Research Realization Institute of Renewable Energy Sources
Dunajské nábrežie 14, 945 01 Komárno, Slovakia
Programme: Intelligent Energy Europe
Type of Action: Integrated initiatives
Call: Bio-business initiative
Up to date the situation of the utilization of solid biomass energy is very limited in the participating countries – Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland. However, the biomass potential (wood, crops and agricultural residues) is huge in the above mentioned countries. Boosting bioenergy market will foster the comepetitiveness of agricultural firms, will create a number of local jobs in the selected regions and will increase the level of awareness of the public sector and stakeholders.
The main obstacle to expand bio-business seems to be the lack of knowledge, need for financial support from the bank sector and/or decision makers, coordination of the business development.
The overall objective of the project is to make a survey about the present state and obstacles and generate appropriate frame in which bio-business chain of bioenergy sources can be established involving farmers and landowners, public authorities, investors, distributors and end-users in selected regions of participating countries which have had limited development up to date in comparison to leading EU member states like Austria and Germany.
The proposed project will focus on selected regions in – Slovakia, Poland, Czech Republic, and
Hungary – that have made limited progress in establishment of market chains for bioenergy sources in compliance with European policies and targets.
The work starts with an analysis of the current market barriers including raw material supply potentials in selected regions, legal and technical barriers. After that, in order to achieve the above mentioned general objective the work will be carried out on three channels:
Public campaign Training Mobilizing market actors
Strong awareness campaign - Teach farmers how to Create network of the
aimed at target groups: cultivate energy crops. concerned stakeholders.
European Pro Truck Tour, - Persuade farmers about in a form of interest-
info booklets, day seminars. the advantages of utilizing groups.
agricultural residues. Create market website
- Seminars and/or workshops for bioenergy sector.
on solid bio-business opportunities
for decision makers.
- Analyzing the present situation and market barriers including raw material supply
potentials, legal and technical barriers in selected regions.
- Work out the best strategy for networking the stakeholders, regional decision makers and
the public sector.
- Stimulation of regional policies and energetic plans beeing in harmony with EU targets and
policies regarding bioenergy sector.
- Fostering dialogue between stakeholders, decision makers and public sector in order to
stimulate large-scale investments
- To promote different bioenergy sources for differenet energy applications.
- Training of farmers and landowners why and how to cultivate energy crops, collect a
percentage of their residues.
- General confluence between regional and European policies (EU Biomass Action Plan) - Regional plans for integrated production of bioenergy sources
- Increase in balanced exploitation of biomass resources in the participant regions - Increase in the number of farmers entering solid, liquid and gasous bioenergy supply chains. - Achievement of referential agreements between the main market actors.
RRIORES is looking for partners from Polish, Czech and Hungarian regions, especially where crops and agricultural residues are the main sources of biomass. Furthermore we are looking for a coordinator and/or partner from sector-leading countries where biomass utilization for energy application is on advanced level in compliance with EU targets.
Mgr. Melinda Gábovicsová
Mobile: +421 915 793 092
European support: max.75%
Max. 36 months
Submission to the IEEA: 28 September 2007
Partner search: July 2007