DOC

aerialbeach01 Aerial view of main beach, from Tercentenary booklet

By Brandon Flores,2014-05-03 22:56
10 views 0
aerialbeach01 Aerial view of main beach, from Tercentenary booklet

**aerial/beach01: Aerial view of main beach, from Tercentenary booklet.

    bandstnd/early01: View from Casino (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

**bchbusn/carnival01: Interior of Dance Carnival (LML)

**bchbusn/palmer01: Palmer’s Restaurant (John Holman)

    bchhotel/elmdal01: The Elmdale when it was on N Street, date unknown. Possibly B Street, as that is what the Exeter/Hampton directory has as an old address for the Elmdale. Hellberg says that it was N Street, which is what he remembers his Mom telling him.(Courtesy Ben Hellberg 926-2507)

    bchhotel/elmdal02: The Elmdale at 6 G St., date unknown. (Courtesy Ben Hellberg) Elmdale was formerly "The Woods" owned by Frank L. Woods, who is listed in the 1921 directory at that location on G St. Hellberg says building dates from about 1898 and was built by a doctor as a residence. Johnsons got it after he died, which was 8/24/1935. Notice of his death is in Hampton Union on 8/29/35, p.1. He was murdered by a lodger. Followup article in following week's paper.

    bchhotel/elmdal03: The Elmdale at 6 G St., date unknown. (Courtesy Ben Hellberg)

    bchhotel/elmdal04: Rear view of the Elmdale at 6 G St., date unknown. (Courtesy Ben Hellberg)

    bchhotel/elmdal05: The Elmdale at 6 G St., date unknown, looking towards Ocean Blvd. The two buildings beyond the Elmdale were removed when the Tides was built just after WWII. (Courtesy Ben Hellberg)

    bchhotel/hilpur01: Puritan and the Hillcrest (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    bchhotel/willow01: The Willows (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

**bchhotel/willow01: The Willows. (LML)

**bchhouse/nudd01: Nudd Homestead, from Tercentenary booklet.

    bchhouse/parkhill: Park Hill cottage, Hampton Beach, date unknown (Courtesy Ben Hellberg)

**bchmisc/boundrock1: Bound Rock, from Tercentenary booklet.

    **bchmisc/boyscouts1: Boy Scout encampment at State Park bathhouse, from Tercentenary booklet.

    **bchmisc/lady01: Full color photo of Marine Memorial taken by Virginia Taylor in 1998.

**bchmisc/lobster1: Lobster trap, from Tercentenary booklet.

    bchmisc/playgr01: Kid’s Playground at night. “1944” pencilled on back of postcard. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

bchmisc/playgr02: Kid’s Playground, postmarked 1942. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **bchmisc/playgr03: Kids on merry-go-round like playset at White Memorial Playground, from Tercentenary Booklet.

    **bchmisc/playgr04: Color postcard view of the strip and the old playground, ca 1940s. (John Holman)

    **bchmisc/playgr05: Color postcard view of present playground, sometime after 1954. Tides Hotel in background. (John Holman)

    bchmisc/tenting: (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    bchroads/bridge01: Hampton River Bridge (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    bchroads/bridge02: Hampton River Bridge (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    bchroads/bridge03: Hampton River Bridge (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    bchroads/casino01: Long view north showing opera house/casino on one side and bandstand on the other. No date, but early. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    bchroads/cutler01: View of Cutler's and buildings to the north (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    bchroads/road001: View south from Ross's, which was in the Church St. area. Can see to Jenkins Cafe and where Ashworth would later be. (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

**bchroads/road002: View of stretch between Church St. area and Boar’s Head, very early, thcourtesy John Holman. Also same view as in 325 anniversary booklet, but Holman’s is a better thexample of it. 325 booklet says it is taken in 1895.

    bchroads/strip01: View of beachfront businesses from Jenkins Cafe south a few blocks. No date. Badly water damaged at right side of photo. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

**bchscene/beauty1: Bathing Beauty from Tercentenary booklet.

    bchscene/scene001: (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    bchscene/scene002: (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    bchscene/scene003: Long view of beach and boardwalk from just south of comfort station looking north. Includes some of the kid’s playground, with view to Boar’s Head. Postmarked 1949 (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **bchscene/scene004: Dressed up tourists in front of the casino during Carnival Week, c.1915. From my book.

    **bchscene/scene005: Main beach with Boar’s Head in background, from Tercentenary booklet, 1938.

    bchscene/seawal01: Seawall, possibly opposite casino area. Is that the Pentucket in distance? Date unknown, although others he had were dated ca. 1940s. (Courtesy Ben Hellberg)

    **bchscene/yegods: "Ye Gods!" picture from Tercentenary booklet. (Woman in funny hat).

    boarshd/boars001: (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    boarshd/boars002: (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **boarshd/boars003: View including basement house of "Joe" Leavitt and Leavitt Hotel, from Tercentenary booklet.

**boarshd/erosion1-8: Eight photos from pamphlet “The Erosion of Great Boar’s Head”

    boarshd/leavit01: View of Leavitt's and Boar's Head (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

     th**boarshd/poster01: Boar’s Head Hotel poster, from 325 anniversary booklet

    **casino/bball01: (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **casino/bball02: Black and white view of game, card postmarked 1911 or 1914. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **casino/casino01: Wide view with bridge between Casino and Ocean House (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **casino/casino02: View of entire Casino looking south, also has a streetcar in the picture. Undated (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **casino/casino03: Cars lined up in front of casino. No date. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **casino/casino04: View of Casino and Ocean House from the beach. Undated. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **casino/casino05: Aerial view of Casino complex, a more modern view postmarked in 1957. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **casino/casino06: More modern view of the front of the Casino, perhaps ca. 1950s. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **casino/casino07: Night view of casino complex, postmarked 1975. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **casino/casino08: Night view of casino complex, undated but perhaps 50s or 60s. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

**casino/casino09: Children’s parade in front of the Casino with good view of bandstand and

    seats. Badly colorized. Undated. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

**casino/casino10: Very early view of just the Casino before the Ocean House was added in

    1900. (From ehascene booklet)

    **casino/opera01: Early view from the beach looking at bandstand and opera house and the area just south of Opera House. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    celebrations/founders1: Founder’s Day Celebration 1925, Parade from park to church (Courtesy John Holman)

celebrations/founders2: Founder’s Day Celebration 1925, Founder’s Park itself (Courtesy John

    Holman)

    celebrations/founders3: Founder’s Day Celebration 1925, Float representing church service (Courtesy John Holman)

     stcelebrations/founders4: Founder’s Day Celebration 1925, Pulpit from 1 meeting house in

    Hampton (Courtesy John Holman)

    celebrations/founders5: Founder’s Day Celebration 1925, “First means of transportation” (Courtesy John Holman)

    celebrations/founders6: Founder’s Day Celebration 1925, Parade from park to church (Courtesy John Holman)

    celebrations/founders7: Founder’s Day Celebration 1925, Goody Cole stirring her brew (Courtesy John Holman)

    celebrations/founders8: Founder’s Day Celebration 1925, Rev. Ira S. Jones (Courtesy John Holman)

celebrations/founders9: Founder’s Day Celebration 1925, Log Cabin meeting house replica

    (Courtesy John Holman)

**churches/advent01: Advent Church, from Tercentenary booklet.

**churches/bapt01: Baptist Church, from Tercentenary booklet.

    **churches/beach01: Community Church at the Beach, from Tercentenary booklet.

    churches/cong01: (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

**churches/cong02: Congregational Church from Tercentenary Program

**churches/cong03: Sketch of the church from 1960 Old Home Day booklet

    churches/meth01: Methodist Church and view north up Route One (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

**churches/meth02: Methodist Church, from Tercentenary booklet.

**churches/patrick01: St. Patrick’s Church, from Tercentenary booklet.

    **coastgrd/boat01: Coast Guard station lifeboat carrying crew and passengers, prob. early 1900s. (Courtesy John Genthner and Art Moody)

    **fire/1915_01.jpg: Badly colorized view of several buildings in flames, looks north to Ashworth. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins) (Also used in Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984 special fire issue)

    fire/1915_02.jpg: Colorized view of remains of Ashworth looking north to St. Patrick’s.(Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    fire/1915_03.jpg: Colorized view of the cottages where the fire started (at least according to the label on the postcard) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **fire/1915_04: Newspaper scan from Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984. Looking south along Boulevard.

    **fire/1915_05: Newspaper scan from Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984. Remains of a single building, unidentified in newspaper.

    **fire/1915_06: Newspaper scan from Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984. Looking from Ashworth Ave. area towards ocean, with a pup tent in picture.

    **fire/1921_01: Newspaper scan from Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984. Looking across to St. Patrick’s.

    **fire/1950_01: Four photos from 1950 fire. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

**fire/ambulance01: This ambulance was rented by the town before delivery of Hampton’s first

    ambulance. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

**fire/boars1: Fire on Great Boar’s Head, 1964 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/brown1: Chief Alexander H. Brown, 1916-1923 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

**fire/captainds: Captain D’s Oyster House blaze, 1978 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/coastguard1: Controlled burn of Coast Guard Station, 1973 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/coggerbarn: Cogger barn fire in 1957 off Exeter Road (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/dept01: Old (say 1930s or 1940s?) photo of officers and trucks in front of beach fire station. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/dept02: Personnel and trucks of the 1928 department in front of beach fire station (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/dept03: Trucks and personnel in the 1930s in front of station. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/dept04: Display of trucks in 1969 in front of beach station. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/dept05: 1983 trucks lined up in front of beach station. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/drakeside: An old farmhouse on Drakeside Road engulfed in flames, 1964. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/estreet: 1969 building collapse on E Street (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/fitz1: Chief Robert W. Fitz, 1974-1976 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/foleys1: Feb 15, 1944 fire at Foleys Restaurant in Cogger Block area. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/george1: Chief Perley R. George, 1958-1967 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

**fire/giovannis: Giovanni’s Restaurant fire, 1975. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

**fire/hall01: Town Hall after the 1949 fire (LML)

**fire/hall02: Town Hall fire (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

**fire/kuncho1: Chief Kuncho (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/lamott1: Chief George Lamott, 1937-1958 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/long1: Chief Paul A. Long, 1967-1974 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/matheson1: Chief Donald R. Matheson, 1980-1982 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/merrill: Merrill Lumber company fire, (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

     (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/oldenglish: Olde English Village Apts. fire, 1975 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/sanders: Sanders & McDermott building at 408 Lafayette Road on fire, 1970: (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/spindrift: Spindrift Motel fire, 1981 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/station01: Hampton Beach fire station lit up during Christmas season, undated, but probably ca. 1983. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/stickney1: Chief Howard W. Stickney, 1976-1980 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    fire/tides1.jpg: Tides Hotel after Oct 1974 fire. (Courtesy Ben Hellberg)

    **fire/tides2.jpg: Fire at Tides Hotel, Oct 1974 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

**fire/truck01: Winnicunnet #1 restored “Hand Tub” truck (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/truck02: Old hook and ladder horse-drawn wagon, 1910 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/truck03: 1908 hand reel trailer (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

**fire/truck04: Hampton’s original light wagon, 1924 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/truck05: Ariens Fox 1923, 750 gallon pump and ladder combination (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/truck06: Original Hampton water tower, built in 1932 by members of the fire dept. Looks like a trailer, not a water tower. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/truck07: 1916 Keissiel combination chemical and hose truck (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

**fire/truck08: Second ladder truck owned by Hampton 1925 white ladder truck. (From Atlantic

    News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/truck09: Original Engine #4, a 1930 250 GPM Barton pump. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/truck10: Original engine #2, 1924 Reo 350 gallon pumper. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/truck11: Original engine #3, 1937 Mack 500 gallon pumper. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

**fire/truck12: third ladder truck Hampton ever had, Ladder #1, 1941 Mack city service type

    (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/truck13: Second engine #2, a 1941 Seagraves 500 gallon pumper. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/truck14: fourth ladder truck, a 1959 Ford still in service in 1983. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/truck15: Second Engine #4, a 1948 Mack 500 gallon pumper still in service in 1983. (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

    **fire/whiting1: Chief Homer B. Whiting, 1923-1937 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984) (From sAtlantic News, Jan 10, 1984)

     th**fishhous/mace01: 1898 view from north of all fish houses, including Mace House, from 325

    anniversary booklet.

    **govt/court01: Courthouse building in 1984 (From Atlantic News, Jan 10, 1984. Special issue on fire department, scanned from newspaper.)

    **govt/court02: Courthouse building (from John Holman) no date but fairly recent

    govt/hall01: Town Hall (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

**govt/hall02: Town Hall, from Tercentenary booklet

**govt/hall03: Legion Hall and Town Hall (LML)

**govt/library01: Library, from Tercentenary booklet

    **govt/postoffice1: Post Office in the Merrill Block. Wesley Cole is standing in the doorway of the post office. Next door was the Batchelder Meat Market, then E. G. Cole's groceries. (LML)

**hfalls/weare: Governor Weare House, from Tercentenary booklet.

    marsh/hay01: (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

marsh/hay02: Haycock (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

marsh/hay03: Haycocks, postmarked 1925 (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    marsh/hay04: Marsh scene with haycocks in distance, postmarked 1917. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

marsh/hay05: Hay stacks (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

**marsh/hay06: Man in boat in front of hay stacks. (LML)

marsh/hay07: Haystacks, postmarked 1910. (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **marsh/1963: Salt Marsh Conservation Park, from 1963 anniversary booklet.

**marsh/hay08: Haystacks, from Tercentenary booklet.

**marsh/landing1: Old Landing, from Tercentenary booklet.

**marsh/landing2: Old Landing, from 1962 Old Home Day booklet

**milebrdg/grandopen1: Grand opening of the mile bridge (LML)

    **milebrdg/underwood1: Construction of the Underwood bridge, taken from a newspaper. (LML)

    **nohamptn/garrison1: Garrison House, corner of Post and Exeter roads in North Hampton, from the Tercentenary booklet.

     th**parks/boulder01: Bachiler stone and tablet in Founder’s Park, from 325 anniversary booklet.

    **parks/boulder02: Closeup of plaque on Bachiler stone in Founder’s Park. (Courtesy John Holman)

    **parks/boulder03: Photo of Bachiler stone with sign about its being moved by Batchelder and Perkins Contractors. Resting on its home in Founder’s Park with view to back of park all the way to the marsh. (LML)

     th**parks/founders: Seabrook stone and family stone from 325 anniversary booklet, 1963.

**parks/founder1: Color photo taken by Bill Teschek in 1998 of family stones in Founder’s Park.

    **parks/replica01: Replica of first meeting house on Meeting House Green, from tercentenary booklet.

**parks/tilton: Color photo taken by Bill Teschek in 1998 of Tilton stone in Founder’s Park.

    **parks/tuckaddition: Sketch of the addition added to the Tuck Museum in 1962. From the 1962 Old Home Day booklet

    **parks/unveiling: Horace and Elsie Batchelder unveiling the Bachiler monument. (LML)

**people/cfadams: Charles Francis Adams (LML)

    people/cummings: Trolley book author O.R. Cummings at a book signing at Tuck Museum in 1970s (Courtesy John Holman)

**people/edmdtuck: Edmund Tuck, from 1938 Tercentenary booklet.

**people/goody: Line drawing of Good Cole from James W. Tucker’s “The Witch of Hampton”.

    **people/hillband: THE CHUCK HILL BAND, 1950: Front, left to right: Chuck Hill, Joe Sweeney, Merrow Bodge, Willis Trainer, Sakelaris; Rear: Henry (Ed) Dumaine, Arthur (Ziggie) Sargent, Alexander Milligan and Robert Barrett (LML)

    **people/horacehobbs: Horace and Elizabeth Hobbs on the occasion of their 50th wedding anniversary on 3 July 1917. (From “Genealogy of the Descendants of Horace Hobbs and Elizabeth Ray” by Helen Davis Hobbs, [unpublished manuscript, 1982].

    **people/josephdow: Picture of historian Joseph Dow taken from History of Hampton by Joseph Dow.

    people/johnson1: L-R, Amanda and her daughter Lillian C. Johnson, owners of the Elmdale on 6 G Street. (Courtesy Ben Hellberg) They aren't listed in the 1930 directory, but in the 1938 directory they are both there, home address of 5 Viking Terr. in Worcester. Owned "Elmdale" at 23 B St., two down from Belle Villa (19 B St.) on the same side. 1938 directory lists it as owned by George H. Connor of 2 Magoun Ave. in Medford. By 1941 directory Lillian Johnson (but not Amanda, is she dead?) and Elmdale are at G St.

    people/johnson2: L-R Ruth (Johnson) Fagerquist (if married when picture was taken), Amanda Johnson (seated) and Lillian Johnson, owners of Elmdale at 6 G St. (Courtesy Ben Hellberg) They used to own a restaurant in Worcester in the early 1930s (a teahouse actually) on Elm St. was called the Elm Teahouse so they carried the name up here with them.

    **people/lifegard: Hampton lifeguards, August 1949. Front row, left to right: Fred Polcari, Ernie Rainey, Joe Preston. Back: Don Connors, Bill Gilligan, Sam Hoyt, Henry Stone. (The Beachcomber, August 10, 1949, p.1 -- Courtesy Joyce Grandmaison)

    **people/lineup: Town officials lined up at Hampton Center, looking west on Exeter Road, ca. 1898, before the railroad bridge. Left to right are: S. Albert Shaw, Clarence Dearborn, Clinton J. Eaton, Hugh Brown, William S. Brown, Joseph Ballard Brown, and Charles Batchelder.

**people/lucydow: Lucy Dow, Joseph’s daughter, from library collection.

**people/marelli: Luigi and Celestina Marelli on their wedding day (LML)

    people/thompson: Frederick Holland Thompson's family at Hampton Beach in 1920. From top, left to right, are Elton, Gerald, and Ralph. Middle row: Alva, Marion, Mildred and Helen. Bottom center: Addie (mother).

    **railroad/depot01: View looking south along railroad tracks showing rear of depot, with Odd Fellows Hall also in scene. From my book.

**schools/academy01: Hampton Academy in 1896, from Tercentenary booklet.

**schools/academy02: Hampton Academy postcard (LML)

**schools/academys: New and Old Academy side by side (LML)

**schools/brkcschool: Brick schoolhouse (from John Holman)

**schools/centernew01: New Center School, from Tercentenary booklet.

**schools/centernew02: New Center School (from John Holman)

**schools/centerold01: Postcard of old Centre School (LML)

**schools/drakeside: Drakeside school (from John Holman)

    **schools/eastend01: East End Schoolhouse and view east on Beach Road (from "View Book of Hampton Beach and The Hamptons, N.H.", published between 1901 and 1909) (Courtesy Nancy Higgins)

    **schools/eastend02: East End Schoolhouse close-up view (from John Holman)

    **schools/juniorhigh01: Hampton Academy and High School (Junior High Bldg when it was H.S.) (LML)

    **schools/kids1: Unknown schoolchildren on the steps of a building. Presumably, but not necessarily, in Hampton. (From the family of Charles Francis Adams)

    **schools/kids2: Unknown schoolchildren on the steps of a house, possibly on Winnacunnet Road since trolley tracks are in picture. Presumably, but not necessarily, in Hampton. (From the family of Charles Francis Adams)

**schools/north01: North School (from John Holman)

**schools/northkids: Kids at North School (from John Holman)

**schools/northgr1: First grade at North School (from John Holman)

**schools/northgr2: Second grade at North School (from John Holman)

**schools/northgr3: Third grade at North School (from John Holman)

    **schools/tuckschool01: Old school house that is now part of Tuck Museum complex, from 1961 Old Home Day booklet.

    **schools/tuckschool02: Old school house that is now part of Tuck Museum complex (from John Holman)

    **schools/sign: First school sign in front of Center School (John Holman)

    **ships/george1: Plaque that later went underwater to mark the site of the wreck of the St. George, 1998 (Courtesy Larry Pilotte)

    **ships/george2: Jerry McConnell, David Webb and Larry Pilotte holding plaque commenrating the wreck of the St. George, 1998 (Courtesy Larry Pilotte)

    **ships/george3: Anchor lyiing on the sea bottom at the site of the wreck of the St. George, 1998 (Courtesy Larry Pilotte)

    **ships/george4: Anchor and the plaque at the site of the wreck of the St. George, 1998 (Courtesy Larry Pilotte)

    **ships/george5: David Webb and Larry Pilotte, 1998 (Courtesy Larry Pilotte)

    **ships/george6: Skip Hurd and David Conrad and the cannon from the wreck of the St. George, 1962 (Courtesy Larry Pilotte)

    **ships/glend01: The Schooner Glendon. Under the bow can be seen Great Boar's Head. Wrecked Feb 1896. (From Granite Monthly, April 1911, p.103)

Report this document

For any questions or suggestions please email
cust-service@docsford.com