Unit 3 Language in use
Revision and application
Formal and interactive practice
1.Key vocabulary : version , historical , publisher , reviewer 2.Grammar : 一般现在时的被动语态
Tape recorder, OHP, handouts
Step 1 Revision
Review the text of Unit 2
Step 2 Language practice
1. Read through the example sentences in the box with the whole class. 2. Grammar : 一般现在时的被动语态
Step 3 Work in pairs.
1. Compare these sentences with the sentences in the grammar box. in Activity 1 . 2. Choose the correct form of the words in the box to complete the sentences in Activity 1.
3. Ask and answer in Activity 2.
Step 4 Do exercises
1. Complete the conversation with the correct form of the words. in Activity 3 . 2. Look at the pictures and the notes. Use the notes to describe how a book is made in Activity 4.
3. Complete the passage with the correct form of the words in the box in Activity 5. 4. Listening:
1) Listen and check (?) the statements that Betty and Daming agree with in Activity 6.
2) Check the statements you agree with.
3) Work in pairs. Ask and say which statements you agree with, and why. 5. Complete the conversation with the correct form of the phrases in the box in Activity 8.
Step 5 Around the world: Plato
Step 6 Module task:
Module task: Organising a class talk
1. Work in groups. Read the statement.
We are more influenced by films than by books.
* Decide on your point of view. Do you agree or disagree? * Think of some examples of films or books you have seen or read.
How did they influence you?
2. Plan you talk.
* Plan what you want to say.
* Make notes about why you agree or disagree with the statement. 3. Present your talk.
* Practice you talk two or three of times first.
* Relax, speak clearly and loudly and look at the class as you speak. * Invite the class to ask you questions at the end.
Step 7 Homework
Finish the exercises in the workbook Ex. 9, 10, 11 &12