Unit2 the Olympic games
Reading: an interview
School: Hetu Middle School Teacher: Hornby Time: 2010.12.16 Teaching goals:
1. knowledge aim: get the students to know basic knowledge about the Olympic games. 2. ability aim: train the students’ reading and speaking ability
Teaching important points:
1. train the students’ reading ability—skimming, scanning and careful reading.
2. get the students to learn about the Olympics
Teaching difficult point:
develop the students’ reading and speaking ability.
Skimming. scanning and careful reading; individual, pair or group work; discussion. Teaching aids: multimedia
Step1: greeting and lead—in.
Enjoy a song.
Which number is concerned with the Olympic Games?
How much do you know about the Olympic Games? Test your knowledge with this quiz. Step4: while-reading
Listen to the tape
True or False exercises
1.Men and women were allowed to take part in the ancient Olympic Games. 2.The Winter Olympic Games are held every three years.
3.The 28th Olympic Games was held in Beijing.
4. A special village is built for competitors to live in. 5.To hold the Olympic is a rich prize and a big honor for a country. Activity3: careful reading
Ask the students to tell the difference between ancient and modern Olympics according to the reading passage.
Name The ancient Olympics The modern Olympics
Time every four years
Place in Greece
People men and women
Games only summer games
Prizes Olympic medals
Beliefs The same Olympic motto
What can we do for the Olympics if it is held in our hometown ?
1. Learn the new words and expressions by heart.
2. Find out sentences in the passive voice(被动语态).