.
2. She said to her mother, "I’ve got two pictures here; which did you
think was more beautiful?"
3. I wondered that he was late for school every day.
4. The farmers asked when will he come to visit them again.
5. He said that he didn’t hear from his wife for about three months.
1. Tom asked Jack ______________ .
A. why he was so excited B. why was he so excited
C. why is he so excited D. why he is so excited 2. “Have you seen the film?” he asked me. ?He asked me _______.
A. had I seen the film B. have I seen the film
C. if I have seen the film D. whether I had seen the film 3. “Please close the window, ” he said to me.
?He ______ me _____ the window.
A. said to; to close B. told to; closing
C. asked ; to close D. said to; please close 4. “I am a teacher, ” Jack said. ?He said _________.
A. that I am a teacher B. I was a teacher
C. that he is a teacher D. he was a teacher 5. He said, “Mother, the boy is very naughty. ”
?He _____very naughty.
A. said his mother that the boy was B. said to his mother that the boy is