Teaching title: How many people are there in your family
1. to understand conversations involving introduction of family members 2. to briefly introduce one’s family
Teaching important: Key vocabulary—aunt, uncle, have got …
Key structures—there is/are ...
Teaching difficulties: have got = have (注意否定和疑问形式的转换) Teaching method: speaking listening
Teaching preparation: tape recorder
Step 1. lead-in
1) write the title on the blackboard: How many people are there in your family? 2) Ask this question in the class, call a student to answer it, then look at activity 1.
“This is Tony’s family, please find out who is his father, mother, uncle…” 3) After a few minutes, teacher call a student to tell his/her answers. Step 2. listen and check (Activity 2)
Listen to the tape, let students check in Activity 1 the people Tony mentions,
then check up.(采用全班活动的方式教学)
Step 3. listen and read
1) play the tape in the class about Activity 3. let students fill in the blanks in
Listen to the tape for two times, then call a student to tell his answers. 2) look at the dialogue in Activity 3. let students read the dialogue and finish the
3) After a few minutes, call a students to fill in the blacks on the blackboard. 4) Let students read the dialogue, find out the difficulties, talk about them in their
groups, then go through in the class.
How many + n. …
There are/is …
have got = have eg.
I have a sister. = I have got a sister.
疑；Have you got a sister?
否；I haven’t got any sisters.
单三；He has got a brother.
Do the exercises in the paper
Give students some time to read the dialogue, then check up in the class. Step 4. Pronunciation
1) play the tape, let students read after the tape. (在读之前;教师要先纠正学生口
2) call some students to read them in the class.
Step 5 Work in pairs (Activity 6)
Make dialogues in pairs, then check up in the class.
Homework: do the exercises in the paper
How many people are there in your family