Upgrading from NotifyLink 4.6.0 or earlier on a BlackBerry Storm Upgrading from NotifyLink 4.6.0 (or older) to a later version on a BlackBerry Storm device, will not unlock the Storm compatibility that enables the application to take advantage of the device’s tilt screen
and touch screen functionality. To unlock this functionality, users may wish to perform one of the following procedures.
Note: If you are upgrading from NotifyLink 4.6.1 to version 4.6.2 on the Storm, these
procedures are NOT necessary.
Please attempt Alternative #1 first as it may enable the functionality without having to hard reset the
device (which will result in a loss of the existing data on the device).
Alternative #1: Adjust the BlackBerry’s Native “Compatibility Mode” Setting
Perform this step after you have installed the NotifyLink upgrade on the Storm.
1. From the Storm’s Home screen select Options > Advanced Options > Applications.
2. Highlight the NotifyLink Client.
3. Press the menu button and select Disable Compatibility Mode.
4. Return to the device’s Home screen and reboot the device (remove the battery and replace
after 10 seconds).
5. If Alternative #1 does not unlock the functionality, proceed to Alternative #2.
Alternative #2: Remove All Application Data From the Device
This procedure will remove any prior version of NotifyLink and use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to erase all application data.
Please be advised that this procedure will hard reset the device and will result in the loss of all existing data (mail/PIM) on the device.
1. Connect the device to a computer with Desktop Manager installed.
2. Select Application Loader.
3. Select Add/Remove Applications. Click Start.
4. Select the Settings button from the application screen.
5. On the pop-up window, select the option Delete all Application Data, then select OK.
Please note that this will also remove all of the mail/PIM data on your device. .
6. Click Next and follow the prompts until the updates are complete.
7. If the device does not reboot automatically, reboot it manually (remove the battery and replace
after 10 seconds).
8. Proceed with the installation of NotifyLink for BlackBerry versions 4.6.1 or 4.6.2.