6B Unit 2 I. Word formation (词性转换)
1. flight (n.) fly ( v. )
2. departure (n. ) opp. arrival ( adj. )
3. worry ( v. ) worry (n. ) worried ( adj. )
4.arrival (n.) arrive (v.)
II. Useful expressions ？核心词组，
1. at the airport
2. plan to do sth.
3. a silk scarf / several silk scarves 4. let me drive you to the airport 5. arrival time
6. deparutre time
7. buy sb. sth./ buy sth for sb. 8. arrive at the airport
9. Don’t worry.
10. put a name tag on the suitcase 11. write down Aunt Judy’s address
III. Language focus ？重点句型，
1. Have you … yet?
Yes, I’ve already…
No, I haven’t … yet
2. leave for
3. have to
IV. More readings？补充阅读，
Say something about your holiday plan. ; Where are your going this coming holiday? ; How are you going there?
; Why do you want to go there for a holiday?
6B Unit 2 Paper A
I. Fill the blanks with the proper words according to the given phonetic symbols.
1. Grandma has bought Aunt Judy plenty of T-shirts and ___________ / ˈsevrəl /silk scarves. 2. ____________ / haʊˈevə / they haven’t packed their suitcases yet.
3. All ____________/ ˈpæsindʒəz / must arrive at the airport two hours before the departure
4. Your / flaɪt / __________Number is MU586.
5. Have you written Aunt Judy’s ____________/ ə'dres /(
6. We have already got some US____________ˈ/ dɔləz /
7. Write a ____________/ˈtʃeklɪst /for her.
8. Where can we find a __________/ 'trɒlɪ/
? Translate the following phrases
1.洛杉矶之旅________________ 2.起飞前两小时__________________ 3，让我带你去机场 4.去另一个国家_______________
5.不得不待在那里 ___________________ 6. 到达时间 _________________ 7.足够的空间___________________ 8.几条丝巾 __________________ 9.在那里看见许多标志___________________ 10.带一个相机 ___________________ 11.拿些美元 __________________ 12.整理行李箱__________________ 13.写下朱迪阿姨的地址__________________ 14.打电话给他叔叔 __________________ 15.出差___________________ 16.把姓名牌贴在行李箱上 __________________
?. Translate the following sentences.
IV，Rewrite the sentences as required.
1. They have already packed their suitcases. (改为否定句)
They __________ packed their suitcases__________. 2. We have already brought our passports. (改为一般疑问句)
__________ you brought your passports__________? 3. Have you got your boarding cards? ？否定回答，
4. Have you put a name tag on your suitcase? (肯定回答)
6B unit 2 Paper B
I. Choose the correct words or phrases to complete the sentences. 1. __________ ( Flight / Fly ) Number CA3939 is now boarding.
2. Do you know the __________ (enter / entrance ) of the cinema? 3. When are we going to __________ (arrive / arrival ) in Hongkong? 4. Is there enough _________ (space / places ) in your suitcase? 5. Our high speed train to Xiamen __________ (leaves for / leaves ) at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow. II. Choose the best answer.
1. It’s only five minutes’ walk _________ our school to the nearest underground station.
A. at B. in C. to D. from
2. __________ do you visit your grandparents?
A. How long B. How often C. How far D. How soon 3. Let Mr. Wang ______ you to the airport tomorrow.
A. drives B. driving C. drive D. will drive 4. We plan _______ in Tokyo for three days.
A. to live B. to stay C. live D. stay
5. He has eaten _________ hamburgers, so he is full now.
A. too much B. so little C. too many D. so few 6. Young children __________ do much homework every day.