Bengshan Primary School
Grade 5?Primary school students
book5 unit6 lesson5 全英
1.Understand and say the words: clerk, her, shirt, skirt, nurse, purple. 2.Pronounce and read words with er,ir and ur.
3.Understand and chant.
Textbook5, Foreign Language Teaching and Research Publishing House
Teaching organizational form and Theoretical foundation:
Individual , pair or group work to make every student work in class.? Teaching aids:
e.gT: Hello,boys and girls! Ss:Hello,Miss Chen!
How are you? Fine,thank you.
What day is today? It’s Friday.
How’s the weather? It’s Sunny.
Play a game:
(CAI) Disrupt the alphabetical order of the words, have students rearrange
and read out. Encourage the students. 1. Teacher asks: What are you wearing? Look at him(her). What is
Answer: I am wearing(a shirt) He(she) is wearing(a dress).
T: (Point to a girl):Look at her. She is wearing a red T-shirt.What a pretty girl!
2. T:(CAI)Look at him.(a boy)
What is he wearing?
Have students read and spell: shirt.
Who is he? He is a clerk. Have students understand and spell:
3. T:(CAI)Look at her.(a giirl)
Who is she? She is a nurse.
Read and spell: nurse.
4. Have student repeat after the teacher: clerk, shirt, nurse. Ask: What can you find?
Have students discuss,
Then write on the blackboard:er,ir,ur. Have students understand
“er”,”ir”,”ur” have the same sound.
1. Show some word cards, encourage students try to say them: term, nerd, Serb; bird, girl, circle; hurt, Thursday, purple. 2 Play a game: Give the cards to the students?and say?”“one, two,
three! ”Students put the card on the correct place of the board. 3. Read, think and write.
Have students discuss in groups. Then check their answers. T:Can you write any other words? Have students think over. 4?Play a game:
Put other words on the board?teacher says a word, students take it and put in the corresponding place.
T: Look at me. I am a teacher.I am wearing a black coat. Ask 1.
students say the same sentences.
2.(CAI) Have students try to describe them.
Picture 1: A nurse;
S: Look at her. She’s a nurse. She’s wearing a (purple) skirt.
Picture 2: A clerk;
Look at him. He’s a Clerk. He’s wearing a (purple) shirt.
Picture 3: A girl.
Look at her. She’s a pretty girl. She’s wearing a(purple)skirt.
3?Have students listen and chant.
This lesson is chosen from the fifth lesson, the sixth unit of the fifth book of English for Elementary School. This is a phonetic lesson. Under the guidance of the teacher, the students need to understand and know how
to spell the new words and then take initiative to discover the pronunciation rule of monogram er, ir and ur.
1. Emphasis on the speciality of the language and study through practice. English is a foreign language. We should realize its speciality and avoid teaching vocabulary out of the real life. For the new words of this lesson, this is how I designed: By talking to the students, I will educe the word “shirt” by the sentences they learnt before: What are you wearing? What’s he(she) wearing? Then the other two words “clerk” and “nurse” by “Who’s he(she)?” Thus I could let them understand the meaning of the new words with deep impression via this kind of dialogue. During dialogue, I’ll use the sentence “Look at him/her.” very frequently. With my gesture, this will make it easier for the students to understand. “Pretty” is another word that the student never know. I’ll also put
it in the dialogue.
2. Emphasis on the rearrangement of the teaching material. Arrange the learning process reasonably.
The first item and the third item are closely connected. The content of the third item is the extension and development of the first item, so I schedule the third item to follow the learning of three words when arrange the learning steps. This reflects the educational theme of
“People-oriented, teaching material serves the people.” After this rearrangement, the whole teaching process develops gradually and all the steps interact very closely to each other.
3. Emphasis on the main status of the students. Leading them to be self-motivated in learning.
Students are principal part of the learning, center of the whole lesson. All the teaching activities designed by teachers should be
student-centered. During reviewing step, I’ll design a teaching game. I’ll disorder the letters of some words that the students learnt and let the students reorganize them and read them out. This kind of reviewing activities will better reflect the teaching theme of student-oriented than simply asking the students to spell out the designated word by the teacher. When learning “Listen and chant”, I will not show the whole chant to the students, but let them look into features of the three people in the picture after telling them my sample sentence, then guide them to describe rough content of the chant, and then read after it. 4. Emphasis on team study. Encourage students to actively explore.
Team study is an absolutely necessary mode in English lesson. Team spirit of helping each other, cooperative exploration and making mutual progress will be established via team study. During the development exercise after learning the three words, I’ll arrange team discussion about the
pronunciation rule of monogram er, ir and ur among the students and let them work together to find out some other words following the same pronunciation rule in “Inference” exercise