Unit 5 Vocabulary and Structure
1. She sings well because she has a beautiful ___C_____.
A. noise B. sound C. voice D. noisy
2. With many children around her, the old lady never feels __B______.
A. lone B. lonely C. alone D. lonesome
3. We will firmly carry out the Party’s ___A_____.
A. instructions B. productions C. constructions D. destructions 4. In dry season, we are warned _____D___ fire.
A. for B. on C. with D. against
5. They will ______B__ their children by never blaming them for their mistakes.
A. destroy B. spoil C. harm D. hurt
6. The tomato juice left brown _____A___ on the front of my jacket.
A. stain B. point C. track D. trace
7. You are late for work again this week. I’ll hear no more ___C_____.
A. reasons B. cause C. excuses D. because
8. According to Mary’s impression, the whole trip to Beijing was quite _____D___.
A. pleased B. pleasure C. pleasing D. pleasant
9. Don’t _____A__. I will get Jason for you right now.
A. hang up B. hang out C. hang on D. hang over
10. Can you _____C___ me ________ to this number?
A. put… off B. put… down C. put… through D. put… up
11. When the peacock appeared in the garden, it __B______ its beautiful fan proudly.
A. showed B. displayed C. performed D. appeared
12. Every classroom is equipped ______D__ multi-media in this high school.
A. in B. for C. to D. with
13. Shirley ____D___ a book about China last year but I don’t know whether she has finished it.
A. has written B. wrote C. had written D. was writing
14. He asked me _____A___ for the coming summer holidays.
A. where I would go B. where would I go
C. where I will go D. where will I go
15. Jack saw me and came _____C___ towards me.
A. to run B. run C. running D. ran
16. If I hadn’t stood under the ladder to catch you when you fell, you ____A____ now.
A. wouldn’t be smiling B. couldn’t have smiled
C. won’t smile D. didn’t smile
17. I was advised to arrange for insurance ____C____ I needed medical treatment.
A. nevertheless B. although C. in case D. so that
18. Fifteen miles ____B____ like a long distance to me.
A. is seem B. seems C. seem D. is seemed
19. Your father used to swim in winter, ___B_____ ?
A. did he B. didn’t he C. used he D. not used he
20. In some parts of the world, tea _____D___ with milk and sugar.
A. is serving B. serves C. served D. is served
Key: 1~5 CBADB 6~10 ACDAC 11~15 BDDAC 16~20 ACBBD