Who says nothing in
life is free?
Throughout Virginia, well-trained,
professional tax volunteers are eager to help
you prepare and file your personal income
taxes for FREE.
Qualifications for free tax preparation
services vary depending upon family size
and filing status. The tax filer’s income may
be no more than $40,000. To determine if
you and your family qualify, contact your
local office at the number located at the
bottom of this flyer.
Why pay expensive tax preparation or rapid
refund fees? Federally-trained, volunteer tax
professionals can prepare and file your taxes
at no cost to you.
To help you keep 100% of the refund,
New River Community Action
is offering free tax preparation
services from February 2nd through April 15,
– Don't miss out!
In addition to the free tax preparation services, volunteers will determine if you qualify for the federally funded Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). The EITC is a refundable tax credit for low to-moderate income individuals and families with earned income. The EITC refund is based on family size and income and could provide your household with a maximum tax refund of up to $4,850!
Call now to locate free tax preparation help nearest you and Va Tech employees are especially to learn more about the Earned Income Tax Credit: welcome. Please see reverse side
CASH C A M P A I G N CREATING ASSETS, SAVINGS AND HOPE
See other side for what you need to bring to your tax preparation appointment.
FREE Tax Preparation sites are available on
Tuesdays March 24 through April 14 2009
PLEASE CALL Richard at 633-5133 ext 19 FOR AN APPOINTMENT
YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO YOUR INCOME TAX PREPARATION APPOINTMENT:
1. PHOTO ID,
2. SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS FOR YOU, YOUR SPOUSE AND DEPENDENTS and/or a Social Security Number verification letter FROM the Social Security Administration,
3. BIRTH DATES FOR YOU, YOUR SPOUSE AND DEPENDENTS ON THE TAX RETURN,
4. CURRENT YEAR’S TAX PACKAGE if you received one,
5. WAGE AND EARNING STATEMENT(S) - Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers,
6. INTEREST & DIVIDEND STATEMENTS from banks - Forms 1099,
7. COPY OF LAST YEAR’S FEDERAL AND STATE RETURNS, if available,
8. BANK ROUTING NUMBERS AND ACCOUNT NUMBERS FOR DIRECT DEPOSIT, (Savings or Checking accounts)
9. TOTAL PAYMENTS FOR DAY CARE PROVIDER AND THE DAY CARE PROVIDER’S TAX
IDENTIFYING NUMBER (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number).
***TO FILE TAXES ELECTRONICALLY ON A MARRIED FILING JOINT TAX RETURN, BOTH SPOUSES MUST BE PRESENT TO SIGN THE REQUIRED FORMS.*****