Table of Contents:
EZQs Page 2
Monthly Statement Page 3
Configuration tips and tricks Page 4
Security Page 5
Query Quirks Page 5
EZQs for Everyday Life
• Convert old Account Codes to Purposes
– Prompts for department acronym and shows all Account Codes/Purpose in
• Convert old Object Codes to Accounts
– Prompts for Object Code (or partial OC) and converts
GAQRY Screen replacements:
VO EZQ_BAL_QUERY (for Purposes that don’t have budgets)
EZQ_BAL_BGT (for Purposes that do have budgets)
VS EZQ_BAL_TOTAL for Purposes that don’t have budgets; just
one total row that shows balance
EZQ_BAL_BGT_SUMMARY for Purposes that do have budgets;
one row for each Account Category
EZQ_BAL_BGT_TOTAL for Purposes that do have budgets:
Just one total row that shows balance
EZQ_BAL_BGT_TOTAL_SPPT for Purposes that do have
budgets: Just one total row that shows balance, and only includes
PS Accounts for support
Mark X for trans EZQ_TRANS_QUERY
Labor Allocation EZQ_LAM_DISTRIB To see Distributions
Module: EZQ_LAM_OBLIG To see Obligations
Two types: “Push” and “Pull”
• “Pull” means that you elect to run your statement report at the time of your
choosing; this is an option that requires set-up and is beyond the scope of this
Basic Training course.
• “Push” means statements are sent to you without action on your part. You then
access them on-line.
This happens at the end of each accounting period (generally around the 5th of the
Accessing Pushed Statements
• Navigate to:
; Under “View Reports For” set “Last” to 30 days.
; Click REFRESH button and you will see the reports that you ran (or were run for
you) in the last 30 days.
; Click SAVE to have 30 days be your default period
; Select the report you want to see and click the blue VIEW link
• Click on the blue link by the report you want to view, in this case,
NURS110000.xls . This will bring up the monthly statement in Excel. Page 3
Sharing Excel Statements via Email:
• PeopleSoft push statement will open in excel. In excel, choose file> send to.
• "send to" opens email and automatically attaches the excel spreadsheet. Type
whatever subject and message you desire; send as usual.
• If your outgoing message normally files a copy to your sent box, then this will
also file a copy to your sent box.
Tips on configuring your computer for reporting
When you open your statement (or another excel download from QUERY), depending on how your browser’s preferences are set, one of two things will occur…
1. If your system opens the spreadsheet in an Excel window within the web browser…
To copy the report to an Excel file:
– Right click on the grey box in the upper left-hand corner of the
spreadsheet and select “copy”
– Open Excel, go to cell A1 of a new spreadsheet, right click and select
2. If your system prompts you to either save the file to disk or to open the file in excel, make your selection based on whichever you prefer.
If you’d like to set your preferences to function differently refer to the instructions below
(these instructions refer to Windows XP; your steps may differ slightly depending on your operating system):
Fixing Internet Explorer to open Excel correctly when “Downloading to Excel” in PeopleSoft Query. (This is not an issue if you are using Netscape) 1. Open Windows Explorer, select Tools in the top menu bar, select Folder Options...
2. Select File Types tab and then highlight XLS Microsoft Excel Worksheet
3. Click the Advanced button
4. In the Edit File Type window, Click OFF all the boxes in the lower left 5. Click OK to save changes and then CLOSE in the next window
• Will be similar to the security for our current financial system - it is based on the
• Request access changes in same way you do now: users will use the web form:
• PS security will be a two step process:
• by page security (menu options)
• row security (purpose code)
• User will continue to complete form with MINS as initial security; hope to use
DEPTID on a future version of the form
The EZQs provide aids to assist you in selecting your query criteria. These are called prompts. For instance, in the EZQ to look up a purpose you can enter the 4 character department acronym, such as IPSS or LIBR. The query Page 5
results will provide you with a complete list of all purposes with that acronym.
Often, a query will result in too many rows of data to display on one screen. To view the records not displayed click the arrow button next to the word "last" immediately above the top right corner of the table.
The left facing arrow button next to the word "first" will take you back to the screen displaying the first 100 UOD ACCT and Purposes.
Download to Excel
PeopleSoft allows you to easily move the data from your search to an Excel spreadsheet. Above the top left side of the table, click the Download to Excel link (see section above about system configuration).
Another very useful type of aid offered by PeopleSoft to assist you in beginning a search is indicated by a small icon of a magnifying glass. These magnifying glasses are found in the EZQ prompts, and in the search features of PS financials.
A very useful wildcard offered by PeopleSoft to help you search is the %. It can be substituted for any number of characters not known. In this case, the wildcard allows a search for all Chemical Engineering purposes that begin with CHEG112. There are 14 such purposes.