PEP English Teaching Plan(5A)
Unit 2 My Days of the Week
B Let’s try Let’s talk Pair work C Let’s check
A. Knowledge aims
1. Understand, be able to say and use: What do you do on
Saturdays/Sundays? I often do homework, read books and watch TV. 2. Finish “Let’s check”
B. Ability aims
Ss can use the phases and the sentences in real situation correctly.
Help ss to develop a good life habit.
III.Teaching key and difficult points
A. Key points？Master these phases and sentences.
B. Difficult points？Ss can use the phases and the sentences in real situation correctly.
Demonstration method TPR Communication method
Multi-media word-cards a tape recorder
1 teacher？Felicia Liu
Step1: Warm up and review
1. Greeting: T asks some questions
2. Sing a song: My Days of the Week.
3. Chant: Boys and girls chant p19 together. 4. Say weekdays quickly one by one.
1. Ask and answer: T: What day is it today? SS: It’s … .
T: What do you do on … ? SS: I … .
T: OK, let’s see what do Sarah； Wu Yifan and Chen Jie do on … ， Finish Let’s try, then listen again and check. 2. Present the phrases:
T: What do we do on Saturdays? SS: I … .
Now, Sarah wants to know what Chen Jie does on Saturdays, do you want
to know? Then, listen to let’s talk.
3. After reading the dialogue let the ss know we can say Saturday and
Sunday together, present weekend.
Step 3 Practice
1. Ask and answer: Teacher shows a card of an activity, say: What day is
it today? SS: It’s …. T: What do you do on Saturdays? SS: We
often ….(Look at the card og activity and answer.) 2 teacher？Felicia Liu
2. Solitaire？T: What do you do on Saturdays? S1: I often …. What do
you do on Saturdays? S2: I often …. What do you do on Saturdays?
S3？I often …. What do you do on Saturdays? S4？…
3. Pair work: Give them some minute to prepare a dialogue, and then
select some pairs to the stage to show their performance, praise their
Step4. Consolidation and extension
1. Let’s check: Let the ss look at the picture of let’s check carefully, then
play the tape, then let same to tell the answer and check together.
1. Listen to the tape. Read the dialogue to their parents 2. Ask your parents: What do you do on Saturdays? VII.Blackboard design
Unit 1 My Days of the Week
What do you do on weekends?
I often do homework, watch TV and read books.
3 teacher？Felicia Liu
4 teacher？Felicia Liu