Unit 5 Problems and advice Term Two Senor One 1. the counselor’s corner
2. excerpts from the letters
3. smash to the ground
4. stop to take a look
5. question everyone
6. have a guilty conscience a clear conscience for
She gave him back the money she had stolen, for conscience’ sake.
A clear conscience makes for happiness.
I have a guilty conscience about forgetting to post your letter. 7. tough guys
8. almost empty carriage
9. tease and bully
10. do no good to be good for do good to be harmful to 11. get off
12. feel sorry for
13. hate violence violent fight against violence 14. the checkout assistant
15. an extra ten-pound note
16. discover the error
17. wait your turn It’s your turn to do sth
18. mean to do mean doing had meant to do = meant to have
19. correct the error
20. a lack of courage
21. in unexpected situation
22. the best remedy for
23. in the case of
24. persuade sb to do sth persuade sb into doing
25. contact the transport police keep in contact with make contact
make an eye contact with sb
26. watch for
27. sth belong to sb
28. suffer for our mistake suffer huge losses in the economic crisis
suffer a lot from sth
suffer from heart diseases/measles the sufferings the
29. need any more advice
30. accidentally =by accident= by chance
31. miss doing sth a missing boy = a lost boy 32. temporary/permanent temporarily/permanently 33. grumble at/about/over sth
34. hesitate to do sth = be reluctant to do sth hesitate about sth
without a moment’s hesitation
36. in case of in no case should we….. in any case in that case
In case of fire, ring the bell.
In that case, I have no more to say.
In no case are you to leave your post.
In any case I shall return in a day or two.
37. remember to do remember doing
Forget to do forget doing
Stop to do stop doing
Try to do try doing
Regret to do regret doing
Go on to do go on doing