例；Man: I wonder why the office is still not open. 中山纪念中学高三英语第一次模拟考卷
Woman: But it’s not yet eight. In fact, it’s only a quarter to eight.
本试卷分第一卷和第二卷两部分(共150分(考试时间120分钟 At what time does the office open?
第一卷！三部分(共115分， A. At 8:30 B. At 8:15 C. At 8:00 ！答案是C，
第一部分；听力！共两节(满分30分， 6. When does the man usually go to work on Tuesdays? 第一节；听下面五段对话。每段对话后有一个问题。从题中所给的A、B、C选项中选出最佳的A. At 6:00 am. B. At 6:45 am. C. At 6:30 am. 选项(并标在试卷的相应位置上。听完每段对话后(你有十秒钟时间答题和阅读下一小题。每段7. When does the man often stop working on Thursday? 对话只听一遍。 A. At 6:00 pm B. At 6:15 pm C. At 6:30 pm. 例；Man: I wonder why the office is still not open. 第七段对话(回答第8—10题。
Woman: But it’s not yet eight. In fact, it’s only a quarter to eight. 8. Who did the man want to speak to?
At what time does the office open? A. John. B. Mr. Brown. C. Mrs. Brown.
A. At 8:30 B. At 8:15 C. At 8:00 ！答案是C， 9. What does the woman’s mother probably do?
第一段对话(回答第1题。 A. She may be a teacher. B. She may be a worker C. She perhaps works in a bank.
1、The patient used to take the medicine . 10. What is the man’s telephone number?
A. 4 times a day B. 3 times a day C. twice a day A. 8—55—3—22—99 B. 8—55—33—2—99 C. 8—5—33—22—99 第二段对话(回答第2题。 第八段对话(回答11—16题。
2、Who does the woman suggest they speak to? 11. What does the dialogue talk about?
A. The nurse. B. The doctor. C. Their mother. A. A fight. B. A quarrel. C. An accident. 第三段对话(回答第3题。 12. Where has Ann been these days? 3、What does the woman mean? A. At home. B. At school C. In the hospital.
A. She wanted to go since she was free 13. On what day was the fire caused?
B. She wanted to go but she couldn’t A. On Thursday B. On Friday. C. On Saturday.
C. She didn’t want to go with the man 14. At what time did the fire take place? 第四段对话(回答第4题。 A. Around 11:00 am B. Around 11:30 pm C. Around 11:00 pm 4、When can the man expect to see Professor Brown? 15. The fire was caused when Alice .
A. Wednesday B. Thursday. C. Friday. A. lit a candle B. burnt some wood C. cooked some food 第五段对话(回答第5题。 16. How many people were wounded? 5、Where did this conversation most likely take place? A. One B. Two C. Three
A. at a railway station. B. In a classroom. C. at an airport 第九段讲话(回答17—20题。
第二节: 听下面的对话或讲话。每段对话或讲话后有几小题。从小题中列出的A、B、C选项中17. What is the talk about?
选出最佳的选项并标在试卷的相应位置上。听每段对话和讲话前(你将有时间阅读各小题！每题A. Mark Twain’s family relations. B. Mark Twain’s article. C. Mark Twain’s life 5秒钟，(听后也有5秒钟时间答题。每段对话或讲话听两遍。 18. The talk says something about most of Twain’s family members except .
A. his mother B. his wife C. his daughter 31. All the preparations for the task , and we’re ready to start.
19. How old was Mark Twain when his father died? A. completed B. complete C. had been completed D. have been completed
A. 11 B. 12 C. 13 32. Sorry I’m late. I have turned off the alarm clock and gone back to sleep again. 20. How old was Mark Twain when he died? A. might B. should C. can D. will
A. 65 B. 70 C. 75 33. One of the sides of the board should be painted yellow, and .
A. the other is white B. another white C. the other white D. another is white
第二部分；英语知识运用！共两节(满分45分， 34. I finally got the job I dreamed about. Never in all my life so happy!
第一节；单项填空！共15题(每小题1分(满分15分， A. did I feel B. I felt C. I had felt D. Had I felt
从A、B、C、D四个选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项(并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 35. some of this juice—perhaps you’ll like it.
21. —Do you want tea or coffee? A. Trying B. Try C. To try D. have tried
— , I really don’t mind. 第二节；完型填空！共20小题(每小题1.5分(满分30分，
A. Both B. None C. Either D. Neither 阅读下面短文(掌握其大意然后从36—55各题所给的四个选项中(选出一个最佳答案。
22. —I beleve we’ve met somewhere before. My Experience in a Free School
—No, . At first I couldn’t believe it! There were no 36 in row; no bells rang; no one had to go to
A. it isn’t the same B. it can’t be true C. I don’t think so D. I’d rather not 37 . Although we all lived “in”, 38 made us go to bad at a certain time; there was on “lights out”.
23. Summers in south of France are for most part dry and sunny. The 39 thing was that practically all the students went to class, 40 very few people stayed
A. 不填，a B. the，不填 C. 不填，不填 D. the; the up late at night. Only the new people stayed up or 41 class. The new ones always went wild 42 ,
24. Old McDonald gave up smoking for a while, but soon to his old ways. but this never lasted long. The freedom took some getting used to. Our teachers treated us like 43 ;
A. returned B. returns C. was returning D. had returned one student who did’t try never did we have to play “stand up”, “sit down”, “speak out”. I don’t 44
25. The result of the experiment was very good, we hadn’t expected. his best.
A. when B. that C. which D. what The subjects were the same as those in 45 school, but what a difference in the approach(方式)!
26. —It’s a good idea. But who’s going to the plan? For example, in botany (植物学) we had 46 classes in the spring or fall, but instead we 47 two
—I think Tom and Greg will. gardens. a vegetable garden and a flower garden. Then in winter we each studied a few 48 things
A. set aside B. carry out C. take in D. get through about what we had grown. In math the students built three different kinds of storerooms—small ones 27. The picture on the wall is painted by my nephew. 49 , but usable. They did this instead of having lessons in the classroom. They really had a great time
A. having hung B. hanging C. hangs D. being hung too, designing everything, drawing the blueprints, 50 othe angles (角度) and so on. I didn’t take
28. It was an exciting moment for these football fans this year, for the first time in years their 51 . I can’t stand it! Besides, I could do the basic things with numbers. That’s 52 !
team won the World Cup. On the whole I think I am a 53 person for having gone to the school. I can read and write as
A. that B. while C. which D. when well as anyone else my age, and I can think better. That’s probably a real big 54 between the free
school and regular school-the amount of 55 29. the general state of his health, it may take him a while to recover from the operation. .
A. Given B. To give C. Giving D. Having given 36. A. desks B. lights C. students D. buildings 30. Nick is looking for another job because he feels that nothing he does his boss. 37. A. home B. bed C. class D. work
A. serves B. satisfies C. promises D. supports 38. A. anybody B. nobody C. teachers D . parents
39. A. sad B. last C. good D. strange Br=Britain Fr=France Ch=Channel Islands
40. A. and B. but C. so D. yet
41. A. attended B. took C. missed D. studied
42. A. from then on B. at first C. once more D. just then
43. A. workers B. pupils C. gardeners D. grown-ups
44. A. hear from B. feel like C. think about D. know of
45. A. night B. regular C. small D. real
46. A. all B. short C. no D. indoor 57. Jersey, Guernsey, and Alderney breeds of cattle are .
47. A. planted B. studied C. drew D. toured A. considered best in England B. named after their birthplaces
48. A. wild B. successful C. usual D. particular C. brought to the islands by the Germans D. raised on well-known farms by the French
49. A. as well B. after a while C. of course D. as a result 58. The Channel Islands have been continuously under British rule since .
50. A. looking out B. taking out C. finding out D. figuring out A. earliest known history B. 1066 C. 1930s D. the end of World War II
51. A. math B. care C. botany D. notice 59. Why do people on the Channel Islands follow French way of living?
52. A. dull B. interesting C. enough D. dangerous A. Their islands used to be part of France. B. Their islands are often visited by the French.
53. A. careful B. better C. busier D. lovely C. They came from France. D. They speak French.
54. A. problem B. chance C. difference D. change B
55. A. reading B. gardening C. teaching D. thinking James Cleveland Owens was the son of a farmer and the grandson of black slaves. His family 第三部分；阅读理解！共20小题(计分40分， moved to Cleveland when he was 9. There, a school teacher asked the youth his name.
阅读下面短文(并做篇后的练习。从四个选项中选出能回答所提问题或完成所给句子的最佳 “J. C.,” he replied.
答案。 She thought he had said “Jesse”, and he had a new name.
A Owens ran his first race at age 13. After high school, he went to Ohio State University. He had to
The Channel Islands are a group of British-owned islands lying in the English Channel (海峡), 10 work part time so as to pay for his education. As a second-year student, in the Big Ten games in 1935, to 30 miles off the French coast, and 70 to 90 miles from the English co