课题名称 课型 命题人 韩敏 M8 Unit3Project New
After learning this period, the students will be able to 【学习目标】
1. understand the ways to create different types of unusual
2. write a short article about unusual pictures and make an
unusual picture of their own by using the information and
instructions in the text.
【学习重点】 write a short article about unusual pictures
【学习难点】 How to write a short article about unusual pictures
【学法指导】 Task-based learning
导学留白 一、【课前自主预习】--- 预习生疑
?. Read the text quickly and find the answers to these questions
1. How many unusual ways to create pictures are mentioned in the passage?
2. What are they?
?. Read the passage carefully and fill in the following chart:
Type Things Way to make
. Translate these phrases --- 展示析疑 ?
1. Make out of ____________________________ 2. Smell good ____________________________ 3. Put on ____________________________
4. A variety of ____________________________ 5. Here are some ideas. ____________________________ 6. Cut up________________________
7. Be available. ____________________________ 8. Take a photo of ____________________________ 9. Lay out ____________________________ 10. Sound disgusting ____________________________ 11. Dip into ____________________________
12. Why not? ____________________________ 13. Have a go at doing sth ____________________________
二、【课堂合作学习】--- 小组合作 Language points
1. A few years ago,a picture of Mona Lisa was made out of slices of bread toasted to different colors.
n. 1) [C] a flat, often thin, piece of food that has been cut from a
Would you like another slice of ham/beef? 2) [S] a part of sth., such as an amount of money:
We agreed before we did the deal that we’d both take an
equal slice of the profit.
v. 1) [T] to cut sth. into thin, flat pieces:
Slice the mushrooms thinly and fry in butter.
[+ two objects] Could you slice me a very thin piece of
cake/slice a very thin piece of cake for me?
verb [I or T; usually + adverb or preposition] (stuck, stuck)
(1) to push a pointed object into or through something, or (of a
pointed object) to be pushed into or through something and
She stuck the needle into my arm
(2) [I or T] to cause something to become fixed as if with glue or
another similar substance:
My car is stuck in the mud.
This glue won’t stick.
stick … (together) with glue 用胶水把……粘到一起
stick out 伸出
stick to 坚持(原则等；：粘在上边
stick to one’s post 坚守岗位
stick with … 跟……在一起，忠于
get stuck 卡住，无法移动
1. They decided to take apart the machine and started again from s___________.
2. Every year, he won s_________ at school because of his excellent study.
3. In the market dealers (商人) were b__________ with growers
over the price of coffee.
4. I failed to come on time yesterday, because my car got s______ in the heavy snow.
5. The newspaper is d__________ free to everyone in the school.
6. She has a lot of hobbies, r_________ from playing chess to canoeing.
7. Adam Smith’s m____________ “The Wealth of Nations” was
written in the 18th century.
8. The children have gone ________ (探索) in the woods. The
teacher told them to take notes of all the unknown things.
9. Some people feel that e __________ on animals is very cruel.
10. I finally got everything for the Christmas party arranged with
the a_________ of my parents.
11. He had an a__________ for life and enjoyed exploring the
workings of objects and animals.
12. We hope for a p___________ settlement of the quarrel
between the countries.
13. During the floods the river water rose to the h_________ of the
main road beside it.
14. Taking pictures replaced painting as his hobby because he
thought he would love the life of a p____________.
1. —Let us suppose that you are in position of
parent. Would you allow your child to do such a thing?
A. a; a B. a; the C. the; a D. the; the
2. Having been warned of the likely lung cancer, Mr. White had to
________ on smoking.
A. cut down B. cut off C. cut in D. cut out
3. The representatives were seen with the employers about their pay.
A. seated and was negotiated B. seating and negotiated
C. seated, negotiating D. seating to be negotiated
4. Tom adores __________ classic novels and dreams _________ a writer.
A. reading; being B. to read; of being
C. reading; of being D. to read; being
5. The girl had to the journey because of her mother’s
A. cut short B. abandon C. give up D. all of the above
6. He abandoned the accepted styles and rules of painting and
from scratch, created a style of art known cubism.
A. started; as B. started; for C. starting; as D. starting; for