CCNA 1 Final Exam Answers
Posted in CCNA 1, CCNA 1 Final Exam - 13 December 2010 - 4 comments - 13,616
1. Which password is automatically encrypted when it is created?
enable secret ?
Refer to the exhibit. A network technician is trying to determine the correct IP address configuration for Host A. What is a valid configuration for Host A?
IP address: 192.168.100.19; Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.248; Default
= IP address: 192.168.100.20; Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.240; Default
Gateway: 192.168.100.17 ?
IP address: 192.168.100.21; Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.248; Default
IP address: 192.168.100.22; Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.240; Default
IP address: 192.168.100.30; Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.240; Default
IP address: 192.168.100.31; Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.240; Default
Refer to the exhibit. When computer A sends a frame to computer D,
what computers receive the frame?
A only computer D ?
only computer A and computer D
only computer B, computer C, and computer D
4. UDP is the transport layer protocol for which application?
A TFTP ?
5. What is the effect of using the Router# copy running-config startup-config command on a router?
The contents of ROM will change.
The contents of RAM will change.
The contents of NVRAM will change. ? A The contents of flash will change.
Refer to the exhibit. The diagram represents the process of sending
e-mail between clients. Which list correctly identifies the component
or protocol used at each numbered stage of the diagram?
1.MUA 2.MDA 3.MTA 4.SMTP 5.MTA 6.POP 7.MDA 8.MUA
1.MUA 2.POP 3.MDA 4.SMTP 5.MTA 6.MDA 7.SMTP 8.MUA
1.MUA 2.POP 3.SMTP 4.MDA 5.MTA 6.SMTP 7.POP 8.MUA
1.MUA 2.SMTP 3.MTA 4.SMTP 5.MTA 6.MDA 7.POP 8.MUA A
Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator for a small advertising company has chosen to use the 192.168.5.96/27 network for internal LAN addressing. As shown in the exhibit, a static IP address is assigned to the company web server. However, the web server cannot access the Internet. The administrator verifies that local workstations with IP addresses that are assigned by a DHCP server can access the Internet, and the web server is able to ping local workstations. Which component is incorrectly configured?
host IP address
default gateway address ? A
Refer to the exhibit. Host A and B are unable to communicate with each other. What is the reason for this?
Host A is assigned a network address.
Host B is assigned a multicast address.
Host A and host B belong to different networks.
The gateway addresses are network addresses. A
Refer to the exhibit. While configuring a network, a technician wired each end of a Category 5e cable as shown. Which two statements are true about this setup? (Choose two.)
A The cable is suitable for connecting a switch to a router Ethernet port. ?
A The cable is suitable for connecting dissimilar types of devices. ?
The cable is unusable and must be rewired.
The cable is terminated in a way that the transmit pin is wired to the receive pin.
The cable simulates a point-to-point WAN link.
10. Two routers are connected via their serial ports in a lab environment. The routers are configured
with valid IP addresses, but they cannot ping each other. The show interface serial0/0 command shows
that the serial0/0 interface is up but the line protocol is down. What could be the cause of this problem?
The no shutdown command has not been applied to the interfaces.
The clock rate command has not been entered on the DCE interface. ? A
The interface timers are not cleared.
The FastEthernet interface is emulating a serial interface by assigning it a timing signal.
11. Which device should be used for enabling a host to communicate with another host on a different network?
router ? A
Refer to the exhibit. Cable A is plugged into the console port on switch S1. What is required on the PC
for a network technician to enter the initial configuration on S1? a terminal emulation program ? A a web browser
a Telnet client
an FTP client
13. Which three IPv4 addresses represent subnet broadcast addresses? (Choose three.) 192.168.4.63 /26 ? A 192.168.4.129 /26
192.168.4.191 /26 ? A 192.168.4.51 /27
192.168.4.95 /27 ? A
14. A user enters http://www.cisco.com/web1.htm in the address line of a
browser. Which statement is true about this transaction?
The "http" portion indicates the protocol that is being used. ? The "web1.htm" portion is the specific service name.
The retrieved web page will be displayed in URL code.
The "www.cisco.com" is the name of the web page file that is called.
15. Refer to the exhibit. Which layered network model is shown in the diagram? Cisco
16. A routing issue has occurred in your internetwork. Which
of the following type of devices should be examined to isolate this error?
Which statement describes the correct use of addresses to deliver an e-mail message from HostB to the e-mail service that is running on
HostB uses the MAC address of ServerA as the destination.
Router B uses a Layer 3 network address to route the packet. ?
Router A uses the Layer 4 address to forward the packet to Router B.
Via the use of a Layer 3 address, ServerA assigns the message to the e-mail service.
18. Which option shows how a router will route packets to a remote network?
19. A user sees the command prompt: Router(config-if)# . What task can be performed at this mode?
Reload the device.
Perform basic tests.
Configure individual interfaces. ?
Configure individual terminal lines.
20. Which exhibit shows the interface that is configured by the command,
router(config)# interface serial 0/0/1?
21. Which physical connector type is used for a serial V.35 connection to the CSU/DSU?
22. Refer to the exhibit. The ping 127.0.0.1 command is issued on the local host. What do the ping results indicate? The local host can send packets on the local network. The TCP/IP stack on the local host operates properly. ? The local host has full connectivity to the default gateway. The local host has full connectivity to the remote network.
23. Which topology divides the collision domain and provides full
media bandwidth to the hosts in the network?