Thank you for your interest in the coaching opportunities with One Goal Coaching Ltd. This recruitment pack contains all the information you will require in order to understand the nature of our work and the process of applying for a coaching position with One Goal Coaching.
Our mission is to be recognised as the leading company in the delivery of children’s coaching programmes, working in 350 schools across Greater Manchester, helping 7000 children develop across the 5 areas of the One Goal Success Star.
One Goal Coaching Ltd are a ‘Sport and Life Coaching Company’ delivering specialist
programmes in the areas of sport, leadership and personal development for children. We work with primary school children from the ages of 6-11yrs across the areas of Greater Manchester.
Our sports coaches work with children at various times during a school day from breakfast clubs, lunchtimes, afterschool clubs and PPA sessions. Our sports coaching programmes involve a high variety of sports to be delivered including; football, basketball, hockey, lacrosse and many more.
Our programmes are designed to enhance children for success in life, therefore children will be developed in the areas of: Leadership, Health, Self belief, Aspirations and Relationships.
Job Title: Sports Coach
Hours: Casual, sub-contractor basis
Pay: up to ?15 p/hr
Location: Greater Manchester (non-fixed locations)
Reports to: Coach Manager
Job Purpose: This position primarily requires a sports coach to effectively deliver sports based coaching sessions within primary schools to children aged between 6-11yrs. This entails delivering all sports sessions and programmes to the high standards set by the company and according to the programme’s curriculum. As a One Goal Coach you will also deliver other programmes that involve classroom based workshops, activities and one to one personal life coaching.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. To be an ambassador for One Goal Coaching representing yourself, the team and the
company in the highest regards of professionalism and public image.
2. As an individual you are to be highly effective around managing and organising your
time, ensuring that you arrive for work at the specified time which maybe in
advance of when your coaching pay refers to. In most circumstances this refers to
setting up coaching sessions in advance of the session start time.
3. To plan in advance and produce when requested sessions plans that are age
appropriate and inline with the aims, objectives and methodology of the One Goal
4. To deliver our services inline with the programmes guidelines, aims and objectives in
a positive and inclusive manner ensuring that all participants benefit from the
5. To encourage positive behaviour (see The 6 Habits) and when necessary creatively
challenge negative attitudes in order to set and maintain a safe learning
6. Accurately carry out administration duties such as completing the session register,
consent forms and accident reports. These administration documents are sensitive
and therefore must be kept safe and returned to the appropriate person at the
7. To understand and implement the policies and procedures of One Goal Coaching as
they relate to the quality of service to the Children. In particular the health and
safety, equal opportunities and child protection policy.
8. To involve the assistant coach in the delivery of the coaching session and to provide
support and feedback where appropriate ensuring that they benefit from your
knowledge and experience.
9. When selected to work on other projects an additional job description maybe
provided. In this case it is expected that the coach should demonstrate an excellent
work ethic whilst fully co-operating with all team members in order to achieve the
aims and objectives of the project.
10. To keep up to date with all current coaching practices and undertake continuous
professional development, including all minimum operating standards to comply
with this post.
11. Except in circumstances of emergency you must inform your line manager at least
48 hours prior to work if you are unable to attend.
One Goal Coaching is committed to equal opportunities for all prospective employees, partners and children. We are also highly driven to achieving operational excellence in order to effectively serve the children we work with.
This position will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check, previous employment references as well as undertaking our formal recruitment, selection and training process.
To become part of our successful team
- Complete the job application form.
- Complete the Equal Opportunities form (optional).
Enclose the following:
- Current CV
- Copy of Emergency/First Aid Certificate.
- Copy of your personal insurance cover (if applicable).
- Copy of Full Drivers License.
- Copy of all coaching qualifications.
- Copy of your child protection course certificate.
- Copy of your Enhanced CRB Check (under 2 years old).