April 17, 2008
Welcome to the City of St. Petersburg City Council meeting. To assist the City Council in conducting the City’s business, we ask that you observe the following:
1. If you are speaking under the Public Hearings, Appeals or Open Forum sections of
the agenda, please observe the time limits indicated on the agenda. 2. Placards and posters are not permitted in the Chamber. Applause is not permitted
except in connection with Awards and Presentations.
3. Please do not address Council from your seat. If asked by Council to speak to an
issue, please do so from the podium.
4. Please do not pass notes to Council during the meeting.
5. Please be courteous to other members of the audience by keeping side
conversations to a minimum.
6. The Fire Code prohibits anyone from standing in the aisles or in the back of the
7. If other seating is available, please do not occupy the seats reserved for the hearing
GENERAL AGENDA INFORMATION
For your convenience, a copy of the agenda material is available for your review at the stMain Library, 3745 Ninth Avenue North, and at the City Clerk’s Office, 1 Floor, City
Hall, 175 Fifth Street North, on the Monday preceding the regularly scheduled Council meeting. There is also a copy of the material located on the podium just outside the Chamber doors on the day of the meeting.
If you are hearing impaired an require the services of an interpreter, please contact the City Clerk, 893-7448, or call our TDD Number, 892-5259, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting and we will provide that service for you.
April 17, 2008
A. Meeting Called to Order and Roll Call.
Invocation and Pledge to the Flag of the United States of America. B. Approval of Agenda with Additions and Deletions.
C. Consent Agenda
D. New Ordinances - (First Reading of Title and Setting of Public Hearing)
F. New Business
G. Council Committee Reports
1. Committee of the Whole - Weeki Wachee. (3/13/08)
2. Public Services & Infrastructure Committee. (4/10/08) H. Legal
I. Public Hearings and Quasi-Judicial Proceedings - 3:00 p.m.
NOTE: The following Public Hearing items have been submitted for consideration by the
City Council. If you wish to speak on any of the Public Hearing items, please obtain one of
the YELLOW cards from the containers on the wall outside of Council Chamber, fill it out
as directed, and present it to the Clerk. You will be given 3 minutes ONLY to state your
position on any item but may address more than one item.
1. Ordinance 991-V approving a partial street vacation consisting of a 20-foot wide, 45-
foot long section of 9th Avenue North adjacent to the northern boundary of 5226 - 9th
Avenue North, legally described as Lot 15, Block 12, Crestmont Revised Subdivision. (City File 07-33000033)
2. Ordinance 992-V approving a vacation of the northern 880-feet of an alley in the
block bound by 8th Avenue South, 11th Avenue South, 3rd Street South and 4th Street South. (City File 07-33000034)
3. Confirming the Preliminary Assessment on Lot Clearing Number1431.
4. Confirming the Preliminary Assessments on Building Demolition Number 344.
5. Confirming the Preliminary Assessment on Securing Building Numbers 1085 and 1086.
J. Open Forum
If you wish to address City Council on subjects other than public hearing or quasi-
judicial items listed on this agenda, please sign up with the Clerk prior to the meeting.
Only the individual wishing to speak may sign the Open Forum sheet and only City
residents, property owners, or business owners may speak. All issues discussed under
Open Forum must be limited to issues related to the City of St. Petersburg government.
Speakers will be called to address Council according to the order in which they sign the
Open Forum sheet. In order to provide an opportunity for all citizens to address Council,
each individual will be limited to one appearance per month and each speaker will be
given three (3) minutes. The nature of the speakers' comments will determine the manner
in which the response will be provided. The response will be provided by City staff and
may be in the form of a letter or a follow-up phone call depending on the request.
Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA)
April 17, 2008
1. City Council Convene as Community Redevelopment Agency.
2. A resolution of the St. Petersburg Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) finding
the "New Salvador Dali Museum" located at 400 1st Street SE, consistent with the
Intown Redevelopment Plan, as reviewed in Community Redevelopment Agency report IRP 08-2c.
3. A resolution of the St. Petersburg Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) finding
the "World Liquors Project" located at 1601 Central Avenue, consistent with the
Intown West Redevelopment Plan, as reviewed in Community Redevelopment Agency report IRP 08-3a.
4. Adjourn Community Redevelopment Agency.
Consent Agenda A
April 17, 2008
NOTE: Business items listed on the yellow Consent Agenda cost more than one-half million dollars while the blue
Consent Agenda includes routine business items costing less than that amount. (Purchasing)
1. Renewing blanket purchase agreements with Morelli Landscaping, Inc.; Amplex, Inc.;
Landscape Flower Growers, Inc.; and Amerson Nursery, Inc. for trees, shrubbery and flowers at an estimated annual cost of $1,729,800.
2. Authorizing the Mayor to execute a Local Agency Program Agreement between the
State of Florida Department of Transportation ("FDOT") and the City of St.
Petersburg, Florida for participation by FDOT in the construction activities of the
Gandy Boulevard (SR694) Widening Project ("Project") in an amount not to exceed
$3,935,713, for a total Project cost not to exceed $12,320,000; and authorizing a
supplemental appropriation of $3,935,713 from the increase in the unappropriated
balance of the General Capital Improvement Fund resulting from these additional revenues. (FDOT Financial Project No. 418869-1-58-01)
3. Authorizing the Mayor to execute Supplement No. 1 to the Local Agency Program
Agreement ("Agreement") executed on November 9, 2004 between the City of St.
Petersburg, Florida and the State of Florida Department of Transportation ("FDOT")
for FDOT's participation in the construction activities of the City of St. Petersburg
Bicycle/Pedestrian Path Project ("Project") that extends the expiration date of the
Agreement to December 31, 2009 and increases the Project costs in an amount not to
exceed $169,955, for additional construction costs, for a total Project cost not to
exceed $669,955; and authorizing a supplemental appropriation of $169,955 from the
unappropriated balance of the Bicycle/Pedestrian Safety Improvements Fund. (FDOT
Financial Project No. 416650-1-58-01; Engineering Project No. 05075-112; Oracle No. 10384)
Consent Agenda B
April 17, 2008
NOTE: The Consent Agenda contains normal, routine business items that are very likely to be approved by the City Council
by a single motion. Council questions on these items were answered prior to the meeting. Each Councilmember may,
however, defer any item for added discussion at a later time.
1. Renewing a blanket purchase agreement with Neptune Technology Group, Inc., a sole
source supplier, for water meters for the Water Resources Department at an estimated annual cost of $375,000.
2. Rescinding a blanket purchase agreement with All About Hauling, Inc. for road and
landscape materials at an estimated annual amount of $50,442; and approving a
change order to J & K Enterprises of Largo, Inc. for $74,070 for a total contract price of $140,396.
3. Authorizing the Mayor to purchase one (1) parcel for the Clam Bayou Expansion
Project in the amount of $41,800; and to pay closing related expenses not to exceed $2,000.
4. Authorizing the Mayor to execute a License Agreement with Aquaplex Ventures I,
LLC, a Florida limited liability company, for the use of a boat wet slip at its Nautico
Yacht Club facility located at 5821 - 32nd Way South, for the City’s Fire and Rescue Marine Unit, at no cost to the City.
5. Authorizing the Mayor to execute a ten (10) year Lease Agreement with the United
States Coast Guard ("USCG") for space at the entrance to the Municipal (Central)
Yacht Basin for supporting navigational lights, at no cost to the USCG. (Requires affirmative vote of at least six (6) members of City Council.)
6. Authorizing the Mayor to execute the First Amendment to the Sponsorship and
Promotions Agreement by and among the City of St. Petersburg, Florida, Urban Retail
Properties, LLC and Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc. ("CCB"), for the City's annual
presentation of 4th of July activities on the City's waterfront which provides for
payment to the City by CCB in lieu of providing a fireworks display; and approving a
supplemental appropriation of $28,875 from the increase in the unappropriated balance of the General Fund resulting from these additional revenues.
7. Authorizing the Mayor to execute Supplement No. 1 to the Local Agency Program
Agreement executed on November 9, 2004, between the City of St. Petersburg,
Florida and State of Florida Department of Transportation ("FDOT") rescinding an
appropriation in the amount of $169,955 as a result of removing funding from the
construction phase of the ITS Pedestrian Crossings Project. (FDOT Financial Project
No. 413002-1-38/58-01) (Engineering Project No. 05076-112; Oracle Project No. 10050)
8. Authorizing the Mayor to accept a U.S. Department of Justice grant in the amount of
$4,700 to assist with funding law enforcement initiatives and all other documents
necessary to effectuate this transaction; and approving a supplemental appropriation in
the amount of $4,700 from the increase in the unappropriated balance of the General Fund (0001) resulting from these additional revenues to the Police Department.
9. Resolution rescheduling the public hearing for Ordinance 991-V from April 17, 2008 to May 1, 2008.
10. Resolution rescheduling the public hearing for Ordinance 992-V from April 17, 2008 to May 1, 2008.
11. Awarding a contract to APAC-Southeast, Inc. in the amount of $157,771.20 for
Pinellas Trail Extension - Asphaltic Concrete Pavement (Engineering Project No. 06103-612; Oracle No. 10048)
12. Authorizing an increase in the amount of the replacement housing payment, including
moving expenses for the tenant of 2311 - 7th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, Florida
33712 (Parcel 17) authorized by Resolution No. 2008-122 from $34,000 to an amount not to exceed $52,000, in the aggregate.
13. Approving a License and Use Agreement ("Agreement") with St. Anthony's Hospital,
Inc., to stage a triathlon event in the City of St. Petersburg authorizing the Mayor to execute the Agreement and all documents necessary to effectuate this transaction.
Note: An abbreviated listing of upcoming City Council meetings.
Public Services & Infrastructure Committee
Thursday, April 10, 2008, 9:00 a.m., Community Resource Room
CRA/Council Agenda Review (4/17/08 Agenda)
Thursday, April 10, 2008, 1:30 p.m., Room 100
Public Forum – Council District 6 Applicants
Monday, April 21, 2008, 6:00 p.m., Council Chamber
Council Workshop – Review of Rays’ Stadium Project
Thursday, April 24, 2008, 2:00 p.m., Council Chamber
Special Session of City Council – Council Member District 6 Appointment
Thursday, April 24, 2008, 4:00 p.m., Council Chamber
Council FY09 Budget Workshops
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 & Wednesday, May 14, 2008, 9:00 a.m., Room 100
Council Workshop – Review of Rays’ Stadium Project
Thursday, May 22, 2008, 1:30 p.m., Council Chamber
Ray’s Project Proposal – Public Hearing Dates
May 22, 2008, 6:00 p.m., TBA
Committee to Advocate for Persons with
Arts Advisory Impairments (CAPI)
3 Regular Members 1 Alternate Member
(Terms expire 9/30/09 & 9/30/10) (Term expires 12/31/10)
Civil Service Board Health Facilities Authority
1 Alternate Member 1 Regular Member (Term expires 6/30/10) (Term expires 12/31/10)
Code Enforcement Board International Relations Committee
1 Regular Member, Subcontractor category 1 Regular Member (Term expires 12/31/10) (Term expires 12/31/09)
Commission on Aging Nuisance Abatement Board
2 Regular Members 1 Regular and 1 Alternate Member (Terms expire 12/31/10) (Terms expire 8/31/08 & 12/31/10)