Topic Thirteen Health
必备词汇: health, unhealthy, fit, disease, illness, sick, fight against diseases, cancer, headache, overweight, mental, physical, treatment, recover from, be infected with(被感染), be addicted to, addiction, drugs, medicine, stressful, stress, sleepless, tired, tiredness, energetic, the disabled, junk food, green food, organic food, genetic food, health care, physical exercise, life style, fall ill, keep fit, be in a good mood, relieve the stress
1. In order to fight against,we need to make more efforts to do something „„
2. It is estimated that about 39.5% children are infected with„
3. Different People have different opinions about which is more important,
wealth or health?
4. Some people prefer wealth, holding that„
5. Once health is lost, it is no use doing something…
6. As far as I’m concerned, I love„but I value „more.
7. It is not wise to achieve wealth at the cost of our health.
8. Without health, everything else, including our wealth, becomes meaningless.
9. Nothing can compensate for( the loss of health. 弥补！
10. It is a common phenomenon that many students are addicted to online games, which produces a negative influence on their academic performance.
Topic Fourteen Weather
climate, pleasant weather, atmosphere, rain, storm, rainstorm, rainforest, adequate rainfall , rainbow, thunder, lightning, snow, snowfall, foggy, wind, icy,
rainy, cloudy, clear, frost, freeze, hail, hot, cold, warm, cool, wet, dry, dried up, drought, flood, temperature, intense heat, global warming, weather forecast, heavy rain, hurricane, typhoon, artificial rain(人工降雨), water crisis
1. As long as we make joint efforts, we may manage to stop„ from„
2. To stop global warming, we should make immediate and continual efforts„
3. By limiting private cars, we can reduce our contribution to global warming
while creating a stronger, healthier and more secure nation.
4. „has received 25% less rain than normal.
Topic Fifteen Entertainment and sports
必备词汇: performance, attend a party, an English evening, join the club, on a summer camp, go camping, go to the theatre/cinema, go dancing, ice-skating, go skating, soccer, rugby, badminton, baseball, bungee jumping, diving, surfing, wrestling, walking, jogging, boxing, cycling, play chess, hiking, champion,
stadium, gym, do exercise, do/have sports, swimming pool, Yoga 必备句型
1. It is reported that about 2,000 athletes from different countries will attend
the 11th Asian Games to be held in …
2. Some people like jogging for the simple reason that„
3. It’s essential for us to keep healthy both physically and psychologically.
4. In my opinion, we shouldn’t do„just for our own benefit.
5. We should take…seriously, focusing on…
6. It’s really important to make it a natural part of our life to do sports in our
7. It’s necessary for us to make it a habit/a rule to do …
8. It must be pointed out that people are paying much more
attention to health nowadays.
9. We should always keep it in mind that …
10. It is true that entertainment also contributes to a better state of mind.
Topic Sixteen Travel and transport
必备词汇: a seaside city, capital, important center for industry„ politics,
economy, economic, culture, cultural, location, be located/situated in/on„ main
language, famous sights, places of interest, climate, scenery, by bus/tube/subway,
underground, on foot, by train, flight No. 321, a traffic jam, a road accident, traffic
light, show sb.
around, turn right/left, give sb. a lift, ask for a lift, pick sb. up 必备句型:
square kilometers… 1. The city has a population/an area of „
..is a seaside city with a population of.., covering an area of…
a large/small population
2. It is located in/on/ near…
Located/Situated in the south of China, Guangdong enjoys a pleasant climate,
neither too cold nor too hot.
3. The history of the city dates back to/goes back to„years ago… has a long
history of… with a long history…
The history of the city dates from Tang Dynasty.
4. Famous sights in the city include…as well as…
There are some places of interest in the city, including…
There are many wonderful sights in the city,„ included.
5. It has a pleasant climate with plenty of sunshine and the
average temperature is …
The climate here is warm in winter and cool in summer. 6. Because of its sound public transportation system, it is
convenient and easy for us to travel between… and…
7. With the development of modern science and technology, the transportation and
communication facilities have greatly improved.
8. Traveling abroad or within one’s country brings many invaluable benefits as well as broadening one’s horizon.
9. From my point of view, modern transportation is a double-edged sword. On one
hand, it provides conveniences and comforts for us„on the other hand, we can
never ignore its negative influences. For example, it damages our environment…
10. There is no better way other than improving technology and raising people’s
awareness of safety so that we can make the most of modern transportation. Topic Seventeen: Language learning
必备词汇: spelling, pronunciation, grammar, article, obtain, grasp(领会，掌握)
learn„by heart, memorize, recite, recitation, oral language, spoken language, body language, appreciation of the language, translate„into, explain sth. to sb., give sb.
an explanation, stress(强调), vocabulary, native speaker, mother tongue, fluency, accuracy, input(), output, dictionary, proficiency(), influent, expression, 输入熟练
with an accent, translation, translator, describe sth. vividly, describeas „„
1. The more you practice, the better your English will be.
2. What we are supposed to do is to learn to appreciate„
3. I don’t think it makes any sense to do…
4. Learning something in the absence of„is very difficult.
5. It is recommended that students practice speaking whenever possible, as the saying goes, “Practice makes perfect”.
6. Knowing sth about the culture will guarantee a better comprehension while
reading in English.
7. It is well worth our extra efforts to learn by heart. „
8. Having 15 minutes of extra-curricular study a day can really improve ourselves.
9.Never hesitate to turn to others when we have questions.
10. It is commonly believed that the cultural background is an essential part in one’s language learning.
11. It will definitely do us good to communicate with others more frequently.
12. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes while speaking English.