Dance Educators Training Institute
ClancyWorks Dance Company and
Baltimore County Public Schools’ Office of Dance
Hosted by: Towson University Department of Dance
August 1-5, 2011
Join us this summer for a week of workshops that will help us to get ready for the 2011-
2012 year by re-energizing our dance interests!
The Institute will take place August 1-5, 2011 from 10 am to 5:30 pm each day, and will be held at:
Towson University Department of Dance
Center for the Arts, 8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252
Sessions are open to the public, with a particular interest to serve choreographers and performers to highly experienced
dance educators as well as teaching artists who are just beginning to work in the field of dance education. Administrators and participants from various arts and educational disciplines are invited and encouraged to attend the
Fee for the workshop is $250. Work-study positions are available. Tuition will be waived for Baltimore County Public School teachers, ClancyWorks' Teaching Artists, and Towson University Dance Artist Scholars.
For information on how to become a ClancyWorks Teaching Artist email:
info@ClancyWorks.org or call: 301-717-9271
City: ____________________ State:_____ Zip:__________
Telephone: _________________E-mail: ________________
T-shirt Size (adult sizes S-XXL): _________
Please submit this registration form, and a non-refundable deposit of $100 (unless you are a BCPS teacher or affiliated
with ClancyWorks) to guarantee a space in the workshop. Upon receipt of your registration materials, ClancyWorks will send you a confirmation and orientation materials.
Amount Enclosed: $_________ or list ClancyWorks, TU, or BCPS affiliation______________________ Please also fill in the questionnaire below indicating previous dance and teaching experience.
Please make checks payable to ClancyWorks, Inc. Please mail to:
ClancyWorks Dance Company
PO Box 3111, Silver Spring, MD 20918
Dance Educators Training Institute 2011
Please complete and return with your registration materials. Your answers will help the workshop facilitators guide their presentations. Thank you for taking the time to complete this form with detailed responses.
1. What dance genres do you currently teach? Please check all that apply.
o Others (please list) ________________________________
o I do not teach dance classes currently
2. What do you hope to gain from the Institute? What do you anticipate learning?
3. What do you hope to learn or experience through the daily technique classes that are offered at the Institute this year?
4. Do you choreograph dances or perform? If so, where do you get inspiration to choreograph dances? What choreographic tools to you utilize most often?
5. Have you taken any health, somatics, exercise science, or nutrition classes before? What do you want to learn at DETI about creating a healthy dancer?
6. What dance resources or textbooks, if any, do you use in the classroom? What type of resources would you like to become more familiar with?
7. Do you use arts integration methodologies in your classroom? What specifically, might be helpful for you to focus on with arts integration at DETI?