PEP English Teaching Plan(5A)
Unit 2 My Days of the Week
Let’s chant PartB Let’s learn Let’s chant PartC Story time
A. Knowledge aims
1. Key words and phases？Saturday, Sunday, do homework, watch TV,
2.Target language？What do you do on Saturdays? What does he do on Saturdays?
B. Ability aims
Ss can use the phases and the sentences in real situation correctly.
Help ss to develop a good life habit.
III.Teaching key and difficult points A. Key points？Master these phases and sentences.
B. Difficult points？To read Saturday, Sunday, do homework, watch TV, read books correctly.
Demonstration method TPR Communication method
1 teacher？Felicia Liu
Multi-media word-cards a tape recorder
Step1: Warm up and review
1. Greeting: T asks some questions
2. Sing a song: My Days of the Week.
3. Oral practice: T: What do you have on Mondays?
Ss: I have…
1. Show card of Monday: T: What day is it today? SS: It’s Monday.
T: What day is it tomorrow? SS: It’s Tuesday.
Show the card of Friday to present Saturday in this way Then chant: Saturday, Saturday, Saturday. After Friday is Saturday
It’s a fun day, everyone can play.
The same way to present and practice reading Sunday
2. Present the phrases:
T: What do we do on Saturday? Show a card of doing homework, lead the ss say: I do homework. (Put up the card on the board and lead them to read.) Then, ask individual ss to say this sentence to practice the phrase. The same way to present phrases: watch TV and read books.
3. Show a table of some weekends and tell the ss we do homework in every Saturday, we can say: often. To present: I often do homework. 2 teacher？Felicia Liu
4. Listen and repeat after the tape of “Let’s learn”.
Stress the pronunciation of “often”.
5. Give ss several minutes to practice with their partners. Step 3 Practice
1. Ask and answer: Teacher shows a card of an activity, say: What day is
it today? SS: It’s …. T: What do you do on Saturdays? SS: We
often ….(Look at the card og activity and answer.)
2. Solitaire？T: What do you do on Saturdays? S1: I often …. What do
you do on Saturdays? S2: I often …. What do you do on Saturdays?
S3？I often …. What do you do on Saturdays? S4？…
3. Chant: Listen to the chant first, then explain some difficult words such
as “or”. Listen again, try to follow, listen and chant together. At last,
chant in roles of boys and girls.
Story time？Play the video of the story time and explain the difficult points, then, give them time to read and practice in roles. Introduce some rules to follow every day.
Step4. Consolidation and extension
2. Learn to sing the chant.
1. Listen to the tape. Copy the new phrases 4, sentences 2. 2. Say the chant to your friends or parents.
3 teacher？Felicia Liu
3. Ask your parents: What do you do on Saturdays? VII.Blackboard design
Unit 1 My Days of the Week
What do you do on Saturdays?
I often do homework.
do homework watch TV read books
card card card VIII.Teaching reflection
4 teacher？Felicia Liu