Cars do more good than harm.
Nowadays the use of the car is becoming more and more widespread in the twentieth century. As an increasing number of countries develop both technically and economically, so a larger proportion of the world's population is able to buy and to use a car. Possessing a car gives a much greater degree of mobility, enabling the driver to move around convenient and freely. And also car ownership can result in many new jobs in repair and service. Thirdly I think the people who have their own private cars are now able to enjoy their leisure time by making trips to the country or seaside at the weekends, instead of being confined to their immediate neighbourhood. This feeling of the freedom to go where you are pleased, is perhaps the greatest advantage of the car. 攻辩小结;30 Seconds
I think cars do more good than harm, because driving a car is more convenient. You know for us, time is golden. So when we want to go to a place to study or work fast, the car will help us to get there very soon. Are you agree with me? And also China needs cars to complete its construction of modernization. Cars may get increasing with the economic progress and push up the economy more powerfully. So we cannot abolish car production or forbid the car running. 总结陈词;1 Minute
To sum up, cars do more good than harm. Without cars, the world would consist of many isolated communities, so cars enable people to become more mobile. Secondly, traveling by car is more comfortable because they can adjust the heating in winter and air conditioning in summer. And we will not waste the time by waiting for public transportation for a long time. And as we know, cars do not cause accidents, drivers do. So it is important to train the drivers and make the driving laws better for us. However, we can call on car-owners to avoid the rush hours and take more riding than car-driving. And the most important China needs cars to complete its construction of modernization. Cars may get increasing with the economic progress and push up the economy more powerfully.
1. Autos are highly desirable for obvious reasons. We need to recognize this and adapt
2. Cars enable people to become more mobile. Without cars, the world would consist of
many isolated communities.
3. Long distances can be covered rapidly, comfortably and conveniently.
4. Buses are often crowded and slow, especially during the rush hour, with more cars people
could get around more easily.
5. Riding a bicycle is tiring and uncomfortable especially when the weather is bad or very
hot. People are more protected riding in cars.
6. With the popularization of cars, the suburbs will become more developed, and the
downtown area will be less crowded.
7. If there were more cars in the rural areas, people could get to the cities more easily.
8. The gap between the city and the countryside would become smaller.
9. Possessing a car gives one a much greater degree of mobility, enabling him to move
10. The owner of a car is not forced to rely on public transport and is not compelled to work
11. Traveling by car is more comfortable because they can adjust the heating in winter and air
conditioning in summer.
12. Cars do not cause accidents, drivers do. Driver training and enforcement of driving laws
would cut accidents rates by great amount.
13. Expansion of underground and multi-story car parks can solve the parking problem.
14. Electric cars, hydrogen powered cars can solve pollution problems in the future.
15. China needs a vast network of roads and a vehicle system to compete in the international
16. The new fuel cell cars do not need gasoline.
17. Older people will have a better chance of going places.
18. Car ownership can result in many new jobs in repair and service.
19. Modern nations need better and faster transportation systems.
20. Car owners lead happier lives with their new status.
Cars do more harm than good.
Today any Chinese can enjoy the luxury of owning a private car--if he can afford it, that is. And to be able to afford it, you have first of all to pay a five or six figure sum to buy a machine. Any decent car would cost ten times that much.
But however large this initial sum you have to pay, the real drain on your purse is yet to come, in the running and maintenance of the machine--the various taxes, the fuel, and of course the repairs. Secondly, cars are the cause of traffic accidents. In china in 1994, 66000 people were killed in auto accidents.
Thirdly, cars often produce air pollution and fill the cities with unbearable noise. So we think cars do more harm than good.
Every coin has two sides, I think that cars do more harm than good. There are many reasons here. Firstly, not everyone could promise a safe driving all the time, if traffic accident happened, either the driver or others could be the victims. Secondly, the traffic jam would get worse if more cars in their haste to run into the road at rush hours. Thirdly, it is not a wise choice to let cars take place of other vehicles, even our exercises.
Cars are evils resulting from modernization, for they make people suffer rather enjoy life. The roads are so often jammed with cars that ambulances and fire engines find it difficult to fulfill their duties. Cars are the cause of traffic accidents. And traffic accidents not only bring death and injury but also make people suffer great psychological damage. Thirdly, more cars mean more roads and car parking facilities. This decreases the land available for agriculture. Every year great amounts of money is spent on road taxes, purchases, oil etc. This is the great drain on their resources. Last but not least, cars consume more resources and release more polluted gas, which adds too much pressure to our environment.
1. Road and fuel tax will allow the national road system to expand and make cars even more
2. Cars are evils resulting from modernization, for they make people suffer rather than enjoy
3. The roads are so often jammed with cars that ambulances and fire engines find it difficult to fulfill their duties.
4. Driving a car brings out a man's worst qualities. He swears and becomes ill mannered and aggressive.
5. People have hidden frustrations and disappointments are brought to the surface when they drive.
6. Road networks for cars have not only made cities uninhabitable, but also have desecrated the countryside.
7. Towns have been made ugly by big car parks.
Cars often produce air pollution and fill the cities with unbearable noise. 8.
9. Cars are the cause of traffic accidents. In China in 1994 66,000 people were killed in auto accidents.
10. Traffic accidents not only bring death and injury but also make people suffer great psychological damage.
11. Every year great amounts of money is spent on road taxes, purchases, oil etc. This is a great drain on their resources.
12. To own a private car can cost you a fortune.
13. If everyone had a car in China there would be no room on the roads and no place to park. 14. Because of China's large population, many cars would create many serious social problems.
15. Cars should be done away with. We should create a better means of transport that will bring joy and comfort instead of death and injury.
16. More cars mean more roads and car parking facilities. This decreases the land available for agriculture.
17. Too much good farmland is being consumed for the purposes of autos.
18. Autos are adding to the noise pollution in big cities making it unpleasant to live in them. 19. Many cars can make city life unmanageable and stressful.