Unit 6 How long have you been collecting shells? 第一卷，
， ！1. (When did you get your first pair of skates?
A. For 6 years B. Since I was 7 years old.
C. When I was 7 years old. D. Since 6 years ago. ， ！2. He raised ______ for the charity to help the poor children.
A. thousand of dollars B. thousand of dollar
C. thousands of dollars D. thousands of dollar ， ！3. (______ does the first class begin? (At 7:40.
A. How long B. Where
C. When D. How
， ！4. Mr. Smith _______ here for about two hours.
A. has left B. left from
C. went away from D. has been away from ， ！5. _____ of them has an English dictionary.
A. Every B. All . Both D. Each ， ！6. ______ is really hard _______ them to climb up the mountain at night.
A. This, to B. It, for C. This, for D. It, to ， ！7. Signs can been seen on the road. _______ can people see them?
A. Where else place B. Where place else
C. Where else D. Anywhere
， ！8. (Who cleaned the blackboard yesterday, Dick? (John ______.
A. cleaned B. does C. did D. is ， ！9. Do you know _______ over there?
A. What happens B. What was happened
C. What is happening D. What did happen ， ！10. I’m waiting for my friend. If he _______, I will go swimming alone.
A. doesn’t come B. won’t come
C. will come D. is coming
Linda has brought all her books home today. After lunch she puts the 1 out
on the table and begins to do the homework for each subject. She begins with math. She finds that she has no 2 . She looks for it everywhere, but doesn’t find it.
After a little while, she doesn’t feel comfortable 3 . She moves to the sofa with
all her books. Now the sunlight from the window shines 4 . She moves back to
the table. She has made a good start on her 5 when she stops to listen to her
mother talking on the telephone. When she comes back to her work, her little sister Betty asks her for some 6 . Betty joins her at the table and begins to draw a horse. Linda has to 7 her. When they have finished, both go to the 8 . Linda eats
some cakes there and brings a tin Coca Cola to her table. She says to herself, “I’ll finish my English exercises 9 at school before classes start ” Then she starts to review her history lesson, but she feels 10 . She doesn’t know what she is reading.
She closes her books and goes to bed.
1. A. balls B. books C. toys D. pictures
2. A. cake B. water C. ruler D. bag
3. A. on the floor B. near the window C. on the table D. in the chair
4. A. on the door B. on the walls C. on her feet D. in her eyes
5. A. English B. Chinese C. history D. math
6. A. money B. paper C. sweets D. apples
7. A. pull B. help C. listen to D. write to
8. A. bedroom B. bathroom C. classroom D. kitchen
9. A. today B. tomorrow C. this evening D. this afternoon 10. A. cold B. sorry C. tired D. hungry III. 阅读理解
The word hobby is an interesting word. Every person has one thing he or she likes to do for fun ，娱乐！. Some people like to collect ，收集！things like stamps
or story books. Others like to play football or go window shopping where you can look at many beautiful things without buying them.
I have many hobbies I do for fun. I sometimes play golf with my sons. I play tennis with all the family. I like to collect music books. I also collect musical instruments ，乐器！from China like the erhu, the dizi, the xiao, the suona, and the
pipa. These are the instruments of China which cannot be found in America.
My favourite hobby is fishing. I like to go and see my brother in the state ，州！
of Alaska where fishing is wonderful. The two of us take a boat and go to the small river where we fish for salmon, America’s most famous fish.
， ！1. The word “hobby” means _______.
A. collecting stamps
B. playing tennis with your friends
C. something you enjoy doing in your free time
D. something you can see at the window shopping
， ！2. What’s the writer’s most liked hobby?
A. Playing golf with his son.
C. Collecting Chinese musical instruments.
D. Collecting music books.
， ！3. Salmon is _______.
A. a river where people can go fishing
B. a town near Alaska
C. a kind of instrument
D. a kind of fish
The following rules are for life and work in Belleyboys School. Please read them carefully.
1. Stand up when a teacher or a visitor goes into the room.
2. You must be in a classroom or other study places during lesson time.
3. Arrive in time for the start of each lesson with the things you need so that you are ready to start work.
4. Wear smart, clean clothing. Hair must be clean and tidy; extreme colours and styles are not allowed. Long hair must be tied back neatly.
5. Do not leave school if you are not allowed.
6. Food and drink must not be taken out from the dining room.
7. All medicines must be given by the school doctor.
8. Radios and personal computers may only be used in dormitory houses where the
house rules allow. They are not allowed in classes or in the library.
1. You must be only in a classroom during lesson time.
2. Long hair must be tied back neatly.
3. Personal computers can be used in the library.
Reading newspapers has become an important part of everyday life. Some people read newspapers as the first thing to do in the morning; others read newspapers as soon as they have free time during the day so that they can learn what is happening in the world.
Sometimes, we do not have enough time to read all the news carefully, so we just take a quick look at the front page. At other times, we may be in such a hurry that we only have a few minutes to look at the names of the passages.
Newspapers can be found everywhere in the world. We can get many different kinds of newspapers in big cities, but in some mountain villages we can see few newspapers.
Some newspapers are published ，出版！once a week, but most of the papers are
published once a day with many pages, some even published twice a day! You know different people enjoy reading different newspapers. Some like world news, and others prefer short stories. They just choose what they are interested in.
Today newspapers in English have the largest number of readers ，读者！in the
world. The English language is so popular that many Chinese students are reading English newspapers such as China Daily and 21st Century. They bring us more and more messages together with the Internet.
1. Reading newspapers is the most important part of life for everybody. ， ！
2. Usually we do not read all the passages in newspapers. ， ！
3. People in some mountain villages can see many kinds of newspapers. ， ！
4. Different people like to read different newspapers. ， ！
5. We can get more and more messages in English newspapers together with the
Internet. ， ！
1.How long have you been c_______ shells?
2.Was this your first skating m__________? 3.When did you get your first p_______of skates? 4.I p___________love globes with animals.
5.Although I am new,I have s_________friends here . 6.In Australia,students usually study A__________and western history.
7.There is some European i________in the city . 8.Our class is organizing a talent show to r______money for charity.
1. Thanks for ______，send！me the snow globe.
2. I have live in this apartment since I ______，come！to China.
3. What’s the ______，common！hobby?
4. I’m quite ______，interest！in the writer job.
5. They _______，watch！a video when I arrived there.
6. He _______，write！the letter to his pen pal since 9:00 a.m.
7. The more I learn about Chinese history, the more I enjoy _______，read！history
8. How long has he _______(be)in the army so far?
9. I think she’s good at _______，skate！and she’s an excellent _______，skate！.
10. They said they _______，raise！money for charity the next week. III. 根据句意用for或since填空。
1. It’s ten years ______ we met each other last time.
2. He has taught English _______ 25 years.
3. The Greens have lived on the farm ______ 1990.
4. They have been practicing the guitar _______ two hours.
5.(How long have you been a reporter?
(_____ 8 years ago.
6. I haven’t gone for a walk in the park ________ a long time.
7. He’s been collecting stamps _______ he was in primary school.
8. Peter has been to summer camp ________ 3 times. IV. 根据汉语提示完成下列句子。
Children are very ____ _____ ______ computer games.
Yesterday I bought _____ _____ _____ sports shoes.
I can’t afford to buy the dictionary, because I have ____ _____ ____ my money.
Thanks a lot for ______ ______ the beautiful ______.
I have been listening to music ______ ______ ______ _______ old.
She ______ ______ to Beijing twice.
Do you like _____ ________?
How long ____ _____ _____ skating today? V. .给下列会话选出最佳答案
Li Fang: Hi, Wang Hai! It’s a long time since we met last. (1)_____
Wang Hai: I’ve been to Kunming with my friends.
Li: (2) _____
Wang: Yes, of course. And we saw many kinds of flowers there. (3) _____
Li: Did you meet any foreign visitors?
Wang: Yes, a lot. And I talked with some of them.
Li: (4) _____
Wang: They said we were very friendly.
Li: (5) _____
Wang: The delicious food and the places of interest.
A. What did they say about Chinese people?
B. You’ve just come back, haven’t you?
C. Did you have a good journey?
D. What did they like best about China?
E. Where have you been?
F. There were many foreigners, too.
G. All of them were very beautiful. VI；书面表达
III、阅读理解，一！CBD ，二！FTF ，三！FTFFT
sending, came, most common, interested, were watching, has been writing, reading,
been, skating, skater, would raise
since, for, since, for, since, for, since, for IV. 根据汉语提示完成下列句子。
1. interested in playing
2. a pair of
3. run out of
4. sending me, stamps
5. since I was seven years
6. has been 7. collecting stamps
8. has she been
V.给下列会话选出最佳答案 1~5 ECGAD VI.书面表达，，略！