Class: Class1, Grade 8 Gongchuan High School
Material: Project English for Grade8, Unit 2, Topic1, Section A
thDate: September 30, 2009
Teacher: Lin Shuqing from Gongchuan High School
教材分析 本节课是八年级上册Unit2, Topic 1, SectionA,整节课主要以学习各种疾病的
名称；谈论身体各部位不舒适的感觉；并学习提建议的表达方式。 教学对象分析 本课内容贴近生活；学生较感兴趣；乐于实践。
教学方法及设计 利用图片展示各种疾病；并利用表演的方法让学生巩固。 Teaching aims and Knowlidge aims: 1. Learn some new words and phrases: demands Toothache, dentist, have a cold, cough, tade a rest, fever, flu,
headache, at night, coffee, plenty of, boiled water
2. Learn some useful sentences:
1) What’s wrong / the matter with you?
2) I habe a toothache.
3) I’m sorry to hear that.
3. Learn the modals for giving advice:
1) You should see a dentist.
2) You shouldn’t drind coffee or tea in the evening.
Ability aims: 1. Talk about illness.
2. Express sympathy for a patient and give some advice to
Enotion aims: Remind the class to keep healthy.
Teaching tools Some pictures and cards, a record
Teaching methods The communicative method
Task-basted Teaching method
steps 教学活动 设计说明 Step1 Revision 1. Review the Ss’ favorite sports.
T: You know doing exercise is good for our health.
Now today we’ll talk about health.
Step 2 Presentation 1. T: I ate lots of sweet food yesterday. Oh, what’s
wrong weth me?
S: You have a toothache.
2. Show some pictures about illnell and ask:
“What’s wrong with you?” Help the Ss answer: I
have a headache---
3. Play a game: Ask a student of each group to act
out the illness and the other Ss in his\her group
guess what’s wrong with him\her.
4. T: There is sth wrong with Kangkang. What is it?
Please listen to 1a,then answer the following
1) What’s wrong with Kangkang?
2) What should he do?
Check the answers.
5. Listen to 1a and repeat.
6. Practice the dialog in pairs.
Step 3 Consolidation 1. Practice the dialog in 1b in pairs and then act it
2. Practice the dialog according to the cards. Step 4 Practice 1. Let the Ss practice dialogs in pairs according to
the cards. Finish 2. Check the answers.
2. Show some pictures. Let Ss write down what
he\she should \shouldn’t do.
3. Listen to 3. Finish 3. Check the answers. Step 5 Summary Sum up the useful expressions in SectionA.