Unit 1 Friendship
1.When learning English, it is quite important to develop the ability
2. Failing in the examination again ___________ (心烦意乱) her a lot.
3. Those who are in difficult s___________ usually work harder to get out of it. 4. As an e________ of the newspaper, I should be responsible for what is printed in it. 5. He was punished by the school because of his c____________ in the exam. 6. Many t__________ are so crazy about football that they get up to watch football games at midnight.
7. My English is very friendly to us. She often gives us some a_________ on learning English.
8. It’s quite n_________ for a person to refuse the offer of help from strangers.
9. What is the r_________ for your absence of yesterday’s meeting?
10. Dancing with the rich in the party, he had a f_________ of being laughed at. 11. I once studied some Japanese at college, but I’m afraid that I’ve _________forget
12. Don’t always stay indoors. You’d better go o_________ for fun.
13？We can’t do it best if we don’t ________(完全地)put our hearts into the thing we
14？All children like to play ________(在户外)instead of staying indoors when the
weather is fine.
15？Within a few days Mary had become seriously ill？ ________(遭受)great pain.
16？I am ________(感激的)to you for your timely help.
17？Our parents are always ________(关心)about our study and health all the time.
18. He i__________ the doctor’s advice and goes on smoking.
19. In the l______ soil there is a lot of air.
20. She doesn’t want to set down a s_______ of facts in a diary as most people do. 21？The mother tried to c________ down her crying baby.
22. He was u_____ at not being invited.
face to face list concern about go through share
reason suffer point habit add up
1. Every time he __________ the figures, he gets a different answer. 2. They are ___________ with a new problem which they must solve at once. 3. I am not in the ___________ of going to see a film in the day.
4. She ____________ all the things she had to buy.
5. What are the_____to look for when you are buying a new computer. 6. She just suddenly left without giving any_____________.
7. We _____________ the cost of the meal.
8. Mr. Zhang ____________ heavy loses in the accident.
9. She has _____________ an unhappy time recently.
10. She thinks only of herself, she never ______________ other people. 三.单项选择
1. Every evening after dinner, if not _________from work, I will spend some time walking my dog.
A. being tired B. tiring C. tired D. to be tired
2. It is often _________that human beings are naturally equipped to speak.
A. said B. to say C. saying D. being said
3. ---Wow! You’ ve _________ got so many clothes.
---But _________ of them are in fashion now.
A. all B. both C. neither D. none
4. It’s high time you had your hair cut; it’s getting_________.
A. too much long B. much too long C. long too much D. too long much 5. All of them try to use the power of the workstation _________information in amore effective way.
A. presenting B. presented C. being presented D. to present 6. ---Who should be responsible for the accident?
---The boss, not the workers. They just carried out the order _________. A. as told B. as are told C. as telling D. as they told 7. It was New Zealand _________Elizabeth first met Mr. Smith.
A. that B. how C. which D. when
8. ---I’m sorry. I _________ at you the other day.
---Forget it. It was a bit out of control myself.
A. shouldn’t shout B. shouldn’t have shouted C. mustn’t shout D. mustn’t
9. Emergency line operators must always _________calm and make sure that they get all the information they need to send help.
A. grow B. appear C. become D. stay
10. She devoted herself _________to her research and it earned her a good reputation
in her field.
A. strongly B. extremely C. entirely D. freely
11. Jenny hopes that Mr. Smith will suggest a good way to have her written English _________in a short period.
A. improved B. improving C. to improve D. improve 12. Hardly could he _________this amount of work in such a short time.
A. get through B. get off C. get into D. get down
13. _________ He didn’t make clear when and where the meeting would be held.
A. this B. that C. it D. these
14. ---I was riding along the street _________ a car cut in and knocked me down.
---You can never be _________careful in the street.
A when, enough B. while, so C. when, too D. while, very 15. ---Measures must be taken to stop fa ctories from wasting energy in course of
---_________. The energy is becoming scarce day by day.
A. All right B. Exactly C. Go ahead D. Well done
1. --- Will you go to the new movie, Lord of the Rings?
--- ______. It is believed that it is well worth seeing.
A. I don’t agree B. I’m afraid so C. I guess so D. I will
2. --- How did the accident happen?
--- I was walking along the sideway. A car gave off _______ light. I can’t see the
A. far too much B. far much too C. much too far D. too far much 3. --- What’s the matter with you?
--- _______ the window, my finger was cut unexpectedly.
A. Cleaning B. To clean C. While cleaning D. While I was cleaning 4. --- Mary’s got crazy and has been sent to the mental hospital. Did you tell her
boss about that?
--- Yes, but I _____ her husband first.
A. should have told B. shouldn’t have told
C. must have told D. needn’t have told
5. Do you know the trouble I have _____ the work?
A. to do B. doing C. do D. done
6. The old woman sat in the chair, ______ tears still on her cheeks.
A. as B. without C. for D. with
7. It was the third time that she ______ to this mountain village to see the
A. had come B. has come C. came D. would come
8. Scientists say it may be five or six years ___it is possible to test the medicine on
A. while B. after C. before D. when
9. I was so excited as to ________ for the whole night.
A. hold awake B. stay awake C. hold wake D. stay wake 10. Nowadays, many boys and girls grow ________ the pop stars and ______ their
A. crazy about; follow B. crazy for; take
C. crazy about; learn D. crazy for; follow
11. In China, those who want to enter universities have to ______ the entrance
exams in June.
A. check through B. work through C. look through D. go through 12. _______ miss the train, he got up very early this morning.
A. In order to not B. So as to not C. In order not to D. So as not to 13. Rose went closer to make herself ______ the speaker more clearly.
A. hearing B. heard C. to hear D. hear
14. There was ______ time _____ Chinese used foreign oil.
A. a; when B. a; while C. /; when D. /; while
15. How much does that ?
A. add B. add up C. add to D. add up to 16. You come to his office. Our boss won’t be back until next week.
A. haven’t to B. won’t have got to
C. haven’t got to D. don’t have got to
17. He came here to discuss it with you.
A. on purpose B. by chance C. for purpose D. on design 18. In England Englishmen speak English, in_______, _______ speak ________.
A. Germany; Germans; German B. Germany; Germen; German
C. German; Germen; German D. German; Germans; Germany 19. Betty and Louis _______ with each other at first sight and they ________ in love
for five years ever since.
A. fell in love; have been B. fell in love; have fallen
C. were in love; have been D. were in love; have fallen 20. He was told that it would be at least three more months ________he could recover
and return to work.
A？when B？before C？since D？that
一、 1. communication 2. upset 3. situation 4. editor 5. cheating
6. teenagers 7. advice 8. natural 9. reason 10. feeling 11.entirely 12.outdoors
二、 1. adds up 2. face to face 3. habit 4. listed 5. points 6. reason 7. shared 8. suffer 9. gone through 10. concerns herself about \ with
三、1？Make an effort to do sth. 2. according to 3. be crazy about
4. on holiday 5. be concerned about 6. calm down
7. get on \ along well \ badly with…. 8. have trouble with 9. go
10. on purpose
四 答案36-40 C D B A B
41-45 D B B A D 46-50 C B A C B
阅读 56~60 DDCDB