Winona State University
New Club: Adopted Date
Existing Date: Revised Date
Article 1 - Name
The name of this organization shall be Han Culture Society
Article 2 - Purpose (Must have at least one purpose)
1. Club Purpose 1: Han is the biggest Ethnic Group in the world, more than 1 billion people. Han is one of oldest Ethnic group. Han Culture is one of the world’s oldest and most complex. So this
club’s purpose is study Han Culture, and to publicize Han culture to more and more people. 2. Club Purpose 2: To enhance the Han people Identity.
3. Club Purpose 3: Offer the place for students to know each other.
Article 3 - Membership
1. A non-discrimination statement says something similiar to the following: Membership
requirements will be non-discriminatory and all persons will be treated in a fair and
equitable manner in accordance with Minnesota Statute 363.
The Han Culture Society welcomes everyone who is interested in Han Culture, all persons will be treated in fair in this club, and all people are equal.
2. List any requirements for membership; however, they cannot conflict with the non-
discriminatory clause listed above. Some examples include: major/minor, GPA
requirements, requirements that have to do with affiliated organizations. No major/minor and GPA requirement; no gender, race, nationality requirement. But the members of this Club should respect Han Culture, and should respect each other members. We can make a meeting and activities schedule, we should not force anyone to join any activity, but encourage everyone to join.
3. Rules for expulsion:
Anyone who seek to do curse, who seek to do fight, anyone who stole the money or public goods in Club, anyone who do not respect Han Culture or any other culture, anyone who is
making fun of or is harassing another member, those people will not be tolerated, they will be expelled.
Article 4 - Executive Board/Advisory Council/Officers, etc.
1. A non-discrimination statement says something similar to the following: Leadership
nomination requirements will be non-discriminatory and all persons will be treated in a
fair and equitable manner in accordance with Minnesota Statute 363.
Everyone should be treated fairly in this club, no one include the leaderships have no privilege. 2. List the leadership positions in the club.
President;The president’s Responsibilities are to manage the overall affairs of clubs, for example, to decide when and how to start an activity. One of the basic requirements to be a
president is to know the basis of Han Culture, so Han people have precedence to be a president than the other non-Han people. I, Weiyi Guo will be the first President in this club. Vice-President: To help the President to manage the club, if the President is not here, then the Vice- President take the office of President Temporarily. Anyone who is interested in Han culture could be a Vice-President.
Secretary: To contact the club members, to send the emails, and to help the President and Vice-president. Anyone who is interested in Han Culture could be a Secretary. Treasurer: To manage the money use of the club, to get or make the payment for the club’s
activities, to draw the money payment schedule. Anyone who is interested in Han Culture could be a Treasurer. Peng yin will be the first Treasurer.
Public relation: To take propaganda works, to introduce new members to join, and so on. The All 5 leadership persons to decide who can join the club, but no one have the power to refuse a person for the race, GPA, nationality reasons. The leadership positions have no privilege than any other members, just to do their own work.
4. List the procedures for election to the leadership position.
Election will be hold at every April, the first election starts at April 2013. Every Club’s members
could elect all leadership positions, includes the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Public relation. Anyone who is interested in leadership position can sign to be a candidate before the Election starts. Han people have precedence to be a president than the other non-Han people, because to know the basis of Han culture is the requirement to be a president. This is just the original plan; we may make any changes later.
Article 5 – Meetings
1. List how often meetings occur
There is meeting every Thursday during the school time. This plan may be changed later.
2. List any special meetings that you may wish to occur at the same time every eyar (i.e.
Elections, first meetings, etc.)
We may set special meeting at every Han people traditional holiday, and the Election day and some other important things need to discuss, we will hold special meetings too. Article 6 - Funding
1. List dues (if any) required of members
No definite requirement yet.
2. List the responsible party for keeping track of the budget.
At the beginning, I Weiyi Guo and the treasurer will be keeping track of the budget. 3. State that: "All money received from the Student Life funds will be held in a WSU
Business office account." OR "All funds will be held in a WSU Business office account." We state that all money received from the Student Life funds will be held in a WSU Buisness office account.
4. State that: "In the event of the dissolution of the club, all Student Life funds will be
returned to the Student Activities Fund Committee of Student Senate for reappropriation. We state that in the event of the dissolution of the club, all student Life funds will be returned to the Student Activities Fund Committee of Student Senate for Appropriation. Article 7 - Amendment
1. State the process for proposing amendments to the Club Constitution.
The all members can vote for the amendments, but the two things could not be changed, this club is Han Culture club, the purpose is to study Han Culture and let more people know Han Culture, any amendments should not change the purpose. And Han people have precedence to be a president than the other non-Han people, because one of the basic requirements to be a president is to know the basis of Han Culture; no one is allowed to change this clause too. 2. State the process for approval of these changes.
Any members can give the advice to the Club constitution before the Election Day; the new constitution could be passed by the majority votes.
3. State that: "The Han Culture Society Club Constitution must be resubmitted for
ratification to the WSU Student Senate at least every two years."
Article 8 - Advisor
1. List the name of the faculty/staff advisor.
2. State the following advisor duties (for example):
1. Attend regular meetings.
2. Maintain contact with club and leadership.
3. In conjunction with the responsible party from the club, track the club budget. 4. Maintain current contact information with WSU Student Senate.
5. The advisor shall have full access to the club Business Office Account. Article 9 - Committees (Optional)
1. List any standing committees that will part of your club.
Un decided now.
2. Lay out the guidelines for creating ad-hoc committees.