WILDERNESS HOTEL & GOLF RESORT FACT SHEET
The Wilderness Hotel & Golf Resort, America’s premier waterpark resort offers the perfect
location for any fun-filled family getaway.
All of its indoor and outdoor waterparks are exclusively for resort guests. In addition, hotel
guests receive discounted golf rates, and a complimentary shuttle service is available to take
guests wherever they want to go on resort grounds. Guests can also sign up for a frequent stay
Perks program for special offers.
The resort is divided into two areas — the New Frontier region and the Wild West region.
The New Frontier region, or eastern portion of the resort closest to Hwy. 12, includes:
• The New Frontier lobby area for hotel guests, The Wild Canyon Café family-style restaurant,
Tommy Knockers Watering Hole, and the General Store
• Klondike Kavern indoor waterpark
• Wild WaterDome indoor waterpark
• New Frontier outdoor waterpark
• 281 guest rooms
• A sauna and fitness center
• Five meeting rooms
The Wild West region, or western portion of the resort behind the parking lot, includes:
• The Wild West lobby area for condominium, villa and cabin guests, the Trading Post Gift Shop
and the O.P. Marketplace convenience store
• Wild West indoor waterpark, opened February 2003, featuring 70,000 square feet of water fun
• Dodge ‘Em City, a 30,000-square-foot indoor play park featuring Timberland Playhouse, the ?Dell’s first maximum ballocity, four-story dry foam (think Nerf) playhouse. It features a ball
fountain which shoots hundreds of balls into the air, 12 mounted foam ball blasters, over 10 slides,
twisting and turning crawl space, and a special toddler play area with soft foam crawl animals.
• A rock climbing wall
• The Northern Lights Arcade
? The Thirsty Buffalo Saloon, a sports bar located on the mezzanine level of the Wild West
? The Giddy Up Pub
? Pistol Pete’s Beans & Ice Cream
? Lake Wilderness outdoor waterpark
? Three meeting rooms, which can be combined into one large room ? A fitness center
? Mackinac Tap & Snack Shack
? 162 guest rooms
For golfing enthusiasts the Wilderness Hotel & Golf Resort is building a new championship,
Glacier Canyon Golf Club which will open in summer 2007. Nine-holes of the resort’s current
course, Wilderness Woods will remain open during the summer of 2006.
In addition to 443 standard hotel guest rooms, resort accommodations also include 76
condominiums, 40 vacation villas and 35 cabins.
LAKE WILDERNESS OUTDOOR WATERPARK:
This 40,000-square-foot outdoor waterpark located behind the Wild West Region of the
• Lake Wilderness, a 13,000-square-foot outdoor pool with built-in lounging ridge
• A 300-foot tube slide
• A 220-foot body slide with plunge pool
• Two, 100-foot speed slides with plunge pool
• A lap pool
• An indoor/outdoor spa
• A children’s wading pool with hands-on water activity island and spray features
• Mackinac Snack Shack serving up convenience foods, snacks and beverages
• 9 high-end cabanas along the edge of the New Frontier Waterpark are available for rent. They
offer guests the opportunity for private seating, TV viewing, towel service and food and
NEW FRONTIER OUTDOOR WATERPARK:
This 95,000-square-foot outdoor waterpark located in the New Frontier Region of the
hotel, features includes:
• A 600-foot lazy river
• A 200-foot tube slide and a 400-foot tube slide
• A kiddie area with 50 hands-on play-and-spray features and smaller slides
• Outdoor pools and hot spa
• Over an acre of deck space with lounge chairs and tables
WILD WEST INDOOR WATERPARK:
Located in the Wild West Region of the hotel, the Wild West 70,000-square-foot indoor
waterpark opened February 28, 2003. It includes:
• The CannonBowl, this outrageously fun tube slide takes two guests on an exciting tunnel ride
before they race into a huge bowl where they spin around and descend into a corkscrew that
center that drops them down into a landing pool.
• The Surge, the Midwest’s only interactive indoor wave pool where people can relax and ride the waves until a buzzer sounds and water commotion rages. Then, spectators on the pool’s
deck can shoot water cannons and explode geysers with gallons of water onto unsuspecting
guests in the pool.
• The Fantastic Voyage, the Dells’ only five-person raft ride that takes guests on an exciting journey through twisting and turning tunnel ways together. When the ride is completed, a
conveyor belt system returns the huge raft to the top of the ride so all you need to do is walk
back to the beginning for more back fun!
• Ransack Ridge, a six-level, free-standing play feature which is the largest of its kind ever to be
created by NBGS International, makers of fine waterpark equipment. It features a 750-gallon
car-tipping bucket, the largest ever created, that spills water every 3 minutes. Water blasters,
animated targets and various water jets, all in a Wild West theme, add to the excitement of this
intensely fun new waterpark.
• The Thirsty Buffalo Bar and Grille
• Kodiak Kanteen offering convenience foods, snacks and beverages
KLONDIKE KAVERN INDOOR WATERPARK:
Located in the New Frontier Region of the hotel, this 65,000-square-foot indoor waterpark
was designed to allow parents to easily keep an eye on their children and enjoy themselves as
well. It features:
• The Hurricane, the Dells’ tallest indoor 4-person, family raft ride which plummets 58 feet before dropping thrill-seekers into a funnel where they spin around and then splash into a landing pool
• A 400-foot lazy river
• Two, 500-foot tube rides
• Gold Mine Mountain, a 45-foot-high kids’ activity area with 60 hands-on play-and-spray
features, four smaller slides, waterfalls, a suspension bridge and more.
• Indoor/outdoor pool
• Indoor/outdoor hot springs
• Plenty of lounging space, patio furniture and televisions
• OK Corral Lazer Tag Arena in the upper deck region
• Kodiak Kanteen offering convenience foods, snacks and beverages
WILD WATERDOME INDOOR WATERPARK – NOW OPEN
Located in the New Frontier Region of the hotel, the new Wild Waterdome 68,000-
square-foot indoor waterpark features an amazing, state-of-the-art Foil Tec roof that actually
allows guests to tan indoors year-round and for plants to grow inside. The new roof is also very
energy efficient and it is anticipated to save the resort over $16,000 a month in utility fees
compared to the resort’s other two indoor waterparks.
This fun waterpark is home to:
• The nation’s largest indoor wave pool, The Great Wave, measuring 15,450 square feet this
unbelievably cool attraction is capable of generating waves up to 4 feet tall
• A 2,150 sq. ft. play lagoon
• The Dueling Mammoths, a high-energy family tube ride that families will race down to
compete for prizes.
? 9 “cave-themed” private cabanas available for rent
? Plenty of deck space for kicking back, relaxing and catching a few rays
? Wooly’s Eatery offering convenience foods, snacks and beverages
? Survivors serving up great beverages and Mexican food in the mezzanine level.
GUEST ROOM AMENITIES:
• In-room refrigerator, microwave and color TV
• Private deck or balcony
• Hairdryers and coffeemakers
• Select rooms feature hide-a-bed sofas, fireplaces, wet bars or whirlpools
The resort has 40 vacation villas available for rent subject to availability. Each 2,000-
square-foot, log-themed villa sleeps up to 8 people and includes:
? Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room with gas fireplace, dining room and fully
equipped kitchen with all appliances, washer and dryer, and cooking utensils
? Two-person whirlpool in the upstairs bathroom
? Full access to all resort amenities
The resort has 76 Frontier condos available for rent, subject to availability. The Frontier
four-condo units border the Little Links Course. • Each 2,300-square-foot unit sleeps up to 14 people features three or four bedrooms, three
bathrooms, and living and dining areas • Three other units feature the Wilderness’ classic “Townhouse” style, offering two bedrooms and
two bathrooms, as well as living and dining areas • All feature a full range of appliances and guests have full access to all resort amenities
CABINS & RETREATS:
The resort has 19 four- and five-bedroom cabins & retreats available to rent, subject to
availability. Each is fully furnished and ranges in size from 3,120-4,350 square feet. They also
feature four bathrooms, a four-person hot tub, family room with fireplace, and deck overlooking
Wilderness Woods Golf Course. Select four bedroom condos also include Home Entertainment
Centers complete with a 120” movie screen with front projection television system, Dolby Digital
Surround sound System, DVD player.
In the summer 2005, the resort unveiled 16 rustic, yet beautiful, 1,300-square-foot cabins
to its line-up of great lodging options. Each cabin is fully-furnished, and has three bedrooms plus
kids’ cabin bunks, two bathrooms, a living room with sofa sleeper, fireplace, large outdoor deck,
full kitchen, dining area, living room with cathedral ceilings, entertainment room with big screen
TV and sitting area and Jacuzzi.
All cabins are located deep in the woods — a complimentary shuttle is available to transport guests to the main resort. All cabin guests have full access to all resort amenities.
WILDERNESS ON THE LAKE UNITS:
In July 2003, the resort opened Wilderness on the Lake, a premier 108-unit condominium complex overlooking beautiful Lake Delton. Each two- and three-bedroom unit is fully-furnished in rich hues and fine tapestries, and includes a four-season patio with four-person hot tub.
The facility also has its own indoor/outdoor waterpark, infinity pool with vanishing edge,
sand beach and full access to all resort amenities.
GLACIER CANYON LODGE UNITS:
In July 2006, the resort opened Wilderness on the Lake, a premier 224-unit condominium resort which connects to the main Wilderness resort via a fully-enclosed walkway. The upscale
facility offers double queen guest rooms as well as 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom fully-furnished units.
The facility also has its own 3.2 acre Lost World outdoor waterpark and full access to all
SARENTO’S ITALIAN RESTAURANT & PIZZERIA:
This fantastic Italian restaurant features everything from pizza to pasta, as well as veal,
chicken and steak entrees, all served with impeccable service. The restaurant has one of the
area’s largest selections of fines wines with 70 percent being Italian and the rest consisting of
noteworthy California and French labels.
The restaurant is a partnership between Wilderness co-owner, Tom Lucke, the Field
brothers of Field’s at the Wilderness; and Nicholas Nickolas, the owner of 2 Sarento’s Italian
restaurants in Hawaii as well as a variety of Famous Nick’s Fish Markets throughout the United
FIELD’SAT THE WILDERNESS PREMIER STEAK HOUSE:
Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright protégé James Dresser, and operated by Robert John
Field and Tim Field, this fine dining establishment offers exquisite food in an elegant yet relaxed
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel food critic Dennis Getto said, “With its great design and
convenient location, Field’s at the Wilderness has the potential to become one of Wisconsin’s
• Menu featuring prime cuts of steak, chops and fresh grilled seafood, along with fabulous appetizers.
Entrée prices range from $16.95 to $43.95.
• Display kitchen with a copper-covered, wood burning oven
• A mahogany wine case displaying over 150 varieties of fine wine • Three stone-hearth fireplaces
• A 36-foot atrium and large windows overlooking Wilderness Woods golf course
• Bar and lounge with stage area for live entertainment • Four private rooms with seating from eight to 80 • Reservations recommended — (608) 253-1400
WILD CANYON CAFÉ:
This rustic-themed family restaurant is located off the New Frontier lobby area. The 240-seat restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in a unique “wilderness” atmosphere.
MONK’S BAR & GRILL:
A fun sports bar which features amazing classic and gourmet burgers, as well as specialty
sandwiches, salads and delicious entrées.
The major owners are cousins Tom Lucke, Tim Lucke, Pat Helland and Pete Helland, Jr. A small
private group of Dells-area investors are also affiliated with the property.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Joe Eck, Director of Sales and Marketing Heidi Fendos, PR Counsel
Wilderness Hotel & Golf Resort Fendos PR Consulting
511 E. Adams Street, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 8509 Jackson Park Blvd.
(608) 253-4599 or email@example.com Wauwatosa, WI 53226
(414) 778-0766 or firstname.lastname@example.org