Unit 6 At a Farm
Background of English teaching in primary school: It is not a long history that English is as a subject in primary school in our country and the main instructional aims of teaching English in primary school is to cultivate pupils’ basic abilities of their
listening and speaking and their good sense of the English language. Our boys and girls are exposed to English for the first time, so it is very important to develop their keen interest in English.
Today I’m going to talk about PartA of Unit 6PEP Primary English, Book 4. This lesson includes two parts: Let’s learn and let’s do.In the part of Let’s learn, it requires Ss to master the words: horses, sheep, goats, cows, lambs, hens, and the pattern “What are they? The are…”. The Ss have learned many animals. They are still very interested in the animals. So they will be very interested in thenew lesson. II. Teaching aims
1. Aims on the knowledge
At the part of knowledge aims, it requires Ss to master thewords: horses, sheep, goats, cows, lambs, hens and the usage of the plural forms of the animals and to use the structure What are they? They are…freely in the situation.
2. Aims on the abilities
(1) To develop Ss’ abilities of listening and speaking,and to use “What are they? They
are…”In the situation..
(2) To train the Ss’ ability of working in groups.
(3) To foster Ss’ abilities of communication and their innovation.
3. Aims on the emotion
(1)To foster Ss’ consciousness of good co-operation and proper competition.
(2) Help them establish good study habit, and to train the Ss’ sense of loving animals and loving life.
III. Key-points of this lesson
(1) To enable Ss to master words:horses, sheep, goats, cows, lambs, hens, and to grasp What are they? They are…in the real situation.
(2) To enable Ss to study in groups and co-operate skillfully.
(3) To develop Ss’ interest in English.
IV. Difficult points
(1) To help the Ss ask and answer the question“What are they? They are…”In the
situation and make sure they can use the plural nouns correctly.
V. Teaching methods
As we all know: the main instructional aims of learning English in primary school is to cultivate pupils’ basic abilities of listening and speaking and their good sense of the English language. So in this lesson I mainly used the situation teaching methods and the task-based learning methods. I take the Ss to the Old Macdonal’s farm. I
present the tasks with the help of the multi-media. In order to help Ss finish the tasks
effectively. I design activities such as guessing games, moving games. I also arrange
pair work for Ss to practise English I will have group competition and individual
competition. I’ll praise Ss from time to time. I’ll give Ss a star, When they have a
chance to speak English. It’s necessary to keep Ss’ interest.
VI. Teaching procedures and purposes of my designing.
I’ll finish this lesson in five steps.
Step 1. Warm-up
Let`s sing : “Old Macdonald”
Step 2. Preview
Listen to the voice and guess what animal it is.
Step 3. Presentation
1. Present the new words and the plural forms.
2. Play a guessing game. A riddle.
Divide the whole class into four groups to have a competition.
Play a moving game.
3. Present the key structure
“What are they?”
“They are goats.”
4. Do pair work
5. Let`s act
What are they?
They are … .
Step 4 . Consolidation
1. Let`s do
2. Draw your farm on page76
Introduce your “farm”to your parter.
eg: “look! This is my farm. I have… .”
Step 5 . Home work
1. Activity book
2. Listen ,read and write