Please submit this by email by the due date with the following subject line:
Your Last Name__Reading Log Chapter 1.
Name: _____________________________ Date:
Reading Assignment Log for Keys to Success 6e Chapter 1
1. The title of Chapter 1 is…
2. Where did you do this reading assignment (living room, bedroom, library, outside,
3. What was going on while you were reading this assignment (peace and quiet, TV,
music, roommate interruptions, etc.)?
4. Use complete sentences and your own words. What are some ways attending
college can help you achieve success in the future? (hint: read “Where are you now—
and where can college take you?” section).
5. Use complete sentences and your own words. What are three major actions that help
prepare you for college success? (hint: read “What actions will prepare you for
college success?” section).
6. Use complete sentences and your own words. What are some specific fears and
challenges you are facing this semester? Describe a fulfilling accomplishment in your
life that at first was daunting or made you fearful. What helped you get beyond the
fear and achieve what you did?
7. The midpoint for full session courses this semester is…
The midpoint for this course is…
One club, program, or organization I hope to get involved with is…
8. One tip or idea I picked up concerning working with others is…
9. Something I learned about plagiarism and avoiding it is…
10. My academic advisor is…
11. Regarding the Successful Intelligence assessments in this chapter: Rate your
effectiveness in each area by putting an A (for analytical), a C (for creative), and a P
(for practical) beside the number that represents your effectiveness for each.
Not at all
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12. Think of a character in history, a TV show, book, or movie who has strong Successful
Intelligence. Name the character and how she/he exhibits Successful Intelligence.
Now name one specific way you can begin developing your Successful Intelligence