DOC

GE minutes 140806doc - Minutes of the North Warwickshire PCT

By Micheal Weaver,2014-07-10 16:22
5 views 0
GE minutes 140806doc - Minutes of the North Warwickshire PCT ...

    Minutes of the PPI Forum George Eliot Meeting on

    th August at the George Eliot Hospital Monday 14

Present: Scott Spencer Forum Support Organisation

     Nic Pullman Forum Support Organisation

     Derek Kenny Forum Member (George Eliot)

     Eunice Rose Forum Member (George Eliot)

    David Carr Forum Member (George Eliot)

    Joan Wills Forum Member (George Eliot)

    Margaret Cooper Forum Member (George Eliot)

    Betty Rossi Joint Forum Member (North Warwickshire PCT & George Eliot)

    Shagufta Khan Forum Member (UHCW)

    Action

    i) Derek Kenny welcomed Shagufta Khan to the meeting.

    ii) Derek Kenny reminded the Forum that any queries or questions from other organisations or groups should always be forwarded to the FSO

    office and not directly to Forum Members.

    1. Apologies

     a) Received from Reg Wilkes and Karyn Beale.

     b) Scott Spencer informed the Forum that Ben Jones had resigned and read

    out a letter as requested by Ben. The Forum agreed to reply to Ben thanking FMs him for all his hard work.

     2. Notes of the last meeting -

     a) Paragraph 3b) should read ‘David Carr’ not ‘David Car’. b) The Forum agreed the notes as a true record.

3. Matters arising

    a) Joan Wills informed the Forum that the Pathology Lab visits were taking thst place on Wednesday 16 August at 10am, and on Monday 21 August at

    10am.

     4. Conflicts of interest

     a) Eunice Rose stated that she is involved with the National Society for

    Research into Allergy.

    b) Betty Rossi stated that she is the chair of the Patient Participation Group for

    Dr Henderson’s surgery.

c) Betty Rossi also stated that she is the chair of governors for Weddington

     School.

     Page 1 of 4

     5. Correspondence received and meetings attended

     a) David Carr distributed a report on the hand cleansing survey that had just

    been completed. Scott Spencer added that a copy had been sent to

    Christine Longstaff to be forwarded on to the Trust Board and the Infection

    control team.

     b) Scott Spencer informed the Forum that the FSO were currently completing a

    bid to support the local PPI Forums from December 2006 until June 2007.

    c) Scott Spencer informed the Forum that the FSO had restructured and that now he was the support officer for the Forums within North Warwickshire.

     SS d) Scott Spencer informed the Forum of a meeting being held by the th September in Birmingham. Eunice Healthcare Commission on the 18

    Rose agreed to attend the meeting. Scott Spencer agreed to inform the

     Healthcare Commission.

     e) Scott Spencer informed the Forum of a chance for one representative from

    the Forum to attend a meeting in London with MPs to discuss the future of PPI. The meeting would be held sometime in October. Eunice Rose agreed

    to attend. f) Nic Pullman informed the Forum that Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council would like to discuss their community plan with the Forum. The

    Forum agreed not to invite a representative to the meeting. g) Nic Pullman informed the Forum that North Warwickshire PCT is holding its thannual health fair and annual general meeting on Saturday 16 September

    at Manor Park Community School, Nuneaton. Nic added that the North Warwickshire PCT PPI Forum would be having a stall there.

     h) Scott Spencer informed the Forum that the Commission for Patient and

    Public Involvement in Health is holding a regional meeting to discuss

    updates on the future of the PPI Forums. The meeting is to be held on the th25 September in Birmingham. Scott added that anyone wishing to attend

    should contact him.

i) Scott Spencer distributed copes of the Commission for Patient and Public

     Involvement in Health’s code of conduct. Scott added that it was for

    information only and that all Forums were receiving it.

j) David Carr informed the Forum that he would be judging a painting contest

     for the Trust crèche.

     k) The Forum discussed whether they should use the letter provided by the

    Commission for Patient and Public Involvement in Health regarding the ‘Food Watch’ campaign. The Forum agreed not to send in the letter as they

    did not like how it was written and also because they had already done work on hospital food.

     l) Shagufta Khan informed the Forum that the UHCW PPI Forum had not met

    for several months but that their next meeting would be in September. Shagufta added that the UHCW PPI Forum had three new Forum members.

     Page 2 of 4

    m) Nic Pullman informed the Forum that she had devised a new induction

    programme for Forum members and would be piloting it with the three new

     members of the UHCW Forum.

     n) Eunice Rose informed the Forum that the protected mealtimes programme

    had almost been completed. Eunice added that she had been asked by the

     Trust to shadow the shop’s trolley around the wards and with a focus on

    infection control. Eunice stated a report of her findings had been sent to Alison Draper.

     o) Derek Kenny informed the Forum that the Hospital would become smoke st of September. free from the 1 p) Derek Kenny informed the Forum that he had received a letter from Sharon Beamish, the Deputy Chief Executive of the Trust, regarding communication

    with the Forum. Derek added that starting next month he would be meeting with Sharon on a regular basis to discuss developments within the Trust.

     q) Derek Kenny informed the Forum that he had received a letter from Reg

    Wilkes regarding his role on the community engagement working group.

    Derek added that Reg was stepping down as the Forum’s representative.

    The Forum agreed not to nominate a new representative but send a

    member to each working group meeting.

r) Nic Pullman informed the Forum that the community engagement working thth group would meet on Tuesday 10 October, Tuesday 7 November and thTuesday 5 December. All the meetings will be from 2pm until 4pm and will

     be held in the SYDNI centre in Leamington Spa.

     s) Derek Kenny informed the Forum that the Trust had offered the members a

    whole day training on health and safety. The Forum agreed to attend the course. Derek Kenny stated that Anita Kane would be contacting Scott

    Spencer to make arrangements. t) Derek Kenny informed the Forum that Dr Mark Newbold, Acute Services SS Review Project Director, had asked to speak to the Forum regarding the

    Acute Services Review. The Forum agreed to hold a special meeting for this. Scott Spencer agreed to make the arrangements and let the Forum

    know. u) Joan Wills informed the Forum that the members had been asked by the Pathology service to conduct a survey in the phlebotomy department. Joan

    added that the survey would be about the patient’s experience and would be

    conducted in October.

v) Margaret Cooper informed the Forum that she had received a draft report on

    the privacy and dignity audit. Margaret asked the Forum if any members had

    heard of any issues relating to privacy and dignity. The Forum agreed that

     they had not.

     w) Betty Rossi distributed the minutes of the North Warwickshire PCT PPI thForum’s meeting held on the 14 August 2006. Betty provided a verbal

     feedback on the meeting.

    6. Response to the Acute Services Review

     Page 3 of 4

     The Forum agreed to defer this to their special meeting.

     7. Feedback from the UHCW PPI Forum

a) Shagufta Khan thanked Derek Kenny for inviting her to the meeting. Derek

    Kenny replied that she was welcome to any of their meetings.

     b) Scott Spencer informed the Forum that joint working between the George

    Eliot PPI Forum and the UHCW PPI Forum had to have a specific objective,

     a specific method, a specific time frame and had to be agreed by the

    majority of members of both Forums.

    c) Derek Kenny suggested that the George Eliot PPI Forum and the UHCW SK PPI Forum work together to look at patients’ journeys between the two

    hospitals. Shagufta Khan agreed to discuss this with the UHCW PPI Forum. SK

    d) Shagufta Khan suggested the Forums share information regarding infection

    control within the 2 Trusts. Shagufta agreed to discuss this with the UHCW

    PPI Forum.

    8. Any other business

     a) Margaret Cooper presented Derek Kenny with a leaflet on ‘sex after a

    stroke’ and asked for comments. The Forum reviewed the information within

    the leaflet. Derek provided the Forum with an update of current medical

    procedures.

    b) David Carr presented the Forum with infection control badges.

    9. Date of next meeting

     rdWednesday 23 August Special meeting with Mark Newbold (ASR Project Director)

    5.30pm 7.30pm in the conference room, next to Raveloe Restaurant, George Eliot Hospital.

     thMonday 11 September normal forum meeting

    6.30pm 8.30pm in Room 5, Hatters Space Community Centre

    thMonday 9 October normal forum meeting

    6.30pm 8.30pm in the conference room, next to Raveloe Restaurant, George Eliot

    Hospital.

     Page 4 of 4

Report this document

For any questions or suggestions please email
cust-service@docsford.com