M1 Unit 1 School life
21.注意 22 为…作准备
23.一做某事就 24. 要求某人做某事
重点词汇1.attend 2.achieve 3.miss(doing) 4.experience n./v. 5. develop 6.immediately
adv./ conj. 7.regret (doing) 8. run 9.approve (of) 10.recent 11.close adj./ adv./v.
12.continue (doing/ to do); ~ (with) sth. 13. please vt. 14. require (sb. to do sth.)/require sth.
of sb. 15.challenging 16.introduce…to… 17.extra 18.generation 19.prepare 20.donate sth. to sb. 21.drop 22.select
1.achieve?_____________.(n.) 成就 2.challenging?_____________.(vt.&n)挑战
5.develop?__________. (adj.)发展中的 ________ (adj.)发达的___________ (n.)发展
8.broadcast?_____________. (过去分词) 9.inform?_____________.(n.)信息 ________(adj) 有知识的
He was ____ busy _____ he had to ______ some hobbies. 2.他的成就使他受到尊敬和钦佩.(earn) His achievements_____ him ________ and admiration. 3.浪费了那么多钱,你后悔吗?(regret) Do you ______ __________ so much money? 4.他一回来就开始工作.(upon) ______ ________ back, he began to work. 6.她每年给儿童医院捐10,000元.(donate)She _______10,000 yuan ___the Children’s Hospital. 7.这样的机会不是天天都有.(such as) Opportunities _____ ____ this don’t come every day. 10.我们平均每天收到5 封信.(on average) We receive 5 letters each day ____ _________.
In society now, we , as young men , should respect the old ,and do ____ _____ ____ possible for them.
12.工作之余活动一下多么有趣啊!(fun) ______ _____ it is to play a game after work ! .
1.The textbooks they had been looking forward to _____________to the poor students yesterday.(offer)
2.Mr smith, __________of the_________speech ,started to read a novel .(bore) 3.When first_________to the market, these products enjoyed great success.(introduce) 4.Enough attention should be paid to _________ your pronunciation.(improve) 5.What is the way you thought of __________them out of difficulty.(help) 6.Jack worked late into the night ,_________a long speech for tomorrow’s meeting.(prepare)
7.Please give us your ___________ why you did that.(explain)
10.We really regret _______(say) that you are wrong.
11.I’m sorry I missed ________(see) you while in America.
13.We should _________(inform) of how the work is getting on.
14.A boy with one of his front teeth _________(miss) came into the classroom. 15.They will go outing if it ____________(not rain) this Sunday.
16.The hotel _______(run) by Mr Wang is very successful.
17.She stayed up late, __________(prepare) a report.
1offering 2 bored,boring 3 introduced 4 inproving 5 to help 6preparing 7explanation 8to say ,9seeing
10be informed 11missing 12 doesn’t rain 13run, 14 preparing
1. City people want to be outdoors on the weekend and do something ___________, like
climbing ,cycling and so on .( challenge )
2. While I was busy _________( prepare ) for the final examination ,I spent some time doing exercises every day .
3. Listening to some music is one of the best way to ____________( relaxation ) when you feel nervous
4.The bad weather meant ___________( delay 延迟、耽搁)the rocket for 48 hours .
5. According to a recent Us survey ,children spent up to 25 hours a week ___________( watch ) TV.
6. He used to _________( play ) cards, but now he is used to __________( take ) a walk after supper.
7.Students in class 8 ___________( make ) great progress in the past few months . 8.The manager hope ___________( inform ) of how our business was going on . 选择适当的单词或短语填空
1. sound like / look like
( 1 ) My friends after they heard what had happened to me in the forest in south America, all
said it ____________an adventure (冒险经历)
( 2 ) The man was tall and strong ,and his friends said he _________a sportsman . 2. use to / be used to
?He ________going to bed at 10 o’clock every night ,which was good for his health
?Today’s children are not like what we ________be .They are much more confident .
3. because / because of
? The sports meet was finally put off ___________the bad weather . ?More and more people do exercise every week ,__________they have realized the importance of good health .
4. fun/ funny
?She felt it ______________that the man made up such a story exactly the same as hers . ?The first step to using the web for business or for ______________is learning how to workout a web “browser”
5. spend / take
?Though it _____________us some time to help him with his study ,we were happy anyway. ?Paul Gauguin__________________most his life painting French farmers 6 prepare for / prepare
?Last Sunday ,I gave our house a thorough cleaning and then _____________a wonderful meal and cooked a special dish for my wife .
? When people moved to a new country ,they have to first ______________the new surroundings.(环境)
1. Jumping out of _______ airplane at ten thousand feet is quite _______ exciting experience.
A. /; the B. /; an C. an; an D. the; the
2. In some parts of London, missing a bus means _______ for another hour.
A. waiting B. to wait C. wait D. to be waiting
3. _____ hearing the good news, they all jumped up with joy.
A. At B. On C. In D. As
4. _____ finishing his homework, the boy was allowed to play with his friends.
A. On B. At C. After D. Before
5. When studying in the university, he _____ the habit of getting up every morning.
A. developed B. fell into C. improved D. involved
6. My father _____ take a nap after supper, but now he’s _____ taking a walk.
A. got used to; used to B. used to; used to
C. used to; got used to D. got used to; been used to
7. It’s quite _____ that he will be present at the meeting.
A. sure B. certain C. exact D. afraid
8. The final examination is coming; all the students _____ it.
A. are prepared for B. are preparing
C. are preparing for D. are making preparation
9.All passengers could get ________ as soon as they got onto the ship.
A. food for free B. for free food C. for food free D. food freely 10. If most breadwinners ________ a day’s pay to the Hope Project, then it will be hopeful.
A. gift B. donate C. present D give
11---I’d like to book a room for tonight.
---Sorry, sir, but we don’t have any rooms______ right now.
A. unable B.comfortable C.available D .suitable
12 For the young, ______ should be showed to their parents, teachers and old people.
A. respect B. seriousness C. laugh D.laziness 13 Only by hard working can you _______ the goal.
A. achieve B. receive C. make D. take 14 She _______ me ______ her parents as I met them for the first time.
A. showed; to B. drove; to C. brought; to D. introduced; to 15 When we are doing an experiment, we usually spend two hours with a short _______ in the
A. break B. resting C. breaking D. broken
16 In order to earn more money for his new car, the young man has to work for three ______
hours in the evening.
A. extra B. many C. else D. another
17. Hand in hand with reading, Dave _______ the habit of making notes.
A. caused B. brought C. created D. developed 18. We will wait for further information, you should keep us ________.
A. heard B. informed C. realized D. recognized 19. Marie Curie paid no attention _____ the prize that she won because of her achievements in
A. to B. of C. about D. from
20. More than 5,000 people _______ the important meeting.
A. took B. attended C. took part D. joined 21______ for some time after a tiring day is very enjoyable and exciting for me in summer.
A. Swim B. Swimming C. Go swimming D. To swim 22.. How do you like the cake? It’s quite different from _______ I had last month.
A.that B. which C. the one D. what
23. ______it is to jump into a pool or go swimming in the sea when you visit Hawaii!
A. What fun B. What a fun C. How fun D. How a fun 24. Joe, Jones, the eldest of the eight children ,had to ____out of high school at the age of 16 to
help his father on the farm .
A. leave B. drop C. fall D. go
1. ---Who is the man _______ was talking to our English teacher?
---Oh! It’s Mr Baker, our maths teacher.
A. he B. that C. whom D. which
2. I hate the people ________ don’t help others when they are in trouble.
A. who B. which C. they D. where
3. The foreigner _________ visited our school is from Canada.
A. which B. when C. who D. whom
4. George Mallory was an English school teacher _______ loved climbing.
A. who B. whom C. he D. which
5. This is the place _____I have ever visited.
A. there B. when C. where D. which 6. Nobody knows the reason ______ she didn’t come to the meeting.
A. that B. which C. why D. when
7. The moon is a world ______ there is no life.
A. that B. which C. where D. why
8. He has forgotten the day _______ he arrived.
A. when B. where C. that D. which
9. He still remembers the days ______ he spent with your family.
A. when B. where C. that D. on which
10. Mr. White, ______ car had been stolen, came to the policeman.
A. who B. that C. whose D. which
11. He got to the village _______ his family once lived before liberation.
A. that B. which C. when D. where
12. This is the house _______ I want to buy.
A. in which B. that C. whose D. where
13. This is the house _______ our beloved Premier Zhou once lived and worked.
A. which B. that C. when D. where
14. He didn’t tell me the place _______ he was born.
A. that B. which C. when D. where
15. He lived in a small village, ______ was a long way from the railway station.
1. The house _______ we live in is very big.
2. The boy ______ is wearing the black jacket is very clever. 3. This is the present _____ he gave me for my birthday. 4. The man _______ talked to you just now is an engineer. 5. He talked about the teachers and schools _______ he had visited. 6. There is nothing in the world _______ can frighten him. 7. She wears a gold ring, _______ is very uncommon in our class. 8. We visited a factory _______ makes toys for children. 9. Is this the place _______ your father once lived?
10. I’ll never forget the days _______ I joined the League.
Tom grows the nicest vegetables and fruits and the most beautiful flowers in the village.
Plants grow in Tom’s garden all through the __1__ and they are much __2__.
Tom cuts some flowers for his sitting room table, eats some fruits and vegetables, but he __3__ most of them in the market. His vegetables, fruit and flowers are so __4__ and beautiful
that they sold much more __5__ in the market than those of other villagers.
How does Tom grow these beautiful things? He is so __6__ that he just sits under his orange tree with his radio.
He __7__ the music all day.
That is quite true. Tom __8__ things in spring, summer, autumn and winter. After that he sits with his radio. And everything __9__. It is the music that does the work. Tom knows more clearly that music makes the biggest vegetables and the most beautiful flowers. Plants love __10__ as
much as people.
1. A. week B. month C. season D. year
2. A. better B. worse C. less D. later
3. A. buys B. sells C. borrows D. lends
4. A. dear B. bad C. big D. small
5. A. politely B. quickly C. slowly D. carefully 6. A. angry B. busy C. tired D. lazy 7. A. listens to B. hears C. watches D. speaks 8. A. fills B. plants C. throws D. makes 9. A. does B. moves C. grows D. plays 10.A. work B. rain C. stories D. music