Revision of Unit 8
: 一 单词
1. hungry 2. homeless 3. pleasure 4. shut 5. specially 6. helpful 7. thought 8. hung/hanged 9. friend 10. luckily 11. difficulty 12. donation
1. clean up 2. cheer up 3. hand out / give out 4. give away 5. set up 6. put off 7. put away 8. put up 9. think up / come up with 10. think over 11. ask for 12. work out 13. fill … with… 14. a pleasant trip 15. help out 16. at once/ right now 17. hand out advertisements 18. write down 19. volunteer to do sth. 20. call him up 21. plan to do sth. 22. be similar to 23. fix it up 24. use up/ run out of 25. hang out 26. your test papers
1. They have to put off the visit until next week.
2. I saw a man give out advertisements in the street.
3. Not only does he like English, but also he likes Chinese.
4. My computer was broken ？ I will have it repaired/fixed.
5. He gave away his clothes to the homeless people last week.
6. I spent the whole afternoon working out the problem.
7. He often hangs out on weekends.
8. The method/idea that he came up with worked out fine.
9. As a volunteer, he often helps children to fix up their children. 10. His idea is different from mine.
1. B 2. B 3. A 4.D 5. D 6. C 7. C 8. C 9. C 10. D
1. cheer 2. sign 3. homeless 4. volunteer 5. similar 6. sending 7. after 8. advertisements 9. elementary 10. blind
1~5 CBDDA 6~10 CACDB
1. A person who cares for animals.
2. I got to / arrived at/ reached the animal hospital early in the morning.
4. a dog licks his face , a cat sits quietly beside him , or a little rabbit drinks from his hand 5. B
I like helping others, I think it is a happy thing to help the people who need our help. If I have a chance to become a volunteer, I will try my best to help the people.
If I have a chance to help others, I want to be a guide and help the foreigners. For example, I will translate Chinese into English to help the foreigners to understand Chinese culture, I will lead them to visit the places of interest in China, I will show them that our Chinese people are warm-hearted.
If I have a chance to help others, I will help the old and the sick kids, I can tell them stories or sing songs for them to cheer them up. I also want to help the disabled people and the homeless people.
I think the more you help others, the happier you will be. Don’t you think so?
Revision of Unit 9
1. inventor/invention 2. salty 3. fell 4. thrown 5. shot 6. above 7. development 8. risen 9. help 10. thick 11. happily 12. western 13. preferred 14. sixth 15. born 16. playful 17. easily 18. broken 19. really 20. potatoes 21. leaves 22. foreigner
1. use… to do…. 2. by mistake 3. by accident 4. according to 5. fall into 6. in this way 7. knock into 8. divide … into ….. 9. a developing country 10. be / get used to …. 11.
change … into… 12. make sb. happy 13. an ancient legend 14. not …until … 15.
decide to do…. 16. in 1990s 17. prefer to do sth. rather than do sth. 18. the number of…. 19. dream of 20. keep healthy
1. Who was the telephone invented by? 2. It is used for wiping the face. 3. The personal computer was invented in 1976, it has changed the whole world. 4. In this way, they learned a lot of knowledge. 5. The customers think the clothes are not big enough. 6. She sprinkled
some salt on the food, but it still wasn’t salty enough. 7. According to the teacher’s record, he
has been late for three times. 8. Many young people dream of becoming football stars. 9.The bicycles are widely used by us. 10.He ran so quickly that he knocked into an old man.
1---5 BBADB 6----10 CCBBD
1. accident 2. invented 3. helpful 4. operated 5. history 6. mistake 7. ancient 8. century 9. throw 10. sour
1---5 BCCAB 6---10 ACAAC
1. He was seen sitting on some eggs (by his father)
2. He asked him why he was doing that.
4. Three months
5. He set up a chemical laboratory
My favorite invention
Among all the modern inventions, the laptop is my favorite one,
st I think it is the most amazing invention in the 21 century. Laptop are light and small. They are easy to carry, it is easy for us to work, study and go to somewhere with a laptop. A laptop can get
to the Internet outside, and also, we can easy to keep in touch with our friends and family through
e-mail and QQ at any time.
I think everyone will have his or her own laptop in the future.
Revision of Unit 10
1. gotten 2. overslept 3. full 4. fled 5. married 6. end 7. teacher 8. forgotten
9. finally 10. lucky
1. by the time… 2. go off 3. on time 4. in time 5. break down 6. April Fool’s Day
7. get/ be married 8. a piece of…. 9. leave…at home 10. forget to do … 11. walk to
school/ go to school on foot 12. get up 13. get to / arrive in / arrive at 14. get on 15. be
late for 16. a close friend 17. run off to the bus stop 18. dress sb./ put on 19. stay up
20. a costume party 21. so… that… 22. flee.. from…/ escape … from…. 23. wake up 24.
land on the earth
1. When I got to the office, I realized that I had left my mobile phone at home. 2. They had produced 5000 cars by the end of last year.
3. That little dog took a piece of meat and ran away.
4. When we got to the cinema, all of the tickets had been sold out. 5. What happened to Tony on April Fool’s Day?
6. He is so young that he can not finish the work by himself. 7. Even though he made a foolish mistake, no one laughed at him.. 8. Jenny announced that Tony and she would get married.
9. If your car breaks down, you can ask the policeman for help. 10. Do you know when his new book will come out?
1---5 ADBBB 6----10 ACDDC
1.overslept 2. stayed 3. broken 4. show 5. fled 6. marry 7. rushed 8. ride 9. notice 10. remained
1---5 BACDA 6----10 CBCDC
1. without; pay/money
2. excited enough
4. Both the ticket money and the donated money will be sent to the disaster areas.
One day Amy wanted to see a film. On her way home she bought a ticket and put it in her schoolbag. When she got home, she put her schoolbag on the chair. And she had a quick supper and went to the cinema. On the way she realized she forget to take the ticket with her, so she had to go back to get it. When she hurried to the cinema, the cinema, the film had had been on for more than half an hour. The film was very interesting, but she felt very sorry that she couldn’t see
the beginning of the film.
Revision of Unit 11
1. uncrowded 2. led 3. directly 4. bought 5. more 6. wrong/ left 7. visitor 8. unhappy 9. politely 10. spoken 11. polite 12. stranger
1. dress up 2. lend… to … 3. hand in 4. make a telephone call / call up/ ring up 5. save money 6. get some information 7. between… and … 8. too much money 9. turn right
10. talk to sb. / speak to sb / have a word with sb.
1. Excuse me, could you please tell me how I can get to post office.
2. It is said that he often dressed up as the Father Christmas and give out presents to the children. 3. Go down this street then turn left at the second turning.
4. It is important for us to keep fit/ healthy.
5. His mother asked him if he had spent too much money to buy the CD.
6. I preferred/prefer to hang out with my friends.
7. Our homework should be handed in on time.
8. The bookstore is between the post office and the school.
9. I like eating some fresh fruit after supper/meal.
10. I don’t know if it will rain tomorrow, if it rains, we will not go there.