PEP English Teaching Plan(5A)
Unit 2 My Days of the Week
B Read and write Group work C Task time
A. Knowledge aims
1. Understand, be able to say and use: What do you do on
Saturdays/Sundays? What about you? I do homework. I read books. I
watch TV, too.
2. Can make a book in Task Time.
B. Ability aims
Ss can use the phases and the sentences in real situation correctly. C；Emotion aims？
Help ss to develop a good life habit and arrange their time to learn well.
III.Teaching key and difficult points
A. Key points？Master these phases and sentences: What do you do on Saturdays/Sundays? What about you? I do homework, too.
Can use the sentence structure in real situation. B. Difficult points？
Demonstration method TPR Communication method
Multi-media word-cards a tape recorder
1 teacher？Felicia Liu
Step1: Warm up and review
1. Greeting: T asks some questions
2. Sing a song: My Days of the Week.
3. Games: Teacher turns the turnplate and goes in the classroom slowly,
says: What day is it today? Together with the SS, says STOP, the one
who is besides the teacher should answer: It’s …day. Then the same
way to review: What do you do?
1. Read and order: Show word cards: do, you, on, what, do, Saturdays, one student holds a card, then says Begin; the ss go to the stage quickly and order the cards to be a sentence.
The same way to order: I watch TV on Saturdays. What about you? I do homework, too.
2. Present the phrases:
T: Boys and girls, do you want to know what Zoom does on weekends? Show a card of Zoom, let’s listen, and then ask: What day is it today?
Listen again let the ss think the questions: What does Zoom do on the day? What does his aunt do on the day?
3. Play the video of the dialogue and explain the difficult points in it such as: It’s time to go to school. What about you? Then fish the blanks. 2 teacher？Felicia Liu
Step 3 Practice
1. Ask and answer: Teacher shows a card of an activity, say: What day is
it today? SS: It’s …. T: What do you do on Saturdays? SS: We
often ….(Look at the card og activity and answer.) 2. Solitaire？T: What do you do on Saturdays? S1: I often …. What do
you do on Saturdays? S2: I often …. What do you do on Saturdays?
S3？I often …. What do you do on Saturdays? S4？…
3. Give ss several minutes to read and practice with their partners.
Step4. Consolidation and extension
2. Learn to sing the chant.
1. Listen and read the dialogue after class. 2. Retell what Zoom does on weekends to your friends or parents.
3. Ask your parents: What do you do on weekends? VII.Blackboard design
Unit 1 My Days of the Week
What do you do on Saturdays?
I watch TV on Saturdays.
What about you?
I do my homework.
3 teacher？Felicia Liu