Harvard Art Museum Undergraduate Connection Constitution
Article I. Name
The name of the organization shall be the Harvard Art Museum Undergraduate Connection
Article II. Purpose
The Harvard Art Museum Undergraduate Connection is committed to undergraduate knowledge, appreciation, and use of the Harvard Art Museum. The group will seek to promote greater awareness and understanding of the museums by appropriate means such as three “Night” events at the museums, and establishing a Student Docent Program.
Article III. Membership
1. Membership in this organization shall be open to all students in good standing
currently enrolled in Harvard College, regardless of race, creed, color, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, or physical disability.
2. Membership shall be retained until the student severs relations with the University
whether by graduation or otherwise. Membership will be retained during the
vacations and recesses of the University.
Article IV. Officers
1. The officers of the group shall consist of a President, Vice President, Treasurer and
Secretary, and other officers as may be designated by the group.
2. All officers shall be registered undergraduates in Harvard College.
3. The President shall be the chief executive officer of the group and shall have general
supervision and control of its activities and programs.
4. The Vice-president shall assist the President and assume his or her duties when the
President is unable to serve.
5. The Treasurer shall have general charge of the financial affairs of the group. He or
she shall keep accurate records of these affairs.
6. The Secretary shall keep a record of all meetings of the group and of all activities and
programs. He or she will handle all formal correspondence between members and
officers of the group.
Article V. Elections
1. Officers will be elected in an election meeting in February. All officer positions last
for the duration of the officer’s status as a university student, unless a resignation is
submitted to the president. The term of office shall start on the first day of April.
after winter recess and shall terminate on the last day of the fall exam period)
Article VI. Meetings
1. Meetings of the group shall be held on a regular basis for the purpose of determining
policy, activities, programs, and other business. Special meetings of the group may be
called by the President, the Secretary, or any five members of the group.
2. A simple majority of the group shall constitute a quorum.
3. The President shall chair all meetings. In the President’s absence, the Vice President
4. Notice of regular and special meetings shall be communicated to all members of the
group by an officer.
Article VII. Amendments
1. This constitution may be amended by a two-thirds majority vote.
2. Any three members of the group may propose an amendment. Proposals shall be
filed in writing wit the Secretary prior to a meeting, so that the group may debate the
proposal. Amendments may be voted on at regular or special meetings.