Contents: Unit 5 Section A;Period 2；
1. To provide specking practice with the target language. 2. To provide speaking and writing practice with the target language.
3. To prepare ss to write using the target language. 4. To let ss use the target language in writing. Teaching key points:
1. Practice the target language in speaking.
2. To let ss use the target language in writing. Teaching difficulties:
To expand the conversation with the target language. Teaching procedures:
Step 1: Warm up
To have a dictation.
Step 2: Presentation
1. Give ss some questions first.
1) What are Grace and Sarah talking about?
2) What kind of the TV shows do Sarah’s classmates like?
3) What does Grace think of game shows and sports shows?
4) What does Grace think of soap opera? What does Sarah think of it?
5) What are Sarah’s favorite TV shows? Why does she like them? What does
Grace think of them?
2. Listen to tape while reading the dialogue. 3. Ask ss to read it carefully and find out the answers. 4. Explain the key points.
Kind of, mind, stand, favorite, expect to do sth.
5. To act out the dialogue.
Part 2: Grammar focus.
1. To read the grammar focus. 2. Practice: make a dialogue. For example:
(1) make a plan: watch a talk show. (2) Attitude: love, like, don’t mind it and so on. (3) Reason.
(4) Other shows.
3. To find out the infinitives. 4. drill: finish the following exercises.
A: What do you think of______? (game show, sport show, sitcom…) B: I___them. (like, don’t mind, can’t stand it.) A: Why do you_____?
1. Give some tips.
(watch a game show, watch a talk show, want to watch a game show, watch a sport
2. Finish 3a.
3. Ask ss to read their dialogues. 4. Explain “hope to do”, “want to do” and “plan to do”.
5. Make sentences.
Step 3: Sum up
To review the target language.
Step 4: Homework
1. Finish period 2.
2. Copy the new words and expressions.
3. Recite the new words and we will have a dictation tomorrow.