Unit 13 Exercise
1. Thank you, but I’ll have to ________ your offer.
A. turn away B. turn down C. turn back D. turn off
2. Weather report says that tomorrow will ______ cloudy.
A. turn into B. turn over C. turn to D. turn out
3. Because the hall was full, thousands of fans were _____, and they left, disappointed.
A. turned out B. turned away C. turned in D. turned over
4. Don’t you believe it! Glass can steel in many ways in life.
A. take place of B. take the place of C. in place of D. instead of 5. ----When did the concert ? ---Well, two or three years ago?
A. happen B. take place C. hold D. start
6. I passed by the sports field the other day, _____ there was a football match going on then.
A. that B. where C. which D. when
7. _______ for money for drug, the crazy young man robbed the women passing the dark narrow lane.
A. Be desperate B. Desperate C. Desperated D. Being desperate
8. Mr . Wang is to our English evening .
A；more pleased than to come B；more pleased to come than
C；more than pleased to come D；pleased to come more than
9. 1) The flower is very beautiful. And it smells ____.
2) We can guess from her pleased face that ____ news was really a pleasure to her.
A. pleasant B. pleased C. please D. pleasing 10. ---Thanks for your trouble. ---Not at all. I’m _____ pleased to help you.
A. too much B. too only C. so much D. only too
11. —I suppose all the students went to the museum this afternoon.
—I’m afraid not. They went to the net bar instead.
A；almost B；nearly C；mostly D；most
12. I’m _______Chinese and I do feel ______Chinese language is ____most beautiful language .
A. /, the, a B. a, /, the C. a, the, / D. a, /, a 13. What interested you ____ at the exhibition is the iceboat.
A. mostly B. best C. most D. almost 14. It is said that only a few people were killed in the fire(and _____ were saved；
A；whom B；most C；most of them D；most of whom
15. Don't while
A.cut in; speaking to B.break i
16. People may have different opinions about Karen , but I admire her . , she is a great
A；After all B；As a result C；In other words D；as usual
17. She told me she hadn’t enjoyed the film, but I decided to go and see it _____.
A. after all B. in all C. all the same D. above all
18. I ______ him to give up that foolish idea, but he said he wanted to have a try.
A. persuaded B. didn't try to persuade C. tried to persuade D. didn't persuade
19. Without the support of family, the teenage boy had no choice but _____ home.
A. leave B. to leave C. leaving D. left
20. —Which turning should I take to the Capital Building(Madam?
—I’m sorry( I’m a stranger here myself；
A；不填 B；and C；but D；then
21. Such ________ the case, I couldn't help but________ him.
A. being; support B. is; to support C. has been; supporting D. be; supported
22. With her hair _____, there could be no use for the comb.(梳子).
A. going B. gone C. goes D. to go
23. With time __________, our friendship gets deeper and deeper.
A. going by B. to go by C. gone by D. goes by 24. The girl in the snapshot was smiling sweetly, ___________.
A. her long hair was flowing in the breeze B. her long hairs were flowing in the breeze
C. her long hair flowing in the breeze D. her long hair flowed in the breeze 25. He was _______ failing to keep an eye on the production process and became the first laid-off
manager in the history of the corporation.
A. charged for B. accused of C. abused by D. blamed
26. Sandy could do nothing but ___ to his teacher that he was wrong.
A admit B admitted C admitting D to admit
27. Victor apologized for ___ to inform me of the change in the plan.
A his being not able B him not to be able C his not being able D him to be not able 28. Sandy could do nothing but ___ to his teacher that he was wrong.
A admit B admitted C admitting D to admit
29. If you want to know the train schedule, please ______ at the booking office.
A. acquire B. inquire C. request D. require
30. A violent crime was _____ every 32 seconds in this area of the city last year.
A. committed B. found C. sentenced D. made
1. We thought of selling this old furniture, but we’ve decided to____it. It might be valuable.
A. hold on to B. keep up with C. turn to D. look after
2. When the Emperor walked in the street, bare bodied, the ____child let out a cry.
A. puzzling B. puzzled C. puzzle D. having puzzled
3. I have read the material several times but it doesn’t make any _______.\
A. meaning B. importance C. sense D. significance
4. Was___that I saw last night at the concert?
A. it you B. not you C. you D. that yourself
5. ____is it___has made Peter___he is today?
A. What; that; that B. That; that; what C. What; what; that D. What; that; what 6. The students, ________ at the way the questions were put, didn’t know the answer to them.
A. surprising B. surprised C. being surprised D. having surprised 7. The person ______ just now is an old classmate of mine.
A. took us by surprise B. taken by surprise
C. was taken in surprise D. who was taken surprisedly
8. The twins are so much alike that their own mother can hardly_______.
A. tell them apart B. tell apart them C. say them apart D. say apart them 9. The family were so pleased when the long-lost jewels____.
A. was come to light B. went to light C. was going to light D. came to light 10. In recent years travel companies have succeeded in selling us the idea that the further we go,
A. our holiday will be better B. our holiday will be the better
C. the better our holiday will be D. the better will our holiday be 11. As far as I am concerned, education is about learning and the more you learn, _________.
A. the more for life are you equipped B. the more equipped for life you are
C. the more life you are equipped for D. you are equipped the more for life 12. This problem may lead to more serious ones if unsolved；
A；making B；remained C；keeping D；left
----You’ve made great progress in your studies of English, haven’t you? 13.
---- Yes, but much ______.
A. remains to do B. is remained to do C. remains to be done D. is remained to be done 14. The __________ question for him is to ________ whether bees could tell each other the exact
position of a feeding place.
A. remaining; find out B. remained; find out C. remaining; find D. remained; look for 15. Many endangered animals, such as the Malayan sun bear, _____ in danger of dying out.
A. remain B. remains C. are remained D. is remained
16. The look on his face suggested that he that.
A. surprising， had expected B. surprised， hadn' t expected
C. surprising， would expect D. surprised， didn't expect
17.Two thousand years ago silk was traded along ______ is called the Silk Road.
A. which B. what C. that D. where 18.——“What do you think of chemistry?”——“In my opinion, chemistry is ______ physics.”
A. a subject so difficult as B. a subject as difficult as
C. as a difficult subject as D. difficult as a subject as 19.Though _____ danger, he still went swimming in that river.
A. warning by B. warned of C. being warned by D. having warned of 20. After working round the clock for three days, his strength seemed to have ________.
A. given out B. given off C. used up D. run up
21.I usually enjoys these dinners, unless I have to make a speech, in _____ case I worry throughout
the meal. A. that B. this C. which D. any
22.________ did the students realize they were mistaken.
A. It was until B. It was not until then C. Not until then D. Not until 23.All of us suggest ____ you have devoted yourself ____ kept track.
A. what; to is B. all that; to be C. all; should to be D. what; should be 24.With precise details ______to light, the sale situation of the company is improving.
A. to be thrown B. having come C. to come D. throwing 25. The husband rushed to the hospital ____ he heard that his wife was injured.
A. at the moment B. for the moment C. the moment D. in a moment 26. ——“You haven’t lost the ticket, have you?”
——“________. I know it’s not easy to get another one at the moment.”
A. I hope not B. Yes, I have C. I hope so D. Yes, I’m afraid so
27.——“I’d like to take a chance and run a business. Would you tell me something about the local
A. No problem B. Better play it safe C. Do as you please D. Think nothing of it. 28. He _____ me by his appearance.
A. astonished B. astonishing C. astonishment D. astonish 29. As the plane was getting ready to take off, we all _____ our seat belts.
A. tied B. attached C. fastened D. bound 30 ._____ attentively in class, _____you won’t be able to understand ____ the teacher says.
A. Listening; and; that B. Listen; or; what C. Listen to; and; that D. To listen; than; all that 用动词的适当形式填空
1.______！use，your head(and you will have an idea.
2.He is an old man who is stubborn in ______！accept，new thought.
3.The murderer was brought in with his hands ______！tie，back.
4.We have missed the bus.I’m afraid that we have no choice but to ______！take，a
5.He wanted to do what he could ______！help，those who are in trouble.
6.He is said ______！write，two books about his childhood in the past two years.
7.This is one of the problems ______！discuss，at the meeting next week.
8.The students are busy ______！prepare，for the final examination.
9.We must do everything we can to keep the river from ______！pollute，.
10.To improve our English(we must practice ______！read，every morning.
1.It was 10 o’clock that he received the letter from his girlfriend.
2.The door is closed.There is nothing to do but to wait for Mother. 3.This is the best gift for her in her birthday party.
4.Suddenly there was a terrible voice from a girl later at night.
5.The former president said the relation between these two countries needed improve. 6.These flowers they planted last week died for lack water.
7.You’d better wear a pair of sunglasses in order to protect you in sunlight. 8.The theory they had stuck to for many years proved wrongly.
9.Look what you have done.You would have been more careful.
1-5 BDBBB 6-10 BBCA/D D 11-15 CACBC 16-20 A A/C CBC 21-25 ABACB 26-30 ACABA
1-5 ABCAD 6-10 BBADC 11-15 BDCAA 16-20 BBBBA 21-25 CCBBC 26-30 AAACB
1. Use 2. accepting 3. tied 4. take 5. to help
6. to have written 7. to be discussed 8. preparing 9. being polluted 10. reading
1. that改为when或10 o’clock 前加at