;BRADLEY ADVOCATE ALL-IN-ONE LAVATORY SYSTEMS Guide Specification
Bradley Corporation, the industry's leading manufacturer of premium quality commercial lavatories, presents The Advocate Lavatory System. The Advocate Lavatory System’s unique all-in-one design
allows users to access soap, water and hand dryer without leaving the hand washing station. The water supply, soap dispenser, and hand dryer are located above the bowl. GFI protection assures the safety of the hand dryer equipment. The Bradley Advocate Lavatory System is perfect for commercial lavatories, movie theaters, auditoriums, retail, travel plazas, airports and convenience shops. • Soap, water and hand dryer, unique all-in-one patent pending design
• Includes infrared, high speed, dual-sided hand dryer at each hand washing station
• Includes large capacity, top-fill, infrared soap dispenser, with low level indicator and overfill protection • Includes hygienic hands-free infrared, .38 gpm faucet
• ADA- and ANSI- compliant: Can be mounted at different heights to accommodate hand washing for range of users
Advocate lavatory decks and integral bowls are made from Terreon, Bradley's premium, high-density solid surface material; they are now also available in TerreonRE, a sustainable formulation of pre-consumer recycled polymers and bio-based resins resistant to chemicals, stains, burns and impact; surface damage can be easily repaired with everyday cleansers or fine grit abrasives
Architects, engineers, and specifiers look to Bradley Corporation for innovation in design and leadership in the development of environmentally conscious products. Bradley Corporation, a member of the U.S. Green Building Council, the Wisconsin Green Building Alliance, has several products earning certification by Greenguard Environmental Institute, and Greenguard Children and Schools program. Bradley eases the specifying process with a seasoned customer service staff and a range of helpful information tools on an advanced website. For example, easy-to-use sizing software, available on Bradley's website, allows engineers to quickly determine the correct size Thermostatic Mixing Valves. Bradley is the industry leader in the manufacture of premium quality commercial plumbing fixtures, valves, TMVs and washroom accessories that appear in the following CSI MasterFormat 2012? Sections:
?Section 10 21 13 – TOILET COMPARTMENTS (Mills Metal, Plastic-laminate, Phenolic, and Plastic units)
Section 10 28 13.13 – COMMERCIAL TOILET ACCESSORIES (Institutional and commercial accessories) Section 10 28 13.14 – COMMERCIAL TOILET ACCESSORIES – Diplomat Series
Section 10 28 13.19 – HEALTHCARE TOILET ACCESSORIES (Patient care accessories) ?Section 10 28 13.21 – WARM AIR DRYERS (Aerix hand dryers)
Section 10 28 13.63 – DETENTION TOILET ACCESSORIES
Section 10 28 16 – BATH ACCESSORIES (Hospitality and commercial bath accessories) ?Section 10 51 26 – PLASTIC LOCKERS (Lenox Plastic Lockers)
Section 22 11 19 – DOMESTIC WATER PIPING SPECIALTIES (Thermostatic mixing valves) ??Section 22 42 16.01 – COMMERCIAL LAVATORIES AND FAUCETS (Express and Frequency Single and
multi-station lavatories) ?Section 22 42 16.02 – COMMERCIAL LAVATORIES AND FAUCETS (Advocate lavatories)
Section 22 42 16.03 – COMMERCIAL LAVATORIES AND FAUCETS (Verge? lavatories)
Section 22 42 16.04 – COMMERCIAL LAVATORIES AND FAUCETS (OmniDecks? lavatories)
BRADLEY CORPORATION 22 42 16 COMMERCIAL LAVATORIES AND FAUCETS
Page 1 of 9
Section 22 42 16.11 – COMMERCIAL SINKS AND FAUCETS
Section 22 42 23 – COMMERCIAL SHOWERS AND SHOWER VALVES
Section 22 42 33 – WASHFOUNTAINS (Sentry?, BradMate?, and Classic washfountains)
Section 22 43 00 – HEALTHCARE PLUMBING FIXTURES (Patient care lavatory units)
Section 22 45 00 – EMERGENCY PLUMBING FIXTURES (Halo? Emergency eyewash fixtures and showers)
Section 22 46 00 – SECURITY PLUMBING FIXTURES
Contact Bradley Corporation, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051; Phone: 800-BRADLEY ((800)272-3539) Fax: (262)251-5817, or visit the Bradley web site www.bradleycorp.com. Bradley Corporation is an AIA/CES
registered provider currently offering five programs earning one (1) HS&W Learning Unit each; several qualify for sustainable design (SD) credit. All active AIA members must successfully complete 18 learning unit (LU) hours each year.
Advocate?, Veratherm?, Ndite?, and TouchTime? are trademarks of Bradley Corporation. ;Crescent and Terreon are registered trademarks of Bradley Corporation. SMGREENGUARD Certification Program is a service mark of GREENGUARD Environmental Institute. ?Copyright 2012 Bradley Corporation. All rights reserved.
BRADLEY CORPORATION 22 42 16 COMMERCIAL LAVATORIES AND FAUCETS
Page 2 of 9
SECTION 22 42 16
COMMERCIAL LAVATORIES AND FAUCETS
PART 1 - GENERAL
1.1 SECTION INCLUDES
1. Commercial lavatory units with integrated faucet, soap dispenser, and hand dryer
1.2 RELATED SECTIONS
Specifier: Delete any paragraphs below that do not apply to this project.
1. Division 22 Section "Domestic Water Piping Specialties" for thermostatic mixing valves.
2. Division 22 Section "Commercial Lavatories and Faucets" for single- and multiple- station
3. Division 22 Section "Commercial Lavatory Decks and Faucets" for single- and multiple-
station lavatory decks.
4. Division 22 Section "Healthcare Plumbing Fixtures" for healthcare lavatories.
5. Division 22 Section "Emergency Plumbing Fixtures" for emergency fixtures.
6. Division 22 Section "Security Plumbing Fixtures" for security lavatories. 1.3 REFERENCES:
A. American Society of Sanitary Engineering (ASSE):
1. ASSE 1070 – Water Temperature Limiting Devices.
B. American National Standards Institute (ANSI):
1. ANSI Z124.3 - Plastic Lavatories.
2. ANSI Z124.6 - Plastic Sinks.
3. ANSI/ICPA SS-1-2001 - Performance Standard for Solid Surface Materials. C. American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME):
1. ASME A112.18.1 - Plumbing Supply Fittings.
2. ASME A112.18.2 - Plumbing Waste Fittings.
3. ASME A112.18.3M - Performance Requirements for Backflow Protection Devices and
Systems in Plumbing Fixture Fittings.
D. ASTM International (ASTM):
1. ASTM E 84 - Standard Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building
2. ASTM D 570 - Standard Test Method for Water Absorption of Plastics.
3. ASTM D 638 - Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Plastics.
4. ASTM D 696 - Standard Test Method for Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion of
Plastics Between -30 degrees C and 30 degrees C With a Vitreous Silica Dilatometer. BRADLEY CORPORATION 22 42 16 COMMERCIAL LAVATORIES AND FAUCETS
Page 3 of 9
5. ASTM D 785 - Standard Test Method for Rockwell Hardness of Plastics and Electrical
E. Canadian Standards Association (CSA):
1. CSA B45 – Plastic Lavatories and Sinks.
2. CSA B125.1 - Plumbing Supply Fittings.
3. CSA B125.2 – Plumbing Waste Fittings.
GREENGUARD Environment Institute is an ANSI Authorized Standards Developer that oversees the GREENGUARD certification program. GEI establishes acceptable indoor air standards for indoor products,
environments, and buildings.
F. GREENGUARD Environmental Institute (GEI):
1. GREENGUARD certified low emitting products.
G. International Code Council (ICC):
1. ICC/ANSI A117.1 – Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities.
H. NSF International (NSF):
1. ANSI/NSF 61 - Drinking Water System Components - Health Effects (California AB1953
I. Public Law 102-486, Energy Policy Act, requires that public lavatories have flow rate or
consumption not greater than 0.5 gpm (1.5 L/min.) or 0.25 gal. (0.95 L) per metering cycle. J. State of Texas:
1. Texas Accessibility Standards (TAS).
K. Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.
1. UL 723 - Test For Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials.
2. UL 1951 - Electric Plumbing Accessories.
3. UL 507 – Electric Fans
L. United States Green Building Council (USGBC):
1. LEED Green Building Rating System (LEED).
M. US Federal Government:
1. Public Law 102-486 - Energy Policy Act. 1992.
2. U.S. Architectural & Transportation Barriers Compliance Board. Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA), Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities (ADAAG). 1.4 ACTION SUBMITTALS
A. Product Data: Manufacturer’s data sheets for each type of lavatory fixture. Include rough-in
requirements and power, signal, and control wiring diagrams