Exercises of Units1-4, 8A
1. His father takes c_______________ of the whole factory. 2. Please c_______________ it carefully, and make a decision. 3. “You should go to sleep, it’s 12 now.” My mother s_______________ me last night. 4. We ought to r_______________ the books to the library on time. 5. C_______________ ! You’ve won the game.
6. At b_______________ , we usually have a rest.
7. It’s important to be p_______________ to others.
8. The sports meeting is coming. I am a bit n_______________ . 9. Sally has a lot of e_______________ , she can teach us. 10. The drivers should be r_______________ for the safety. 11. I will i__________ my good friends to my birthday party. 12. There is nothing in the box. It is e__________.
13. I n _____________you ride a new bike this morning. Is it yours? 14. I asked him to go to the seaside with me, but he r ________. 15. After the police talked with them for several hours, the suspects finally a ________ their crime.
16. Yesterday, I bought a pair of j___________ for my father. He liked t very much. 24. Most of us are u_______________ of the hidden helpers in our home. 25. More i__________________, we have nothing to do now. 26. He has great u__________________ of the history of Greek. 27. The h_____________ of the robot is three metres.
28. The girl always orders office products for her c______________. 29. It’s essential for computer programmers not to make m_______________. 30. A DVD-ROM can h____________ even more information.
31. The police o___________ the taxi driver to stop, but he just didn’t listen.
32. In ancient China, everyone had to show r___________ to the king. 33. It is s_________ to make such a simple mistake.
34. I was p___________ because I broke the window.
( ) 1. They _______ a meeting last week, and they will _______ another meeting again tomorrow.
A. hold; hold B. held; held C. have; had D. had; have ( ) 2.Will you agree ________ let me go home early?
A. with B. to C. on D. that
( ) 3. She’ll finish the work ________ .
A. in one week’s time B. in one weeks’ time C. at the next meeting D. in one’s week
( ) 4. --- _______ do you go to see your friends? --- Every week.
A . How long B. How soon C. How often D. When
( ) 5. The class was not good enough until she _______ it.
A. in the charge of B. in charge of C. takes the charge of D. took charge of
( ) 6. Many students couldn’t go to school on time _____ the heavy rain.
A. because B. because of C. so D. why
( ) 7. Don’t have the boy ______ outside because of his lateness.
A. standing B. stand C. to stand D. stood
( ) 8. If you don’t finish your homework on time, your mother will _____ you.
A. angry with B. angry to C. be angry with D. be angry to ( ) 9. --- I won the game.
--- _______________ .
A. Thanks a lot. B. Congratulations! C. Best wishes. D. Good luck. ( ) 10. He _______ swimming in the river.
A. suggested to go B. suggested going C. suggested goes D. suggested go ( ) 11. Now the Internet is ________ than it used to be, many people use it.
A. very popular B. the most popular C. most popular D. even more popular ( ) 12. Jane was a good swimmer, but now she ________ swims.
A. often B. still C. hardly ever D. hardly never ( ) 13. I worked out the answer ____ the question by ______ day and night.
A. to; working B. of; working C. to ; work D. of; work ( ) 14. Which is ___________, a TV, a robot or a computer?
A. cleverer B. clever C. cleverest D. the cleverest ( ) 15. She am short of money. She ______ to get some from the ATM.
A. need B. needs C. doesn’t need D. don’t need
( ) 16. -----Be careful not to _______ others. ------OK!
A. bump into B. knock at C. go in D. get away
( ) 17. _________ more English, he goes to England to spend his summer holiday.
A. Learn B. Learning C. To learn D. Learns ( ) 18. Smaller computers usually _______ more than bigger ones.
A. took B. paid C. spent D. cost
( ) 19. He is very young and he _______ his parents.
A. is essential for B. is useful for C. is dependent on D. is helpful to ( ) 20. After Beijing held the Olympic Games, ________ people know about China.
A. much and much B. many and many C. less and less D. more and more ( ) 21. My pet cat will get _____ when I leave it ______.
A. angry, lonely B. angrily, lonely C. angry, alone D. angrily, alone ( ) 22. It’s dangerous for children _______ in the river.
A. to swimming B. to swim C. for swimming D. for swim ( ) 23. Life now is much _______ than in the old days.
A. good B. well C. best D. better
( ) 24. _________ they are!
A. What beautiful trees B. What a beautiful tree
C. How beautiful trees D. How beautiful a tree
( ) 25. My uncle is not a worker ______ a farmer _______ a cleaner.
A. and, or B. and, but C. or, but D. or, and
( ) 26. P-Too is three metres _______ and ________ 207 kilograms.
A. height, weight B. tall, weigh C. tall, weight D. tall, weighs ( ) 27. ---I’d like two English books. --- What ______ do you need?
A. other B. else C. others D. elses
( ) 28. The paper we use is often ________ wood.
A. make of B. made of C. make from D. made from ( ) 29. Sending e-mail is _____________ of all.
A. interesting B. more interesting C. most interesting D. the most interesting ( ) 30. ---A laptop is more useful. --- ___________.
A. I think B. I don’t know C. I not agree D. I don’t think so
( ) 31. Don’t forget _____ my card to your brother.
A. giving B. to give C. give D. gives
( ) 32. He admitted _______ a serious mistake at last.
A. make B. making C. to making D. to make
( ) 33. There are so many beggars ask for money at street, but people ______ them anything.
A. refusing to give B. refusing giving C. refuse to give D. refuse giving ( ) 34. Mrs Li, as well as her children , _________ interested in dancing.
A. is B. are C. were D. be
( ) 35. They arrived _____ Beijing ______ the evening of August, 6 th .
A. in, in B. at, in C. in, on D. at, on
( ) 36. The maths problem was _____ difficult _____ few students could work it out in my class.
A. so, that B. too, that C. so, to D. enough, to
( ) 37. She noticed the man _____ at that time.
A. to look at her B. looks at her C. looked at her D. looking at her ( ) 38. The teacher asked Tom _____ in his test paper at once.
A. hand B. to hand C. handing D. handed
( ) 39. You’d better ______ anything to Mary now.
A. not to say B. don’t say C. not say D. not saying
( ) 40. ---- Do you mind my _____ the window? ---- Of course not.
A. close B. closes C. to close D. closing
1. 当他妈妈回来的时候？ 他兴奋地冲下楼去。
He _______ _______ the stairs _______ when his mother came back. 2.Tom 常常取笑他妹妹？因为她老是考试不及格。
Tom always _______ _______ _______ his sister because she often _______ in exams. 3.Mike用了个计谋得到了那条稀有的项链。
Mike got the rare necklace _______ _______ _______ .
The typhoon blew many things away, _______ _______ some animals. 5. 通过努力？ 工程师们终于成功地完成了这项工程。
After working hard, the engineers _______ _______ _______ the project at last.
The police ________ the thief _______ _______. 7. 听到这个振奋人心的消息,我真的好激动.
_______ _______ I was when I heard the ______ news. 8. 当他妈妈回来的时候？ 他兴奋地冲下楼去。
He _______ _______ the stairs _______ when his mother came back. 9. 你穿着一件多么旧的T恤啊？
__________ __________ old T-shirt you’re wearing？
_________ he __________ ___________ the film? 11. 我认为所有科目中数学最重要。
I think maths is ________ ___________ __________ subject of all.
The tree is __________ high for me ___________ reach. 13. 他是他们班其中一个最聪明的学生。
He is ______ ______ ________ ________ ______ in his class. 14. 因为这些原因？他拒绝和我玩游戏。
For these reasons, he _______ _______ _______ games with me. 15. 现在人们更依赖电子产品。
People are ________ ________ _________ electronic products. 16. 为了找到更好的工作？她离开了家乡。
_____ ______ a _______ job, she _______ her hometown. 17. 对于吸烟者来说？不抽烟是很难的。
______ ________ difficult for smokers _____ _______ ______ 18. 我和同学们相处融洽。
I’m _______ _______ ________ _____ my classmates. 19. 他想有辆自己的车。
He like to have a car _______ ___________ __________ . 20. 睡觉前和父母道晚安是很有礼貌的。
It’s _______ to ______ ______ _______ our parents before we go to bed.