WORD UP? QUESTIONS: LEVEL 1 - SET 1
1. What _ _ your name? (2 letters)
2. My sister works _ _ a bank. (2 letters)
3. Can you _ _ _ _ me the time, please? (4 letters)
4. I'm going to _ _ _ a movie tonight. (3 letters)
5. The time is ten minutes _ _ seven. (2 letters)
6. Do you like eating Chinese _ _ _ _ ? (4 letters)
7. Would you like tea _ _ coffee? (2 letters)
1. The opposite of 'new'. o _______
2. What can you do with a pen? w _______
3. The early part of the day. m _______
4. A place for learning. s _______
5. What do you bite food with? t _______
6. A type of fruit. a _______
7. The brother of your mother or father. u _______
1. What can you see at a zoo?
a) movies b) doctors c) animals 2. Which country has the most people?
a) India b) China c) Japan 3. "Do you like
a) reading books?" b) looking books?" c) watching books?" 4. Which is the tallest animal?
a) a horse b) an elephant c) a giraffe 5. Where are your lips?
a) under your arms b) above your eyes c) around your mouth 6. Ham is meat from
a) a cow b) a pig c) a hamster 7. West is the opposite direction to
a) east b) north c) south
WORD UP? QUESTIONS: LEVEL 1 - SET 1 ANSWERS
MISSING WORD CROSSWORD CLUES MULTIPLE CHOICE 1. is 1. old 1. c) animals 2. in / at 2. write / writing 2. b) China 3. tell / give / show 3. morning / morn 3. a) reading books?" 4. see / get / buy 4. school / schoolroom / study 4. c) a giraffe 5. to 5. teeth / tooth 5. c) around your mouth 6. food / soup / rice 6. apple / apricot / avocado 6. b) a pig 7. or 7. uncle 7. a) east
1. My brother likes buying new clothes.
2. She will come back in a minute.
3. You are very pretty.
4. You must stop your car at a red light.
5. Where did you buy that shirt?
6. What are you doing tonight?
7. Do you like listening to music?
WORD UP? QUESTIONS: LEVEL 1 - SET 2
1. The movie will _ _ _ _ _ at two o‟clock. (5 letters)
2. My dog is fat because it _ _ _ _ too much food. (4 letters)
3. What do you _ _ on Sunday afternoons? (2 letters)
4. I like listening to music very _ _ _ _. (4 letters)
5. What animals do you _ _ _ _ _ at the zoo? (3 letters)
6. How _ _ _ is Washington from New York? (3 letters)
7. Who did you send that letter _ _? (2 letters)
1. Not difficult. e _______
2. Meat from a pig. p _______
3. A small restaurant. c _______
4. The opposite of „early‟.. l _______
5. Not shut. o _______
6. What does a watch tell? t _______
7. The opposite of „to sell‟. b _______
1. New Zealand is near
a) Australia b) Austria c) Argentina 2. Which is a musical instrument?
a) a radio b) a tomato c) a piano 3. What do bees make?
a) jelly b) honey c) sandwiches 4. Spaghetti is a type of food from
a) Spain b) Greece c) Italy 5. Which can be bought in a jewellery shop?
a) a gold ring b) a gold mine c) a goldfish 6. Your brain is
a) in your foot b) in your stomach c) in your head 7. Which is a person?
a) a calendar b) a programmer c) a scanner
WORD UP? QUESTIONS: LEVEL 1 - SET 2 ANSWERS
MISSING WORD CROSSWORD CLUES MULTIPLE CHOICE 1. start / begin 1. easy 1. a) a pragmatist 2. eats / gets 2. pork 2. c) a chameleon 3. do 3. café / cafeteria / canteen / coffee shop 3. b) a depression 4. much / loud / late 4. late 4. c) consider it 5. see / pet 5. open 5. a) gills 6. far 6. time 6. c) two 7. to 7. buy 7. b) Taoism
1. When is your birthday?
2. Can I have some water, please? I am thirsty.
3. She spoke to her friend on the phone.
4. I saw a monkey at the zoo.
5. Could you ask that question again, please?
6. This book cost ten dollars.
7. Would you like to be a movie actor?
WORD UP? QUESTIONS: LEVEL 1 - SET 3
1. That dirty boy doesn't like washing _ _ _ face. (3 letters)
2. I am tired. I want to go to _ _ _ . (3 letters)
3. My grandmother is ninety years _ _ _ . (3 letters)
4. The colour of a strawberry is _ _ _ . (3 letters)
5. If there is a fire, _ _ _ _ 911 on your phone. (4 letters)
6. She is Canadian. She _ _ _ _ _ from Canada. (5 letters)
7. Don't _ _ _ on that chair. It's broken. (3 letters)
1. Smart or intelligent. c _______
2. What drink do cows produce? m _______
3. A country in Europe. D _______
4. A dangerous African animal. l _______
5. Not the same. d _______
6. What type of food are bacon and beef? m _______
7. What do you spend in a shop? m _______
1. At a zoo, somebody must
a) cook the animals b) eat the animals c) feed the animals 2. Which is good for your health?
a) smoking cigarettes b) eating fruit c) drinking poison 3. A romantic story is
a) an old story b) a funny story c) a love story 4. Which instrument is made of wood?
a) a trumpet b) a violin c) a saxophone 5. Which piece of jewellery is the smallest?
a) a necklace b) a bracelet c) a ring 6. It's very noisy. Could you please turn down
a) the window? b) the television? c) the baby? 7. Which is the tallest?
a) a mountain b) a hill c) a valley
WORD UP? QUESTIONS: LEVEL 1 - SET 3 ANSWERS
MISSING WORD CROSSWORD CLUES MULTIPLE CHOICE 1. his 1. clever 1. c) feed the animals 2. bed 2. milk 2. b) eating fruit 3. old 3. Denmark 3. c) a love story 4. red 4. lion / leopard 4. b) a violin 5. call / ring / dial / push 5. different / differing 5. c) a ring 6. comes / hails 6. meat / meats 6. b) the television? 7. sit / get 7. money 7. a) a mountain
1. Would you like to go dancing with me tonight?
2. When he was young, he was a champion swimmer.
3. I'd like some orange juice, please.
4. What is the longest river in Asia?
5. I like reading the newspaper while I'm eating breakfast.
6. This restaurant serves seafood.
7. Let's go. The rain is stopping now.
WORD UP? QUESTIONS: LEVEL 1 - SET 4
1. A duck is a type _ _ bird. (2 letters)
2. Would you like to _ _ _ _ to my home tonight? (4 letters)
3. I read the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ every morning. (9 letters)
4. Smoking cigarettes is very _ _ _ for your health. (3 letters)
5. My brother is 180 centimetres _ _ _ _ . (4 letters)
6. What do you _ _ _ _ to do tomorrow? (4 letters)
7. If it's hot, turn on the _ _ _ conditioner. (3 letters)
1. The opposite of 'back'. f _______
2. A very short period of time. s _______
3. To go away. l _______
4. A room used for preparing food. k _______
5. Happy. g _______
6. It gives off heat and smoke. f _______
7. Not married. s _______
1. Which can usually be found in a newspaper?
a) menus b) comic strips c) reporters 2. What are poodles and dalmations?
a) fish b) birds c) dogs 3. Which person normally wears a skirt?
a) a stewardess b) a schoolboy c) a boxer 4. One quarter is
a) 20 minutes b) 10 cents c) 25 per cent 5. When you turn on the radio, you can
a) listen to music b) listening music c) hear to music 6. Star Wars was an exciting movie. Have you
a) looked it? b) saw it? c) seen it? 7. After taking a shower, you should dry yourself with
a) a napkin b) a towel c) a blanket
WORD UP? QUESTIONS: LEVEL 1 - SET 4 ANSWERS
MISSING WORD CROSSWORD CLUES MULTIPLE CHOICE 1. of 1. front / forward 1. b) comic strips 2. come / walk / ride 2. second 2. c) dogs 3. newspaper / magazines / timetable 3. leave 3. a) a stewardess 4. bad 4. kitchen 4. c) 25 per cent 5. tall 5. glad / gleeful 5. a) listen to music 6. want / wish / have / need / plan 6. fire / fireplace / furnace 6. c) seen it? 7. air 7. single 7. b) a towel
1. I won a thousand dollars.
2. Did you go to the concert last night?
3. My cat has a very fat stomach.
4. I will probably be back next week.
5. I couldn't go because I was busy.
6. Welcome to my home.
7. I'm going to visit my uncle and aunt.
WORD UP? QUESTIONS: LEVEL 2 - SET 1
1. Tiger Woods can play golf very _ _ _ _ . (4 letters)
2. If you don't study hard, you will _ _ _ _ the exam. (4 letters)
3. We use our noses for _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ . (8 letters)
4. 'Big' is the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ of 'small'. (8 letters)
5. The sun goes _ _ _ _ at sunset. (4 letters)
6. He likes listening to music while _ _ _ _ _ his homework. (5 letters)
7. I stayed _ _ home all day. (2 letters)
1. Clever. i ______
2. It has a trunk and branches. t _______
3. A tropical fruit. p _______
4. A pain in the mouth. t _______
5. A small piece of rock. s _______
6. What are gloves worn on? h _______
7. What are the Andes and the Himalayas? m _______
1. Venezuela is a country in
a) Eastern Europe b) South America c) Northern Africa 2. Which material is natural?
a) cotton b) polyester c) nylon 3. What does a composer write?
a) books b) movie scripts c) music 4. Where is cargo loaded onto a ship?
a) at a station b) at a port c) at a shipyard 5. The capital city of Norway is
a) Oslo b) Stockholm c) Zurich 6. Which river is in India?
a) the Rhine b) the Nile c) the Ganges 7. A person who comes third in the Olympic Games wins
a) a brass medal b) a bronze medal c) a silver medal
WORD UP? QUESTIONS: LEVEL 2 - SET 1 ANSWERS
MISSING WORD CROSSWORD CLUES MULTIPLE CHOICE 1. well / fast 1. intelligent / intellectual / ingenious 1. b) South America 2. fail 2. tree 2. a) cotton 3. smelling / sniffing / snorting 3. pineapple / pawpaw / papaya 3. c) music 4. opposite 4. toothache 4. b) at a port 5. down 5. stone 5. a) Oslo 6. doing 6. hands 6. c) the Ganges 7. at 7. mountains / mountain ranges 7. b) a bronze medal
1. How old is your daughter?
2. You can put your coat in the cupboard.
3. I sent a parcel to my brother.
4. Do you like studying science?
5. Her favourite colour is purple.
6. The price is too high.
7. Last night I went to a fashion show.