CLARIFICATIONS TO THE EOI FOR MNP GATEWAY.
S. No. EOI Clarifications sought Clarifications issued by
Clause No. BSNL.
1. 3 (a) We suggest BSNL to kindly allow the Not Agreed.
system integratos to bid directly and
modify the clause as “The Bidder /OEM
should have supplied, installed,
integrated, tested and commissioned
MNP gateway in the network of at least
two Telecom Service Providers in any
country. Work experience should include
integrating the MNP Gateway with MCHA,
NPDB, Billing, Provisioning system of
GSM/ CDA network and SSTP networks
(LPDBs) /Signalling Gateways.
Certificate from the said Telecom Service
Providers is required to be submitted
stating that the said equipment is working
satisfactorily for at least last one year as
on the date of submission of response
against this EOI”
2. 3 (b) We suggest BSNL to kindly allow the Not Agreed.
system integratos to bid directly and
modify the clause as “The Bidder or its
OEM should be an MNP Gateway
Solution Provider (GSP) or its subsidiary”.
3. 4 (iii) What are Fault Tolerance and High Refer Para 4 (iii) of EOI.
Availability requirements for MNP
4. 4 (iii) What is the High Availability (HA) Refer Para 4 (iii) of EOI.
requirements for the report server?
5. 5 Is there a requirement for MNP Gateway MNP Gateway is required to
to segregate the signalling / data traffic handle porting
and management traffic on different communication between
LANs. BSNL and other operators
via MCHAs and down
loading of data base of
ported numbers from NPDB
of the 2 MCHAs. Each of the
MNP Gateways will be
connected to the MPLS
network of BSNL via
redundant links. Logical
connections will be
established from MNP
gateways to various network
elements as stated in Para 5
of the EOI.
6. 5 Does the proposal need to include LAN Yes, the proposal needs to infrastructure (like routers, switched etc.) include LAN infrastructure.
or these will be provided by BSNL? Router at MNP Gateway
end, for connectivity to
MPLS / network elements of
BSNL, will also be provided
by the supplier. However,
media for the said
connectivity will be provided
7. 5 Is there a requirement for the MNP Yes, MNP Gateway is Gateway to support reconciliation or required to ensure that LPDB reconciliation will be done by BSNL by is synchronized with NPDB looking at the reports? of the 2 MCHAs in real time.
MNP Gateway is also
required to reconcile BSNL
Circle-wise data of porting
BSNL and the 2 MCHAs.
8. 5 (i) Is there a requirement for flexible Yes, MNP Gateway is scheduling for synchronization with required to synchronize MCHA ? LPDB with NPDB of both the
MCHAs in real time.
9. 5 (iii) Our understanding from the clause is that MNP Gateway provider will BSNL will do the integration of B&CCS provide the API which should system with the APIs provided by MNP be CORBA compliant or web Gateway Provider and the responsibility service. B&CCS system will of integration with B&CCS system is of invoke the said API for BSNL. Please clarify. integration with MNP
Gateway to work as client to
the MNP Gateway.
Responsibility for end to end
integration will be of the
10. 5 (iii) Which all BSNL B&CCS systems will be Refer Para 5 (iii) of the EOI.
integrated with MNP Gateway?
11. 5 (iii) What is the interface supported by BSNL Presently, CORBA interface B&CCS systems? and web service interface
are supported; however, in
future any other standard
interface has to be supported
by MNP Gateway, if
12. 5 (iii) It is assumed that B&CCS systems are B&CCS systems are not redundant? Is the access to these redundant. Presently, there
redundant system through the single IP is no DR (Disaster Recovery)
on multiple IPs ? for the four B&CCS Systems.
BSNL is deploying
intermediate DR and DR
sites at four different
Supplier is required to
integrate the same with the
13. 5 (viii) What are Disaster Recovery requirements Refer Para 5 (viii) of the EOI.
of MNP Gateway? Disaster recovery platform
will take over the operations
of main platform as soon as
and till the time the main
platform is down.
14. 5 (xi) What is the level of integration required Refer Para 5 (x) and (xi) of
between MNP Gateway EMS with BSNL the EOI. Integration is NMS? Is it only for alarms or anything required both for Alarms as
else? well as for operation and
maintenance of the MNP
Annexure-III 15. Bid security. Format of bid security is
amended as per Annexure.
BID SECURITRY FORM
Whereas .................................. (hereinafter called "the Bidder") has submitted its bid
dated............for the supply of ........................ vide Tender No…………………… dated............
KNOW ALL MEN by these presents that WE ....................... OF .................... having our registered
office at .................(hereinafter called "the Bank") are bound unto Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
(hereinafter called "the Purchaser") in the sum of Rs.................... for which payment will and truly
to be made of the said Purchaser, the Bank binds itself, its successors and assigns by these
THE CONDITIONS of the obligation are :
1. If the Bidder withdraws his bid during the period of bid validity specified by the Bidder on the
Bid form or
2. If the Bidder, having been notified of the acceptance of his bid by the Purchaser during the
period of bid validity:
(a) fails or refuses to execute the Contract, if required; or
(b) fails or refuses to furnish the Performance Security, in accordance with the
instructions to Bidders.
We undertake to pay to the Purchaser up to the above amount upon receipt of its first written
demand, without the purchaser having to substantiate its demand, provided that in its demand, the
purchaser will note that the amount claimed by it is due to it owning to the occurrence of one or
both of the two conditions, specifying the occurred condition or conditions.
This guarantee will remain in force up to and including thirty (30) days after the period of BID thvalidity i.e. upto 10 March 2010 and any demand in respect thereof should reach the Bank not
later than the specified date/dates.
Signature of the Bank Authority.
Signed in Capacity of
Name & Signature of witness Full address of Branch
Address of witness Tel No. of Branch
Fax No. of Branch