1. That he will go to China is known to everyone.
2. He has told me (that) he will go to Shanghai tomorrow.
3. My problem is that I don’t get enough sleep every day.
4. Whether Native Americans arrived in California 15,000 years ago is not important. 5. Please tell me if/whether you will go to the lectures tomorrow.
6. The question is whether the film is well worth seeing.
7. Where the party will be held has not yet been announced. 8. I don’t know when they will set off tomorrow.
9. That is why today over 40% of California speak Spanish as a first or second
连接词 成分 意义 省略情况
Activity Three Tell the difference
I. Whether it is true remains a problem.
II. The question is whether the film is well worth seeing. III. Please tell me if/whether you will go to the lectures tomorrow. IV. It all depends on whether the sky will clear up. V. Can you tell me whether or not the train has left?
E. 可与or not 直接连用
Activity Four Exercise
1. _____he is a famous singer is known to us. 2. We want to know _____they can speak English.
3. ______the party will be held has not yet been announced. 4. I don’t remember _____we arrived.
5. That is ____he didn’t come to the meeting.
Activity Five Translate the sentences
1. What attracted people to California is its pleasant climate and relaxed lifestyle. 2. Do you know what he said just now?
3. The question is who (which of you) will be the next speaker.
4. I don’t know whom(who) he is talking with.
连接词 成分 意义 省略情况
Activity Six Exercise
1. ____ he said in the meeting was very important.
2. I’m not sure _____ makes the whole thing worse.
3. I asked ____________ could answer the question.
4. Do you know _______________ they are waiting for.
Activity Seven Consolidation
1.___we’ll go fishing tomorrow depends on the weather.
A It B Whether C That D Where
2. The teacher asks us ____ Jim can come back on time. A. that B. if C. when D. what time 3. Her question is ____we will come back from the trip. A. when B. that C. what D. /
4. Mary wrote an article on ____ the team had failed to win the game. A. why B. what C. who D. that 5. People in China are proud of __________ they have achieved in the past ten years.
A.that B.which C.what D.how
6. _______ life began on the earth is one of the biggest puzzles to scientists.
A？How B？What C？Where D？That
7. We haven’t discussed yet ______ we are going to place our new furniture. A. that B. which C. what D. where
8. _____I can’t understand is ___ she wants to change her mind. A. What; why B. Which; how C. That; why D. What; because 9. _____made the school proud was ______more than 90%of the students had been
admitted to key universities.
A. What / because B. What / that
C. That / what D. That / because 10. _____breaks the law should be punished.
A. Whoever B. Whom C. Anyone. D. Who